Which cruise would like to do again ?

COLLEYBERRY

i can't think of a specific cruise i would want to repeat. there are a few ports i've been to that i would like to return to for an extended visit, though.

i cruise for the ports. i'm considering a world cruise, but i've been to so many pf the ports along the way, i'm afraid i would be having a constant feeling of 'been there, done that'.

I can't pick just one; I'd like to repeat all three of our European cruises: West Med, East Med, and Baltic. We love the European ports. Much more interesting to us than anything in the Caribbean.

I'd also like to repeat our AK cruise-tour IF we could guarantee that we'd see Denali this time. Last time thanks to clouds, all we saw was the bottom 1/4. :(

Oh easy, Colleyberry - HAL's 14 day Alaska itinerary on the beautiful Amsterdam! And I am! Doing it again, I mean:D! Went last May 31st and am booked on the Aug. 5, 2011 cruise. Perfect cruise for this Alaska-holic and can't wait to do it again! Woo-hoo!

...and I have a feeling you are going to have a wonderful time.:D

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Colleen

Well, there was the crossing back from Hawaii to CA on Mariposa. I was nearly 12 years old and kissed a girl (seriously) for the first time on that ship.

As an adult it was on Westerdam in 2000. (the previous Westerdam).

It was an Eastern Caribbean itinerary, my first time on Half Moon Cay, my first time in and out of San Juan. It was my first time on HAL so my first time to experience the wonders of her exceptional service staff. They showered us with hand made gifts at the end of the week. Needless to say I never tipped more heavily on any ship than this one. It was also a Broadway themed cruise so there was special entertainment including Carole Channing.

The best thing though, and it's something I have never experienced on any other ship, was an event staged by the head chef. On day one at sea he organized a food tasting contest in the main lobby. 21 one of us had blindfolds on and were brought small plates and had to guess what we were tasting. After 18 rounds I was the last person sitting at the table. The prize was a personal tour of the galley and a champaign lunch with the chef on the next sea day for me and my wife. She had been in the beauty parlor for a nail treatment and was surprised when I told her what I had been up to.

We spent about 2 hours with Kees Van Saanten on tour and at table right next to the service line for the MDR. He used this event as a training exercise for the assistant chefs. They had to create dishes that would impress him and that might later make it onto dinner menus. The food was fantastic and we finished 2 bottles of bubbly. I need to get digital versions of the pix from that cruise so I can post on line. It was memorable and fun.

I loved our Mexican Riviera cruise in 2008(and it was convenient for us-my parents and I live in San Diego.)

However, the Eastern Caribbean cruise we took in March of this year was *amazing*. I would do that again(right now,I'm saving to go on a Caribbean cruise late next year-probably Western or Southern this time).

I loved our Mexican Riviera cruise in 2008(and it was convenient for us-my parents and I live in San Diego.)

However, the Eastern Caribbean cruise we took in March of this year was *amazing*. I would do that again(right now,I'm saving to go on a Caribbean cruise late next year-probably Western or Southern this time).

Just wondering, what made the EC amazing vs the Mex which you loved. Also, what lines and ships were you on?

The first time we did Mex was on Vision of the Seas. I have to special memories of that cruise.

1. We arrived a day early, checked into the Holiday Inn in San Diego and as soon as my wife flopped on the bed it started to vibrate. She thought I had put a coin in the vibrator box (there wasn't one). Nope, it was her first earthquake.

2. Sail away wound up being in the middle of the Xmas boat parade and as we approached the mouth of the Bay, off went the fire works. It was pretty cool to watch from Top of the Crown.

Thx

Both of our recent(2008 and 2011) cruises were on HAL. In 2008 we were on the Oosterdam, this year we were on the Eurodam.

Mexico was beautiful-I have lots of GREAT pictures from that trip.I also got to do a dolphin swim, which was one of the highlights of my life!

In the Caribbean, it was the water.The bluest water I have ever seen.The ports we went to(I have a particular fondness for San Juan) did not disappoint. I got lots of good pictures. One thing that Mexico doesn't have as far I know is a equivalent of Half Moon Cay(one that's unspoiled and untouristy I mean). Dang but that was incredible!

The most memorable cruise was 7 day Western Caribbean with stops at Cozumel/Costa Maya/Belize. We went to Mayan Ruins at Tulum and in Belize and found the most wonderful little fishing village outside of Costa Maya, Mahahual. We measure every cruise against that one. For me the experience in the ports is what makes the memories.

We had a blast last month in Cozumel on a Jeep/Tequila/Beach tour. I burn the images into my brain so I have a happy spot to go to when WORK gets too stressful. lol

Don't like ports where the locals follow you around trying to sell things. We try to stay away from those destinations.

Vaguely remember table mates or wait staff so it looks like I'm not a people person....

I would do the South America/Antarctica cruise again in a heartbeat. The itinerary was fantastic and I met so many wonderful people. It was such a wonderful experience to see Antarctica. I just have to go back!

Definitely my Dream Cruise.....The Grand Voyage South Pacific Australia and New Zealand. The ports, the people, the ship, the crew.......fantastic in EVERY way. But before I repeat I need to see the rest of the world!!

I'd like to redo - not relive - the Maasdam Canada/New England cruise of two years ago. Not due to any particular port or specific experience. It was an enjoyable voyage that was marred by a cold summer where it rained every day and where I developed a cold that ended up in bronchitis. So in many ways I felt a nice trip ended not being as enjoyable as it would otherwise be. This was a trip I soooo wanted to do so I'd like to do it right again.

Wow, what a question to ask. We have had so many fantastic cruises.

I know dh wants to do the Baltics again. It was tremendous.

South america was unforgettable and I have really enojoyed the med ports we have been in.

There are just so many wonderful places to see and people to meet - we have been truly fortunate to see the places we have and meet the wonderful people we have and count our blessings every day.:)

The 2002 Asia Pacific Cruise aboard the Volendam is my favorite. It was the Volendam's maiden visit to most of the ports on the itinerary so there were special arrival ceremonies at many of the ports. The passsengers were a very convivial group and we had a very active Roll Call before the cruise. Many of the people whom I met on that cruise I consider friends and some of us have sailed together since. Captain Johnathan Peter Harris and Cruise Director Gary Walker were an ideal team to have on that cruise and the interaction between them provided another form of entertainment for us guests. Up to that time, this was my longest cruise and my maiden visits to most of the ports as well. We enjoyed excellent cabin, dining room, and lounge service and had outstanding cuisine, often with regional dishes (i.e. filet of Kangaroo). Even news worthy events were a part of the cruise (i.e. a fugitive Priest from Los Angeles was found to be among the passengers and was removed at an unscheduled stop at Dutch Harbor.) And, the weather: from the first day out of Vancouver, we experienced memorable weather conditions (i.e. read very active, rough seas) that resulted in an injury to the Chief Engineer, causing him to be replaced by his second in command in that department.

It was such a wonderful cruise that I have been fearful of booking a similar one. I am afraid that it would not live up to my wonderful memories of 2002.

This is tough. We've only had one cruise that was kind of a bummer and the rest have been great, even fantastic. Right now I guess I'd go with our last cruise this past March on the Maasdam. A great 11-day cruise. It was pretty much one of those cruises where everything comes together. The itinerary, the ship, the crew, the food, and the weather were great. I didn't mention our fellow cruisers in that list for a very specific reason....it turns out we made fast and fantastic friends with Amy and TJ, a couple who had the cabin next to ours and shared the same dinner table. So much so that my wife has already had dinner in DC with Amy just this past week. Kind of felt left out but not to worry, Amy and TJ are coming to San Antonio in late June and will spend the weekend at our home and we'll play tour guide. Still better yet is that we talked up our upcoming Med cruise so much that they've booked the cabin next to ours for next year! Now that was a great cruise! :)

All of our cruises have been special in one way or another... Sometimes it's the itinerary, or our traveling companions, or the people we meet onboard, or the need to just get away.

It's easier to list the only one we wouldn't do again ... 1st cruise after drydock on the Celebrity Millennium. But, we learned a valuable lesson... Don't book the cruise prior to or first cruise after a major drydock, even if pricing is fantastic. Just too much goes wrong.

B

Just curious again.:)

Of all the cruises you have taken, which one would you love to relive. Was it the itinerary, the people you met,the memories made ....what is your most memorable cruise ?

We've done two HAL cruises and would love to do both again, partly because of the wonderful service and partly because of the itinerary.

One was on the Zaandam roundtrip San Diego - Hawaii. Besides loving the time we had in Hawaii we really enjoyed the leisurely sea days both directions. We need to return though since we never did see Kona. We'd barely arrived and were anchored in the harbor when the earthquake hit the island and the ship had to leave the harbor.

If we had the budget I'd love to do the 35 day cruise on Zaandam that goes on from Hawaii to the South Pacific before returning to San Diego.

The other memorable HAL cruise was 14 day Alaska adventure on the Amsterdam. We had port stops not usually done, and the scenery of both Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier was awesome. We did that cruise last May and wanted to do it this July but our cruise budget was spent on repairs.

Archived