Just off Diamond. Egg sandwich added to the room service option.

vmom

Don't know if this has been mentioned or discussed recently, so if so then I apologize for the duplication.

Just got off the Diamond and there is now an egg/ham/English muffin sandwich added as a room service option in the mornings in addition to the usual continental breakfast offerings (cereal, yogurt, pastries, bagel, fruit, etc).

This is new since our last cruise on the Crown in December. I don't know if its fleet wide, but it was available every morning on that check off menu that you fill out and hang from your door at night.

If this keeps up, I won't have to book full suites anymore. lol We really like the breakfast option of ordering hot foods delivered to the stateroom, and one of the reasons we switched from minis to full suites. Great addition, thanks for the news!

If this keeps up, I won't have to book full suites anymore. lol We really like the breakfast option of ordering hot foods delivered to the stateroom, and one of the reasons we switched from minis to full suites. Great addition, thanks for the news!

That is funny. My first thought was "wow - a warm breakfast item!".

That is funny. My first thought was "wow - a warm breakfast item!".

Coral, when they cut the room service delivery menu way down was when we decided to book full suites. This was long before all of the extras they began offering as perks to full suites. It was because, although we do enjoy the buffet, breakfast at the buffet is more like a trip to the zoo IMHO, especially on port days. We don't enjoy breakfast in the dining room, so to get anything substantial on port days, the buffet was the only option.

With them adding items to the room service menu, we just may end up back in mini suites before long. (and that definitely won't hurt (but extend) the cruising budget either lol).

Coral, when they cut the room service delivery menu way down was when we decided to book full suites. This was long before all of the extras they began offering as perks to full suites. It was because, although we do enjoy the buffet, breakfast at the buffet is more like a trip to the zoo IMHO, especially on port days. We don't enjoy breakfast in the dining room, so to get anything substantial on port days, the buffet was the only option.

With them adding items to the room service menu, we just may end up back in mini suites before long. (and that definitely won't hurt (but extend) the cruising budget either lol).

I absolutely hate the buffet (for anything) and can not understand why they can not expand the dining room menu to include french toast, egg sandwiches and or waffles daily. They literally have not changed the breakfast menu since I started cruising with Princess!

I absolutely hate the buffet (for anything) and can not understand why they can not expand the dining room menu to include french toast, egg sandwiches and or waffles daily. They literally have not changed the breakfast menu since I started cruising with Princess!

I actually had to go to my profile on Princess to look up the date. But I still remember back in 2003 (Star Princess LA to Sydney) where mini suites and above could order off the dining room menu on any ship. Now that might have included any cabin category, but I seem to remember when we ordered they had to check our cabin number to make sure we were in a mini suite before they would take the order.

We were so disappointed when shortly afterwards they came out with their 'smaller' room service menu, and at that time, it was etched in stone and there were no variations to it.

We do enjoy the buffet, but as said, not for breakfast, as it's too zoo like for us.

I actually had to go to my profile on Princess to look up the date. But I still remember back in 2003 (Star Princess LA to Sydney) where mini suites and above could order off the dining room menu on any ship. Now that might have included any cabin category, but I seem to remember when we ordered they had to check our cabin number to make sure we were in a mini suite before they would take the order.

We were so disappointed when shortly afterwards they came out with their 'smaller' room service menu, and at that time, it was etched in stone and there were no variations to it.

We do enjoy the buffet, but as said, not for breakfast, as it's too zoo like for us.

I don't remember when they changed their room service menu (I am guessing you are probably right in 2003) but their breakfast dining room menu hasn't been changed forever! :)

Is this the same egg/ham/cheese sandwich that they provide in the International Cafe's??

Not sure since the Diamond did not have an International Cafe, but I think it likely.

It looks a bit like an Egg McMuffin, but it tastes so much better. It was my favorite breakfast item.

I don't remember when they changed their room service menu (I am guessing you are probably right in 2003) but their breakfast dining room menu hasn't been changed forever! :)

Our first cruise was on the Golden Princess in a mini suite in 2002 and I know we didn't have the full menu option.

Our first cruise was on the Golden Princess in a mini suite in 2002 and I know we didn't have the full menu option.

That could have possibly been during one of those transition phases. I know we had it on the Star in 2003, and it may have hit the golden and a few other ships first, and then slowly creeped to the other ships in the fleet. But I must add, if we wanted to order off the dining room menu in 2003, we had to call to request a menu be delivered to the stateroom, it wasn't provided unless you requested it. ;)

FYI

We ordered the 'egg McMuffin' and it was pretty much cold on arrival. Ok, if you're not too fussy but I always worry about eggs being at the proper temperature.

FYI

We ordered the 'egg McMuffin' and it was pretty much cold on arrival. Ok, if you're not too fussy but I always worry about eggs being at the proper temperature.

We ordered them on the Coral and ours were also cold (and rather soft/soggy).

I read this in another thread, but they thought maybe it was a trial then. I'm glad to see it added for all ships..or so it appears. I'm usually happy with my cereal and fruit, but I'll probably try that sandwich now that they offer it. I eat in the buffet a lot, but I never like getting up and going there in the morning.

Archived