Bringing a bottle of wine into Chops Grill

My family will be sailing on Enchantment of the Seas in August, and we plan on eating at Chops Grill one night. Our TA has promised to give us a complimentary bottle of wine as a token of her appreciation, just as she did last year. We wonder if we'll be permitted to carry it into Chops to enjoy there, instead of drinking it out of water glasses from the bathroom while sitting in our small inside quad cabin like we did last year!! We could never seem to get a straight answer if they would charge us to take it into the MDR, or if we'd have to leave the unfinished bottle there if we didn't drink it all. It didn't seem fair for us to have to pay to drink it, since our TA had already bought it directly from RCCL as a gift for us. Does anybody know the answer?

Ask your TA to have the bottle delivered to the main dining room. Then when you go to Chops, tell them you have a bottle of wine in the MDR. As long as your name and cabin number are on it, they will have no problem bringing it to you. If you carry it into Chops, you will be charged a corkage fee of $15.

Ask your TA to have the bottle delivered to the main dining room. Then when you go to Chops, tell them you have a bottle of wine in the MDR. As long as your name and cabin number are on it, they will have no problem bringing it to you. If you carry it into Chops, you will be charged a corkage fee of $15.

If she does do that, and we then ask to have it with our dinner in either Chops or the MDR, do we still have to pay the waiter to open it & pour it for us, or do we just serve ourselves? I just don't think it would be right to have to pay RCCL twice for something they had already sold. It would be different if the corkage fee was for wine you had brought from home or had bought while in port.

Your TA gets a good price when the wine is delivered to your cabin. If they buy you a bottle to be delivered to you DR table, it costs much more.

I would just get yourself some glasses, pour your wine and walk into chops with it. They won't blink an eye!

I agree that the price the TA pays for the wine is really low. That is why it is delivered to the cabin. If the TA wants it delivered to the MDR, I think the price is double and most TA's won't pay the extra expenses as it cuts into their profit.

I would ask the TA and see what he/she says and if she says she can't or something, get a couple of wine glasses at a bar and fill them and take it to Chops.

Also, whenever I've had a TA send wine, it's La Terre which is really, really cheap wine. I'd not want to walk into Chops with that, lol. JMO.

I would certainly carry my own wine into Chops...not a big deal at all. Your "fee" pays your tips and ambience....any drink you purchase will be charged to you. If you have wine (or a drink from a bar, etc..) you may bring it.

We brought the bottle to the restaurant with the gift card left in the cabin from the TA. As soon as they saw that they were assured it was from the ship stock and no problem and no corkage fee. No corkage fee anyway as you are not allowed to bring in outside wine like on Princess or other lines.

As soon as they saw that they were assured it was from the ship stock and no problem and no corkage fee.

Our experience on this was very different. A bottle of wine that was ordered before the cruise to be delivered to MDR was sent to the room by mistake. The card even said it was to be delivered to MDR. However, when we asked at Guest Services how we could get their error corrected, they absolutely would not help. They said that the error was made by someone who just comes on the ship before debarking (vagrants I suppose, not in any way affiliated with RC .. was their implication, I guess).

I spoke with our head waiter in MDR and with the Chops manager and both said they would transfer it, but would charge the corkage fee. This was the most outrageous customer service faux pas we had experienced on RC.

The workaround .. which was suggested to me by someone else at Guest Services who thought the runaround I was getting was ridiculous was to steal two wine glasses from a bar when they weren't open, and fill them to the brim with wine and take the glass of wine into Chops. That worked.

Our experience on this was very different. A bottle of wine that was ordered before the cruise to be delivered to MDR was sent to the room by mistake. The card even said it was to be delivered to MDR. However, when we asked at Guest Services how we could get their error corrected, they absolutely would not help. They said that the error was made by someone who just comes on the ship before debarking (vagrants I suppose, not in any way affiliated with RC .. was their implication, I guess).

I spoke with our head waiter in MDR and with the Chops manager and both said they would transfer it, but would charge the corkage fee. This was the most outrageous customer service faux pas we had experienced on RC.

The workaround .. which was suggested to me by someone else at Guest Services who thought the runaround I was getting was ridiculous was to steal two wine glasses from a bar when they weren't open, and fill them to the brim with wine and take the glass of wine into Chops. That worked.

For future reference, any bar tender will be more than happy to give you a few wine glasses.

And - we had the same silly issue with the MDR wine.

Cheers

M

Archived