All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

Guest maddycat
Will be on EOS in December and want to find out which bars you can still smoke in and if any of those bars become non-smoking at certain times. Can anyone help out?

Thanks,

Rich

I was on the Explorer in May and remember passing through a section in Dizzy's (deck 14) where smoking was allowed.

Edited by maddycat

those with kids, do u think it will be ok for the two boys to wear "black" sneakers to the dining room - they will not be comfortable wearing dress shoes each night and i'm thinkiing they are 9 and 11 and after dinner they'll be running to the kids club!

thanks

Maddy - thanks for the info.

NYC - I think that will be fine. I wouldn't want to run around in dress shoes either. :) I wouldn't have them wear shorts and flipflops on formal night, but as long as they try to wear something appropriate, I think most people would think it's just fine.

Rich

thanks for the feedback Rich - they will definitly be dressed for formal night w/a suit..just w/black sneakers on LOL

NYC - I think that will be fine. I wouldn't want to run around in dress shoes either. :) I wouldn't have them wear shorts and flipflops on formal night, but as long as they try to wear something appropriate, I think most people would think it's just fine.

Rich

Rich

You're the cruise after us.... but what I really wanted to say in ref to your avatar: She's Cute.

I am sooo glad that I found this thread. This will be my DH and I first time on the Explorer and our friends FIRST cruise ever! 11/20/11 11-night Southern Caribbean.

...recommondations for shore excursions in St Kitts. This will be our first time here and just wondering!

Dw and I can recommend Thenford Grey Tours to you. He gives you a great tour of all the major sites including Brimstone fortress, the Romney Manor, Sir Timothy's Hill and Cockleshell Beach, all at a very reasonable price.

You can google him at Grey's Tours.

You're the cruise after us.... but what I really wanted to say in ref to your avatar: She's Cute.

Thanks. I'm kinda partial to her myself. ;) I guess you play around w/ QR codes too. :)

those with kids, do u think it will be ok for the two boys to wear "black" sneakers to the dining room - they will not be comfortable wearing dress shoes each night and i'm thinkiing they are 9 and 11 and after dinner they'll be running to the kids club!

thanks

I don't think black sneakers would be an issue at all. If people are looking that closely at your kids' feet when they have an entire cruise ship to be looking at then they seriously need to get a life.

for those who did the 9 night EOS do u change your watch once u get to St. Martin? It now says we get to St. Thomas at 9a but i'm thinking it might actually be 8a after the time change.
I learned this early on ... do not change your watch , what ever time the ship clock is when you first get on is what it will remain the entire trip ... LOL ;)

I disagree. Every time I have been on the longer Explorer cruises the time has changed - an hour forward on the way down and an hour back on the return. This puts the ship on the same time as the islands.

This might have been asked already but on the 5 night to Explorer do they change to Bermuda time? I know 3 years ago they did but has that remained the same

We have dolphin quest from 2:30-3pm on the 2nd Bermuda day. They kick us out of dophin quest right away at 3pm so we should be back on the ship by 3:30pm

This might have been asked already but on the 5 night to Explorer do they change to Bermuda time? I know 3 years ago they did but has that remained the same

We have dolphin quest from 2:30-3pm on the 2nd Bermuda day. They kick us out of dophin quest right away at 3pm so we should be back on the ship by 3:30pm

The two times we sailed EX they stayed on Eastern time, as I think Bermuda is anyway. (I might be wrong) but nevertheless, we did stay on Eastern time One cruise was in March, the other in September.

The two times we sailed EX they stayed on Eastern time, as I think Bermuda is anyway. (I might be wrong) but nevertheless, we did stay on Eastern time One cruise was in March, the other in September.

They are 1 hour ahead of us. I can't do this time math but Dolphin quest is 2:30-3pm

So what eastern time(ships time) would that be. 1:30?.. Then i think we are fine then. My brain keeps thinking its an hour behind because in cozumel/costa maya they kept ship time and not central time.

just back from the 9 day 0n 06/23...we did change the clocks 1 hour ahead and then change it back after we left bermuda........also witnessed my first medical evacuation at sea after we left san juan...had to turn around so the helicopter can puck up a crew member with a ruptured appendix....we did manage to make up the time lost........

just back from the 9 day 0n 06/23...we did change the clocks 1 hour ahead and then change it back after we left bermuda........also witnessed my first medical evacuation at sea after we left san juan...had to turn around so the helicopter can puck up a crew member with a ruptured appendix....we did manage to make up the time lost........

my parents are going on the cruise leaving today.

oh thats one sucky feeling when you get back and you see the people coming for their cruise all excited and your like "just bug off" lol

Is St. Thomas the same time as us? i have the sea lion swim booked at Coral World for 11:15am - will that be the same as the ship time?

Our ship is due to arrive at 9am in St. Thomas -

what time do the stores open in St. thomas? I have to be at Coral World by about 10:45am just wondering if i can get some shopping done in the morning before that

There probably won't be any time for shopping. A very few of the stores open at 9, but most do not open until 10.