Room assignments on a Guaranty

burtie

Hi,

Any ideas when staterooms are assigned when you sign up for a guaranty? We sail on the Golden Princess on July 2nd (9 days) and do not yet know which stateroom we will be in. In the past, we have always been able to find out at least two weeks before sailing.

Thanks,

Burtie

Staterooms can be assigned anytime from the moment you book until you board the ship. There is no schedule for assigning guarantee cabins. Keep checking your princess personalizer and it will show up there as soon as it is assigned. If not before you leave, you can write your stateroom number on the luggage tags before you turn them over as the porters will have a master list which will include your cabin number.

Chances are it will be in the next several days. If at all possible, they like to have assignments made before the last minute.

But, as others have posted, you may need to find out at the last minute.

Thanks for the info. I kinda thought it would be later as I have checked on several sites and see there appears to be alot of available staterooms left.

Might be fun to be gett the news when we get on the ship. Only problem is I'll wear out my computer in the next week checking on the status.

I'll post on here when we finally find out.

Burtie

Thanks for the info. I kinda thought it would be later as I have checked on several sites and see there appears to be alot of available staterooms left.

Might be fun to be gett the news when we get on the ship. Only problem is I'll wear out my computer in the next week checking on the status.

Burtie

Burtie,

Good luck with the possibility of a decent upgrade. I wanted to ask though...how do you tell what staterooms are left?

Jen

Burtie,

Good luck with the possibility of a decent upgrade. I wanted to ask though...how do you tell what staterooms are left?

Jen

Easiest way that I know of is to check one of the major travel sites and pretend to make a booking. Travelocity puts a blinking red diamond next to available cabins in a category when you get to the "Select your cabin" part of the booking. You have to do that a bunch of times to see what's available in each category, though.

Burtie

I had the same question. Booked on the Pacific Princess that's sailing in 12 days, and I still have no cabin assignment. Last night I pretended to make a new booking and the ship is sold out. I called Princess this morning and they said I'm definitely confirmed, but probably won't know my cabin assignment until I get to the pier. :eek:

Jen (bobhsv),

I do like Raven31 said, look on other sales sites and play like I am looking to book a cruise and find out what is availableat the time. Since our cruise is only a week away, everything that I can find (inside, oceanview, and balcony) are all available to purchase on a guaranty basis, so can't tell how many staterooms are actually available.

Burtie

As others have said, it is hard to say when the GTY assignment will be made. When we sailed on the Golden this past February, we booked in October2010 and received our GTY cabin assignment four days before we sailed. We had an "AD mini" GTY and ended up with an "AB" mini. I guess you could sorta call that an upgrade.....:):D:)

Bob

Easiest way that I know of is to check one of the major travel sites and pretend to make a booking. Travelocity puts a blinking red diamond next to available cabins in a category when you get to the "Select your cabin" part of the booking. You have to do that a bunch of times to see what's available in each category, though.

Thanks for the TIp :)

Thanks Burtie and Raven31,

Here in oz, we can't seem to access this info.....so I did have a look at some US sites, and got a fair idea for our cruise, and two others we are looking at booking. Interesting though, as a couple of the sites were for both US and Oz, and gave access on the US section but not on the Oz section. Weird!!

Jen

I had the same question. Booked on the Pacific Princess that's sailing in 12 days, and I still have no cabin assignment. Last night I pretended to make a new booking and the ship is sold out. I called Princess this morning and they said I'm definitely confirmed, but probably won't know my cabin assignment until I get to the pier. :eek:

Have you gotten your assignment yet? I also booked at the last minute for this cruise. Everything was waitlisted except for a K-inside GTY. But for $698/person for this itinerary I couldn't pass it up.

A few days ago I got my assignment -- an upgrade to an E-outside. Then, just a minute ago I got another email from Princess with another upgrade, now a BD-Balcony.

I went from underneath the Lounge on Deck 4 to above the Lounge on Deck 6. But the deal just keeps getting better.

Just received our stateroom assignments. We got a little upgrade, from an L to a JJ. Not much difference except for location--from the Plaza Deck under the stage to the Baja Deck with only other staterooms above us.

Everyone have a good trip and enjoy the sunshine we are going to have for 8 days. Suppose to be sunny and warm in Seattle Saturday, which will be great for sail away. Don't miss it if you have not sailed out of Seattle before!!

Enjoy,

Burtie

Thanks Burtie and Raven31,

Here in oz, we can't seem to access this info.....so I did have a look at some US sites, and got a fair idea for our cruise, and two others we are looking at booking. Interesting though, as a couple of the sites were for both US and Oz, and gave access on the US section but not on the Oz section. Weird!!

Jen

I've always been really curious as to why Australian reservations are processed so much differently from US reservations. It doesn't seem like any of the other Commonwealth countries are as strange as Australia - is that some weird glitch of Australian law?

Hi,

Any ideas when staterooms are assigned when you sign up for a guaranty? We sail on the Golden Princess on July 2nd (9 days) and do not yet know which stateroom we will be in. In the past, we have always been able to find out at least two weeks before sailing.

Thanks,

Burtie

My wife and I just got off the Golden on Saturday. We had booked a Last Minute Cabin two weeks before the cruise ... 'L' Category Inside Guaranteed. Four days before the cruise we received out cabin assignment, an 'II' Category on Lido deck - L241. I thought it was a pretty good upgrade. Lido Deck was very convenient, especially for viewing all the great scenery in Alaska.

Just keep checking your Cruise Personalizer, and hope for the best. Have a great cruise ... the Golden is a fabulous ship.

I've always been really curious as to why Australian reservations are processed so much differently from US reservations. It doesn't seem like any of the other Commonwealth countries are as strange as Australia - is that some weird glitch of Australian law?

Hi Raven31,

This subject has been quite controversial and has been discussed over and over and over again......with little answers. I personally think it does have something to do with our laws, but more with the fact that we are only just starting to see some competition with different cruise lines coming downunder. These extra choices are currently bringing our cruise prices down, just a tiny bit, but they seem still to be way above what you pay. My guess is that it comes down to a population thing. The good ole USA, has greater population, more ships, more ports etc etc, hence bringing in more price competition for you lucky ones over there.

I can't wait for the day when we can peruse any site and see what is actually available. Think yourselves as the lucky ones:D

Jen

Have you gotten your assignment yet? I also booked at the last minute for this cruise. Everything was waitlisted except for a K-inside GTY. But for $698/person for this itinerary I couldn't pass it up.

A few days ago I got my assignment -- an upgrade to an E-outside. Then, just a minute ago I got another email from Princess with another upgrade, now a BD-Balcony.

I went from underneath the Lounge on Deck 4 to above the Lounge on Deck 6. But the deal just keeps getting better.

Wow, I'm jealous! No, I still have no cabin assignment and I'm within the 7 day window now. I also booked a Cat K Gty.

Which ship are you going on?

The latest we found out our cabin assignment was four days before sailing, which was the day before we left home since we were spending a few days beforehand in Seattle. I know that booking a guarantee means that we might not find out until we get to the ship--but that's never happened to us.

It's such an interesting subject: the upgrade fairy and how she works.

I booked an M category really really cheap on Golden for next weekend, the 9th leaving Seattle. I don't have my cabin assignment, and asked the roll call from the sailing leaving this Saturday the 2nd if anyone still had not gotten an assignment. One person answered that she'd gotten hers just yesterday, so 3 days before her boarding day.

When I went to my cruise personalizer today there was a red notice saying that 5 days before sailing your personalizer might not reflect actual changes that have been made. If this means I still don't have my assignment 5 days from sailing, they will tell my travel agent and he will email me, I suppose. If not, we'll get the assignment from a porter at the pier!

And you know, I do not mind the plaza deck which is where the M cabins mostly are. I sailed on a plaza deck on Celebrity to Alaska 6 years ago and loved the convenience.

Flashdog

We booked through a TA for our guaranty. We found out about our room assignment on the cruise personalizer not the TA. Some people have indicated that they received e-mails from Princess for their upgrades. Maybe they booked directly with Princess.

I suggest you just keep checking on the personalizer and would guess that you will have it on or before next Tuesday.

Have a great trip!!

Burtie

Here's what happened to me yesterday. I WAS on the Pacific Princess sailing on 7/6 where I was in a Cat K Gty with no cabin assignment yet. Princess called me offering me 1/2 my cruise fare as a refundable OBC, an upgrade to a balcony, and up to $300 in air change fees if I would take the 9/4 cruise instead.

I opted to do this because I was stressing about a few things (I have a full summer in Italy, but nowhere to stay in between the cruise and my next place), and now I will have money to actually do something on this cruise. However, the cruise is very different, which I'm now regretting changing to... but such is life... things always work out.

Archived