HAL CC Group Caribbean Cruise ~ Final Poll

Which cruise works best for you?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise works best for you?

• 10/29/06 or 11/12/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Eastern" Caribbean
    • 11/3/06 Volendam 10-day ~ "Southern" Caribbean
    • 11/5/06 Westerdam ~ 7-day "Western" Caribbean

Patval, I don't remember if you've posted on this thread before, but I think you may have misunderstood something I said and I want to be really clear if I can do that. What I said was that anyone is welcome to book this cruise on their own and we'd all love to meet and get together with them.

However! If you do that you will not be an official part of this "group". You could not take part in any of the "group" activities other than casual get togethers. So I certainly didn't mean to suggest that you can go off, book on your own, and still be a part of the group cruise.

Also ... and this is very important ... one of the rules on the CC boards is that you do not come on the boards and start juggling discussions of pricing that you've gotten elsewhere. You can email back and forth with anyone you wish, but please don't post on the boards if you decide to book on your own. It's a big "no-no" with Cruise Critic and I think they are within their rights to have guidelines.

So it's certainly wise to compare the rates we're quoted by the CC TA with rates we get elsewhere, but just understand that booking with your own TA means you're not part of our group.

Don't forget that when we plan this cruise through CC they are providing us with a booking site, our own message board to plan everything, etc. So it's only right that we abide by their rules.

My two cents again (or is it four cents now??)

I don't like the masquerade thing. To me, it does evoke images of costumes. DH and I have cruised the past two Halloweens and have not worn costumes--not our thing, really (and they take up precious room in the suitcase!) I also don't think the name needs to include the Cruise Critic name--anyone on the website will already know that (this is going to be an CC official-sanctioned group cruise, right?)

I like HAL-O-WeenDam Cruise (play on HAL and the dam theme, as well as the time of year--Halloween) or the shorter HAL-O-Ween Cruise.

Heather, ultimately it is your decision and we will stand behind what ever you choose. Thanks for allowing all the input. :-)

Lisa

Okay, now back to names.

From the way some of you are writing the name, I'm wondering if you understand that the title suggested (partially by Ziggy, Brian and me) is a play on words of HAL. So it's HAL-O-Ween ... not Hallo-ween.

I think that part is really good and I'd hate to see it go. I also like Sail7Seas' "Dam" and had hoped to work that in. I'm trying to work in a lot of different suggestions so that it comes out a group effort.

That's how I came to HAL-O-Ween Dam Cruise. I would like to extend that to the HAL-O-Ween Dam Masquerade Cruise because I still do like the double meaning there that Rob or Tonya picked up on ... our CC personalities being a masquerade for who we may really may be.

So.... What does everyone think of "HAL-O-Ween Dam Cruise"

I don't want to go with this until more chime in. But if that doesn't happen soon, I'm just going to start the new thread without the title. Hate to do that because I think it would be more fun with a title.

I have not posted on CC because of my graduate school work but I do check the website. Well sorry like I said in my first email that I missed read what I read but oh well I just have used this company alot in the past and I have seen some of the other CC group prices and I am able to get them for anywhere from $200-400 less person then what is shown with everything included taxes and port charges and gov fees. I just would hate to have everyone pay more then what they have to but oh well I will stop posting and just read!

Paul

HAL-O-WEEN DAM CRUISE sounds good to me. No mention of costumes and so that won't be a turn off. It's a play on words, short (easy to have t-shirts printed up), and nothing about the possible turn-off of costumes.

Heather and ALL - Just wanted to let you know I am returning to work full time, thus will be spending less time on the boards, especially in the beginning. I start THIS Wednesday.

Will there be an email sent out once Laura secures the rates, etc? I don't want to miss anything of importance, so I am just wondering. Thanks.

Marie

ExaltingHim@cox.net

Paul, if you have an issue you want to discuss with me about pricing than please email me. No one is being asked or forced to join this group cruise. So you should do whatever makes you feel comfortable. But everyone here is a very wise cruise consumer and knows all about pricing for cruises. Each will either choose to join our group or not. They honestly don't need any guidance. We're happy to have you join us, but we will not have a battle about cruise rates here. That is not why we're here.

Marie, yes ... I will absolutely email you and provide any link you need. Good luck with your new job!!!:D

I'm liking HAL-O-Ween Dam Cruise more every minute!!!:D

JMO, but I don't equate masquerade with costume. The former signifies masks or an air of mystery while the latter involves wearing costumes. Someone (I think it was Heather) indicated that our screen names are a masquerade of our true selves, which I agree with. Hopefully, we can reach a consensus on this one!

How does one masquerade at a Halloween Party without a costume? :confused: I know you are saying that the 'mystery' would be not revealing what our screen names are but ?????

How does one masquerade at a Halloween Party without a costume? :confused: I know you are saying that the 'mystery' would be not revealing what our screen names are but ?????

I've taken the word "masquerade" out since some didn't like it. But I think many of us "masquerade" every day without a costume. Still ... it's a reach. So it's gone:D

What I was picturing was everyone dressed in their formal clothing, and wearing or holding a mask...sort of like a Southern Ball.

However, I do understand that the term might be a detriment, so I have thrown my support behind the HAL-O-Ween Dam Cruise.

Marie, still waiting ... except for StanfordsGirl who we haven't heard from in awhile, you're the only one who hasn't sent me her email.

Ziggy, that is too funny about your name! So it most definitely has to be the Masquerade Martini.

BTW, we have to come up with a title for Trubey being our Webmaster. Rita, you're the clever one with the imagination so work on that for us:D

Just got done watching "Runaway Jury" so I'm shutting down for the night and the weekend. Have a good one, everyone!

Heather,

I sent you an e-mail on 3/19 and told you I would be in Mexico for 10 days. You must have forgotten with all the fabulous plans being made for this cruise. Please don't forget about me as I want to come play also.:D COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!

Archived