It's been a while...does Princess still?

curiouscat

Wasn't to thrilled with the food on my Princess cruise last week, but the lobster on the second formal night was the best of any of the last three cruises I have been on. My ds ate it for the first time and got seconds. It was my second favorite meal of the whole week. The best meal being The Chef's table.

I certainly don't sail for the food anymore...I have been sailing Celebrity of late as I feel they have decent food for a mass market line. We eat in their new restaurant Blu. but they don't have good itineraries in Oct... if at all in the Caribbean.

I am a foodie so I"m going to try and sign up for the Chef's table...I already advised hubby that I'm not eating in the main dining room:eek: for 10 Nites !!!!

Do you have to wait until you board to sign up for Chef's table?

CC

I certainly don't sail for the food anymore...I have been sailing Celebrity of late as I feel they have decent food for a mass market line. We eat in their new restaurant Blu. but they don't have good itineraries in Oct... if at all in the Caribbean.

I am a foodie so I"m going to try and sign up for the Chef's table...I already advised hubby that I'm not eating in the main dining room:eek: for 10 Nites !!!!

Do you have to wait until you board to sign up for Chef's table?

CC

The Chef's table is only bookable on board. It is a terrific meal with very good wine pairings and I have always enjoyed it. As soon as you get on board you should phone DINE and get your name on the list.

The Chef's table is only bookable on board. It is a terrific meal with very good wine pairings and I have always enjoyed it. As soon as you get on board you should phone DINE and get your name on the list.

thanks.. I see in your future cruises you are going on X... you'll like it.... did you book Aqua class?

CC

And just an fyi... I like Princess and X....:p

"not so nice" as in "gone bad"?

Or just not tasty enough?

Being from MA I will never eat the lobster tails on any ship. They are not very tasty.

The first time I had the seafood buffet the lobster claws were pretty good but since then the buffet itself has been so so. But they do have the crab legs and they are yummy!

PS. I had a 4lb lobster for my birthday dinner on Monday. So good!

Being from MA I will never eat the lobster tails on any ship. They are not very tasty.

The first time I had the seafood buffet the lobster claws were pretty good but since then the buffet itself has been so so. But they do have the crab legs and they are yummy!

Happy Birthday, SoxFan. Beat Philly!

We've only been on one Pricess cruise and we were all seasick (including many crew members) on that cruise. Don't remember a thing except the ship rocking from side to side. Can someone tell me more about the seafood buffet? Is it at dinner time in the buffet? Will be on the Diamond Pricess in August.

We've only been on one Pricess cruise and we were all seasick (including many crew members) on that cruise. Don't remember a thing except the ship rocking from side to side. Can someone tell me more about the seafood buffet? Is it at dinner time in the buffet? Will be on the Diamond Pricess in August.

The seafood buffet is on the Super Grand Class ships (could be others too) where from say 6-8 they have piles of cold lobster claws, cold crab legs and cold cooked shrimp.

We stumbled across it on our first CB cruise and love it. Looked for it on later sailing but they only sometimes have it. I have seen it advertised in the patter and NOT advertised in the patter.

That is why it is such a hot button item on CC. Princess isn't consistent with it, either per ship, or sailing, or quality. That drives us cruise critics folks CRAZY. :eek: We like constant info that we can pass on to other people. :D

It's usually the sailaway buffet on Caribbean routes on the big ships. In my experience, it is usually listed in the Patter, but many don't notice it because they've just boarded and are busy with everything happening on their first evening on board. I don't know if they have it on other non-Caribbean routes.

That's just plain cruel telling me that!;)

Archived