Review on our Alaska Cruise aboard the Radiance

The Copper Whale B& B was fine. There was only either metered parking or a garage a couple blocks down. The rooms were adequate.....There was absolutely nothing to complain about and I don't think they could do anything to improve upon what was there. The grounds were well attended and the rooms were clean and nice. That being said, for whatever reason, it didn't blow me away. I can't say why. Would we stay there again, absolutely but more likely, we would look for somewhere else. Like I said, no reason at all.

I know this probably doesn't help at all. It was located about 4 or 5 blocks from the main area of downtown. Very walkable.....

Thanks for the nice comments :D

Even if it is what some may perceive to be a funny question .. was the ship warm while cruising Alaska .. in the dining room for example ?

Thank you. :)

As far as I can remember, yes it was warm. Stepping out on the veranda in the evening, not so much. Remember people dress very differently so you are in jeans, tennis shoes, etc. as difficult as that is to imagine.

klingeroncruiser - thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone going this summer, be sure and post a link to your reviews, or atleast let me know how it went and if you did any of the same things I did.

Have a great one!

Anyone going this summer, be sure and post a link to your reviews, or atleast let me know how it went and if you did any of the same things I did.

Have a great one!

Will do! I completed a lengthy review of our Spring Break trip on the Carnival Liberty and intend to do the same when we sail on the Radiance in... wait for it... 25 days!!! (My Spring Break review link in my signature line.)

Thanks for your great review!

As far as I can remember, yes it was warm. Stepping out on the veranda in the evening, not so much. Remember people dress very differently so you are in jeans, tennis shoes, etc. as difficult as that is to imagine.

klingeroncruiser - thanks!

what about tennis shoes at dinner ? I can feel the flames now :p

• 4 weeks later...

Truthfully, I would say, yes. I can't remember specifically but it was a MUCH more casual cruise. Like I said, I wore jeans and tennies and I NEVER do.

Look at some of the pics of people to get an idea. I can't even remember what pics I posted but it is really casual for a cruise.

Have a great one!

Jen,

Fantastic review. We went on Radiance in May 2009 and it was the best trip ever for us as well. We leave again for Alaska 7/6. We're spending a week on the Kenai, then headed south on Radiance. While we're on the Kenai, we're doing TWO bear trips, weather permitting:D. The first one will be with K Bay Air out to Katmai, the second will be with Talon Air out of Soldotna to Wolverine Creek across the Cook Inlet near Lake Clark NP. In between we'll be sea kayaking Katchamak Bay to photograph sea otters, and once my parents join us, we'll be doing the 7.5 hour Kenai Fjords tour, as well as a float fishing trip on the Kenai for trout and dolly varden. On the cruise we'll be fishing in three ports for salmon & halibut (my Dad & I love to fish and this will be his first trip to Alaska), with whale watching in Juneau. I'm hoping to post "live" each day, but exhaustion and wifi access may limit me until we return home:).

A also plan on putting together videos once we got home. The funny thing is I found your vidoes three weeks ago before I found this review. Great job!

L.J.

• 3 months later...

Awwww, Thanks so much. We didn't take a cruise this year but rather did land based vacations. We went to the BVI and just got back last night from Atlantis on Nassau.

Hopefully we will cruise again next year.

mwwaaaa!

"His old self" ... That made me laugh!! :p Not exactly how he looked in the late 70's (or even when he was an original VJ on VH1) ... but I still love him :D (even though it looks like he should be wearing black knee high socks' date=' sandles and shorts - if you know what I mean ;))[/quote']

Grouch's Sis,

I got to see Bowzer on 2 Mariner of Seas cruises. He had different back up on each cruise. I enjoyed both of his shows. Yes, he's older, but that happens to the best of us. He's still a great guy, and he still does that old "flex the muscle" and make the face. :D:

Jen,

I posted the above, before I started to really read your review. It was amazing, and the pictures, WOW. When you stare "open mouthed" at a picture, I can only imagine what seeing that same view in person, must be like. It's a trip you'll remember forever, and thanks so much for taking us along. :D:

Jen,

I posted the above, before I started to really read your review. It was amazing, and the pictures, WOW. When you stare "open mouthed" at a picture, I can only imagine what seeing that same view in person, must be like. It's a trip you'll remember forever, and thanks so much for taking us along. :D:

It was amazing and is still my favorite trip we have taken. Definitely go if you haven't already!

I just came across your review and have really enjoyed reading it and looking at your pictures. It was like reliving the cruise we just had in August.

We enjoyed everything about the Radiance and the wonderful itinerary! We were fortunate to have wonderful weather every day with just a light drizzle in Juneau.

We took the southbound route going from Seward to Vancouver, and loved every minute of it.

My wife is the camera buff in our family. She took a lot of pictures of our cruise, including the two bears we saw in Icy Strait Point, as well as whales in Juneau and Icy Strait Point.

But I think the highlight for me was being invited to dine with the captain and my wife sat on his right :D

If you have time, you might like to look at my wife's personal website where she posted highlights of our cruise.

http://nancysoasis.com/alaska2012/alaska2012.html

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Kings girl...funny....whoop there it is!

EMED2010....you won't regret it....and definately do the bears in Katmai (even though right now you are thinking "oh h*ll no" Best experience ever. Loved the ATVs too.

Great, great trip!

Redhead621 - thanks

JimAOk1945 - thanks for sharing. Awesome pictures. I loved the ones of the whale (tail).

Wow! Your review was awesome! You had me laughing so many times, I had to tie down DH to listen to some of what you had written.

Thank you so much for posting this review as well as your videos.

You are a rip! I spent the better part of this evening going through this thread and it was well worth it.:)