"Suite Life" here we come...but one question?

osagegal

I am so excited! I was able to upgrade our VA to an SC guarantee on our upcoming July 9 Alaska cruise for $300/pp! My DS(9) and Mom are also going, but booked in an inside. While I realize they will not get to share in all of our suite perks, will we be able to keep our son with us during embarktion/disembarktion? It would be really nice if we could all get on and off the ship together! Thanks in advance, CC has been invaluable to planning this trip!!!

There will be no problem at all at disembarkation. As for Suite embarkation, all you need to do is forgo that perk and stick with your family. The waits aren't usually a problem, and I'd certainly choose that over not being able to board with the people I love.

I agree - stick together and forget the special embarkation. disembarkation is no problem as y you can connect the rooms on your form.

they will be able to join you in your suite and share in hors d'hoeuvres that you want to order or you can bring munchies from the neptune lounge:D have a great cruise:D

I agree with the suggestion that you join your Mom and son in the line to which they are directed for check in and can all stay together that way. A suite guest has the choice to go to any of the lines.

Hope you all have a wonderful time.

Thank you all for the quick replies!! We may just stick to the regular lines to board. However, I was wanting to stay in our suite as long as possible on disembarktion day! This is my first cruise, but I guess I was assuming that disembarking, retrieving luggage and catching a cab to the airport may be just a little chaotic and I didn't want to add trying to catch up with other family members to that crazy mix! I agree with you Sail7seas, and I don't think suite perks should be extended to non-suite guests. I wouldn't dream of asking if they could join us in the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast or have their laundry done. I just felt that disembarking together shouldn't cause anyone any additional work or cost, maybe I'm wrong :(

You son and Mom can request disembarkation time later than assigned. It is the earlier times that many people are eager to get.

As a Suite guest, you are promised priority disembarkation if you want it but if you wish to stay in your suite to be in the last group, all of you can do that.

While I'm sure the original poster had no ill intentions with her post, it got me thinking.....my husband and I just booked an SA suite on the Noordam for mid January. This trip is costing us a boatload of money and I just don't think it's fair to have nonsuite guests take advantage of what we've paid for. I liken it to when flying and those who need extra time to board first and a family of 5 'helps' that person board. Really? Southwest airlines when one person pays to board early and 'reserves' seats with coats, etc for 6 others. Our last cruise (on Princess) when embarking, we stood inline for close to two hours. We are looking forward to not having to do that on our upcoming cruise. We've never been in a suite before (best we've done is a mini suite on Princess) and are really looking forward to all the 'bells and whistles' we've paid for and not yet experienced. Again I'm sure the OP had no ill will intended with the post, just thought I'd throw my two cents in.

I am so excited! I was able to upgrade our VA to an SC guarantee on our upcoming July 9 Alaska cruise for $300/pp! My DS(9) and Mom are also going, but booked in an inside. While I realize they will not get to share in all of our suite perks, will we be able to keep our son with us during embarktion/disembarktion? It would be really nice if we could all get on and off the ship together! Thanks in advance, CC has been invaluable to planning this trip!!!

I assume HAL is like Celebrity. Minor children come with you whether or not they are in the same cabin (Celebrity allows 14 year olds to be booked in their own cabin - has to be in the same general area of the ship as you but they had priority embark, disembark, and tender with us).

There will be no problem at all at disembarkation. As for Suite embarkation, all you need to do is forgo that perk and stick with your family. The waits aren't usually a problem, and I'd certainly choose that over not being able to board with the people I love.

What? A 9 year old is a minor child. I am sure they can embark with their parents as they sure can't sign anything including credit card payments.

Embarkation last November in Ft Lauderdale we had a group of about 8-10 CC members (all gathered into line at exact same time, PURE COINCIDENCE) and though hubby and I were the only Suite Passengers, when I mentioned that we were together (meaning talking, not traveling), they let all of us go through the Suite Line and process. While doing our paperwork I mentioned to the lady that had waved us all through what I'd meant and she said no problem, if you are a group, CC, family, friends, you go through together:)

Joanie

The one suite perk that HAL seems happy to let you share is the in room hors d'hoeuvre service. It can be ordered daily for up to 6 people - and they know there are not 6 people staying in your suite.

We often host a get together or two for new friends, partly to share all that champagne we seem to accumulate. The NL concierges have always been glad to see that we have plenty of hors d'hoeuvres. I think perhaps it's their way of introducing even more people to the Suite Life.

Works for me.

... , if you are a group, CC, family, friends, you go through together:)

Joanie

Sorry, Joanie - I've never heard of that. If they do that for everyone, there's no longer any embarkation benefit connected to suites. The wait will be exactly as long as other lines.

Glad to know it should be ok! My mom is more than happy to board and/or disembark by herself, I didn't want her to have to look after my son in the process. So looking forward to enjoying all the suite perks, however, I am pretty sure that we will be hooked and not want to cruise without them!

Congratulations on the upsell.

You will love the SC!!

Yes -- your son and mother can embark the ship with you -- you are all family.

And yes -- you all can arrange to disembark at the same time -- and you all can stay together in your SC suite at the end of the cruise.

While I'm sure the original poster had no ill intentions with her post, it got me thinking.....my husband and I just booked an SA suite on the Noordam for mid January. This trip is costing us a boatload of money and I just don't think it's fair to have nonsuite guests take advantage of what we've paid for. I liken it to when flying and those who need extra time to board first and a family of 5 'helps' that person board. Really? Southwest airlines when one person pays to board early and 'reserves' seats with coats, etc for 6 others. Our last cruise (on Princess) when embarking, we stood inline for close to two hours. We are looking forward to not having to do that on our upcoming cruise. We've never been in a suite before (best we've done is a mini suite on Princess) and are really looking forward to all the 'bells and whistles' we've paid for and not yet experienced. Again I'm sure the OP had no ill will intended with the post, just thought I'd throw my two cents in.

I don't think the op was trying to pass on any suite benefits to the other parties other than having her minor child board with them. And was willing to go the regular lineup - but as noted, as the child is a minor, has to be with them anyways. ;)

They're not looking for neptune lounge access, pg or anything else.

certainly as a suite passenger, anyone is more than welcome to have guests to their suite and have sufficient hors d'hoeuvre to accomodate all. it is one of the perks:) Including for you:) So, when you make some friends on your cruise, by all means arrange with the concierge to order and invite them to join you if you so wish:)

I too see a large difference between having one's minor child with them versus 8-10 strangers. Surely the first is no burden to paying suite passengers since they could have had the kid stay in their suite in the first place. 8-10 strangers, on the other hand, is an obvious abuse. Now if were in the middle, if they had 8-10 minor children with them?

Assuming that the DS will be on his parents credit card, not his grandmother's, he needs to board with the parents, even though he will be in a different cabin. EM

Obviously! I think some people have way too much free time on their hands telling parents that a minor child can not board with them because they are not in the same cabin (as if the 9 year old will cause the line to become longer standing next to their parents who are giving the credit card info, etc.). I have heard of many people booking Suites on various lines and putting their children in the Inside across the hall.

We are talking about someone's minor 9 year old child who will not be filling out any paperwork...

Archived