No past passenger pricing currently?

loliola

Panama canal cruise in November - is it unusual that past passenger pricing is the same?

Perhaps it depends on the cabin category. I just signed in and out and price checked the Nov full transits ... and some categories were equal, while others were $3-400 different.

you can try emptying your browser cache or history, make sure you are signed in but the closer it is till sailing, prices will go up and these canal sailings are very popular this year. The 9/26 from Sf to FLL is completely wait listed and subsequent sailings are filling fast and pricing is very volatile for those fall sailings.

Isn't some past passenger pricing also dependant on Early Booking and you have to book some number of months in advance to get the special price? I get so confused by the various promotions and rules, but I know that we missed out on a lower price on one of our cruises because we booked 11.5 months in advance instead of 12. The special pricing ended on a specific day for all the cruises for that location/season, so it was not strictly a certain number of months prior to the cruise, either.

Isn't some past passenger pricing also dependant on Early Booking and you have to book some number of months in advance to get the special price? I get so confused by the various promotions and rules, but I know that we missed out on a lower price on one of our cruises because we booked 11.5 months in advance instead of 12. The special pricing ended on a specific day for all the cruises for that location/season, so it was not strictly a certain number of months prior to the cruise, either.

That's exactly what I thought. It seems lately that past passenger pricing is more like early booking rates, from what I have seen.

I am waiting on a cb from my TA regarding a huge price decrease on a New Years cruise. We booked a B2B with the first 7 days over $4,000. Pricing on the web site this weekend was a $1000.00 less for those first 7 days and the TA always gives us a better price. We should get that reduction or we'll just cancel and immediately rebook at the lower price.

you can try emptying your browser cache or history, make sure you are signed in but the closer it is till sailing, prices will go up and these canal sailings are very popular this year. The 9/26 from Sf to FLL is completely wait listed and subsequent sailings are filling fast and pricing is very volatile for those fall sailings.

Interestingly, the 9/25 sailing on the Island from San Pedro is pretty much wide open, except for full suites ... and the prices keep dropping for that sailing. The Coral on 9/26 has been totally waitlisted for several weeks, whether from Vancouver or San Fran ... seems puzzling in light of the selling status of the Island.

I never seen cruising so cheap as it is at the moment, 12 nights Ruby princess 649 usd. This is on the 15 july, past passenger knocked it down from 1799 to 799 for a 3 pax cabin

Yes, Europe on the whole is cheap this summer. No one wants to fly there I guess. Most the cruise lines are having trouble filling their ships, especially those ships going to Egypt.

The Past Passenger Pricing has really dropped off lately. Don't know why. :confused:

I'll assume San Pedro is a full? Transit. Most of the Islands are partial and I will guess they are less popular...

Interestingly, the 9/25 sailing on the Island from San Pedro is pretty much wide open, except for full suites ... and the prices keep dropping for that sailing. The Coral on 9/26 has been totally waitlisted for several weeks, whether from Vancouver or San Fran ... seems puzzling in light of the selling status of the Island.

I'll assume San Pedro is a full? Transit. Most of the Islands are partial and I will guess they are less popular...

Yes, the Coral on 9/26 ex San Fran and the Island on 9/25 ex San Pedro are full transits. Just seems odd that one would be waitlisted for so long, while the other if wide open for booking.

Thanks for bringing up the past passenger question. We have had an interesting week, watching for reductions on our 20day B2B on the Emerald feb2012. NO reductions showing for the 20 day, but logging in to look at the pricing for each leg (10 day E. Caribbean, 10 day South) the prices were significantly lower...our TA was confused, called Princess, and they confirmed. SO...we rebooked 2 10 days, and have a $678.00 savings...same category.

Anyone have this happen????

I never seen cruising so cheap as it is at the moment, 12 nights Ruby princess 649 usd. This is on the 15 july, past passenger knocked it down from 1799 to 799 for a 3 pax cabin

Hi antsp

Just wondering if you use a USta as i have been tring to find one with out much joy but would love to take advantage of the price drops. email me at

aline.briffa@virgin.net if you have one that i could try please :).

I picked up the 11/23/11, 14 nt RT Hawaii cruise on the Golden today for close to $400 less pp as a pass passenger rate. I was notified Thursday by e-mail of the special rate. It seems like I receive a notice at least once a month from Princess with PP promos.

Note that requesting, responding to requests for or posting TA information is a violation of the CC rules...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

Hi antsp

Just wondering if you use a USta as i have been tring to find one with out much joy but would love to take advantage of the price drops. email me at

aline.briffa@virgin.net if you have one that i could try please :).

Archived