All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

We are sailing on Explorer 7/21/11. Last October when we sailed on Oasis you could buy the port and shopping guide and you could get a sticker on your sea pass card and with that sticker you could get the drink of the day, buy one get one free, no limit. Does anyone know if Explorer offers this?

They didn't in April....

Has anyone had breakfast in the MDR? Would you recommend it?

Sometimes (ok most of the time) the WJ is crazy and it would be nice to be in a more relaxed atmostphere.

Thanks

Liz

yes and yes...just keep in mind that it may take longer and they will seat you with others most likely.....it's fun though but it too can get busy....also the hours are more limited so don't sleep late! lol

yes and yes...just keep in mind that it may take longer and they will seat you with others most likely.....it's fun though but it too can get busy....also the hours are more limited so don't sleep late! lol

And, if you have a good sense of timing, you get the chocolate breakfast buffet. YUM YUM chocolate milkshake for breakfast.

Personally, I would skip the caves. If you've seen one stalactite you've seen them all.

Horseshoe Bay is beautiful. Get there early, walk along the beach, explore the coves, swim, then rinse off and change and get back on the bus to the South Shore Swizzle Inn http://www.swizzleinn.com/ Get some Rum Swizzles and some fish sandwiches and nachos (drinking age is 18 and my son had his first legal drink here).

Go back to the ship and if there's time, walk around the dockyard, buy some rum cakes, and watch the glass blowing.

Going to the caves and Horseshoe is not a relaxing day.

Wow- thanks so much for this post- this is exactly my plan for our one (and first ever) day in Bermuda- I feel much more confident we (ok- seriously, I) made the right choices! :) Can't wait!!!!

Edited by podsnel

And, if you have a good sense of timing, you get the chocolate breakfast buffet. YUM YUM chocolate milkshake for breakfast.

Do they have the chocolate breakfast on the 5 day to Bermuda? Which day is it?

Gail

Do they have the chocolate breakfast on the 5 day to Bermuda? Which day is it?

Gail

We didn't have the chocolate buffet on our 9 night. Either that or it wasn't advertised anywhere and our waiter didn't mention it when telling us each night what to expect/do the next day.

Hi - Explorer Fans and Fans to be! It's great a new thread was started!! :)

My family had the pleasure of sailing EOS for the April 28th - May 7th, 9 night cruise. We enjoyed the cruise, ship & ports very much. DH and I were a part of the Motorcycle Cruisers on this sailing. I anticipated writing a review with a Carnival comparison, but have not found the time while planning a HS graduation and a wedding :eek: since returning. Yikes!

Anyway, I thought some of you may be interested in viewing my photo "review", a link for the entire trip is here:

http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/ab46/silvercrikhix/Royal%20Caribbean%20Explorer%20OTS%20Motorcycle%20Cruise/

The main album has pictures of St. Maarten & St. Thomas....everything else is in separate sub-albums. Bermuda, San Juan, Explorer OTS, Royal Family Suite #8394 balcony & views, Bridge Tour, Motorcycles & Riders, etc...

ENJOY!

I do have the Cruise Compasses for all 9 nights and if anyone is interested, I'll make the time to scan & post them.

Happy sailing, EVERYONE!!

Dreaming of Floating......................................

Wow- thanks so much for this post- this is exactly my plan for our one (and first ever) day in Bermuda- I feel much more confident we (ok- seriously, I) made the right choices! :) Can't wait!!!!

I agree.........if you only have 1 day there, spend it at a beach! We did caves when we were there, but we were there 2 days before going to other places.

We didn't have the chocolate buffet on our 9 night. Either that or it wasn't advertised anywhere and our waiter didn't mention it when telling us each night what to expect/do the next day.

I have seen chocolate buffets in the evening on the Explorer but I have never heard of a chocolate breakfast. We've been on the Explorer quite a few times and never heard of this...........is this something new? Not that I could handle chocolate for breakfast........that doesn't even sound good to me........LOL

My family had the pleasure of sailing EOS for the April 28th - May 7th, 9 night cruise. We enjoyed the cruise, ship & ports very much. DH and I were a part of the Motorcycle Cruisers on this sailing. I anticipated writing a review with a Carnival comparison, but have not found the time while planning a HS graduation and a wedding :eek: since returning. Yikes!

Anyway, I thought some of you may be interested in viewing my photo "review", a link for the entire trip is here:

http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/ab46/silvercrikhix/Royal%20Caribbean%20Explorer%20OTS%20Motorcycle%20Cruise/

The main album has pictures of St. Maarten & St. Thomas....everything else is in separate sub-albums. Bermuda, San Juan, Explorer OTS, Royal Family Suite #8394 balcony & views, Bridge Tour, Motorcycles & Riders, etc...

ENJOY!

I do have the Cruise Compasses for all 9 nights and if anyone is interested, I'll make the time to scan & post them.

So glad you enjoyed your cruise. I would love to see the compasses. I have been searching everywhere. :)

I am sooo glad that I found this thread. This will be my DH and I first time on the Explorer and our friends FIRST cruise ever! 11/20/11 11-night Southern Caribbean.

There has been some really great info that I have taken from this thread and hope that I can offer some when we return.

I just have one famous question! I am on a sleep machine at night and was just wondering if there are any plugs near the bed so I don't have to lug the extension cord with me. We are in cat. E1 cabin 8318 (Hump Cabin). Not a big deal if no one knows just trying to lighten the load a little bit or at least gonna try to lol.

Also and recommondations for shore excursions in St Kitts. This will be our first time here and just wondering!

ENJOY!

Beautiful photos!! Can't wait to see it for myself!:D

Count me in as another one who would love to see those Cruise Compasses....thank-you!

for 20 - yes - a little more space but makes a difference - stay away from deck 6 if you mind metal bottom on the balcony other decks are plexi glass

We were on the hump on deck nine and the bottom section of our balcony was metal with the plexiglass only half way up... I didn't know any of the balconies were all plexiglass on the ExoS...

I have not been on the Explorer yet but If I am correct in my reading, you can get free coffe at Cafe Promenade but if you want "Seattle's Best" coffee, it's gonna cost ya. I think Seattle's Best is their version of a Starbucks. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. :)

Loralie

Seattle's Best is actually a Starbucks subsidiary! Which is great for me, because I drink Starbucks like its mother's milk.

One thing I was wondering about, is there anyway for me to connect my ipod into the TV on EOS to listen to music? (I was able to do this on the LOS last year). It would save me space by not having to pack my ihome. Thanks!!

So glad you enjoyed your cruise. I would love to see the compasses. I have been searching everywhere. :)

Beautiful photos!! Can't wait to see it for myself!:D

Count me in as another one who would love to see those Cruise Compasses....thank-you!

I will get to it this week! I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Happy Sailing, Everyone!

For the OP that uses a Cpap machine call the cruise line I think it's special services and have them put a extension cord there for you. My wife uses that type of machine. when we got aboard there wasn't one in the room so we told the cabin steward that we requested one to be there, she immediately called them ( special services) and got one for us. It's a bit more heavy duty then a regular extension cord. Just roll it up in the morning so you don't trip over it during the day...and be aware of the different outlet voltages, just be sure your plugged in the right one or you MIGHT fry your machine, not sure ask!

Have a great time on the EOS we sure did. This was our first time on a cruise and all I can say is don't try and do every thing!!!! Have fun wish I was going again.

Originally Posted by Loralie

I have not been on the Explorer yet but If I am correct in my reading, you can get free coffe at Cafe Promenade but if you want "Seattle's Best" coffee, it's gonna cost ya. I think Seattle's Best is their version of a Starbucks. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Loralie

Loralie,

The free coffee in the Promenade Cafe is Seattle's Best and it's usually very good. I'm a big coffee drinker and the cafe is the only place on the ship that I enjoyed the coffee. There's no charge for regular and decaf coffee in there and it is Seattle's Best. There is a charge for other coffees like lattes, capacino's, expresso, flavored, etc.

Enjoy your cruise!

Patty

We were on the hump on deck nine and the bottom section of our balcony was metal with the plexiglass only half way up... I didn't know any of the balconies were all plexiglass on the ExoS...

You're right. I think the Freedom class was the first with all plexiglass. Deck 7 and up have half metal, half plexi.

Originally Posted by not2old

None of the balconies on the Explorer are all Plexiglass. They all have the metal on the bottom and plexiglass on top except on deck 6. The bottom metal is higher and there is no plexiglass.........just metal. Radiance Class ships are all plexiglass balconies and I think all Freedom class is too.

<snip...>Count me in as another one who would love to see those Cruise Compasses....thank-you!

I posted these not too long ago and know it will help those looking for Explorer Compasses.

EOS Day-1-20110609.pdf

EOS Day-2-20110610.pdf

EOS Day-3-20110611.pdf

EOS Day-4-20110612.pdf

EOS Day-5-20110613.pdf

EOS Day-6-20110614.pdf

EOS Day-7-20110615.pdf

EOS Day-8-20110616.pdf

EOS Day-9-20110617.pdf