Complimentary laundry and pressing service

geocruiser

It's new with the new Mariner perques that started in October '09. And the laundry/pressing service is the best part, imo!

I wouldn't send out my evening clothes, but in hot climates I send daywear almost daily! In cooler climates I send it out every 2-3 days. It is wonderful!

Thanks Ruth. I got a E-mail from HAL to day and it gave the perks. I guess I never looked at the four star perks. I have three stars and that is what I all ways would be looking at.

I would love to get the free laundry but I an one star short!

It's new with the new Mariner perques that started in October '09. And the laundry/pressing service is the best part, imo!

I wouldn't send out my evening clothes, but in hot climates I send daywear almost daily! In cooler climates I send it out every 2-3 days. It is wonderful!

Ruth, since I have a deluxe suite this next cruise, and we will take full advantage of the dry cleaning and laundry service; I do have a burning question...which water temperature is used for the laundry. My travelling companions and I wear a lot of cotton ( it's an age thing ) and I am concerned that my size 16 may return a size 12.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Ruth, since I have a deluxe suite this next cruise, and we will take full advantage of the dry cleaning and laundry service; I do have a burning question...which water temperature is used for the laundry. My travelling companions and I wear a lot of cotton ( it's an age thing ) and I am concerned that my size 16 may return a size 12.

Thanks,

Marilyn

I've heard that they use a hot wash and dryer. I tend to believe it because my shorts always come back looking a lot more faded. I don't send pants or anything that won't stand up to the heat. I usually only send cotton shirts and some of my plain tanks. Those things seem to be ok.

Thanks Ruth. I got a E-mail from HAL to day and it gave the perks. I guess I never looked at the four star perks. I have three stars and that is what I all ways would be looking at.

I would love to get the free laundry but I am one star short!

Well, you know the solution to that problem... :D

I remember a CC member posting a few months back about his visit to the laundry room while taking the ships offered tour on his cruise. The person stated that the crew in the laundry room read the clothing labels and sorted and washed the clothes per label instruction. Can anyone else verify this?

We have utilized the ships laundry and dry cleaning service on all of our cruises and have never experienced any damaged apparel though I'm sure some will report differently. Works for us.

Thanks,

Marilyn

I don't know what temps are used in the laundry, nor how strong the detergent is. That's why I won't send my evening clothes.

The daywear comes back fine, though. I send poly/cotton blend dresses, and am pleased with the results. Underwear also goes, and there's no concerns with the results. Same size :eek: when it comes back as when it went out.

I've always written "Cold Water Wash" in big letters on my laundry slip and never had any problems with shrinkage. I did have some colors bleed onto whites this last cruise, so I may ask for separate laundry bags for colored and white items in the future.

We have used the laundry facilities extensively on our cruises, including dry cleaning our formal wear. There have been no problems with shrinkage or any type of damage to the clothing. On our last cruise, I did hear another passenger mention that his tuxedo dress shirt came back with a split seam. When this was pointed out, the shirt was taken back to the laundry and returned very professionally mended.

DH and I have had no problems, tho I usually don't send anything I wouldn't put in the washer myself. The "gentle cycle items I have sent" have come back in perfect condition.

I don't know how they do it and DH wonders why laundry at home isn't done as well and hung or folded like HAL's.

There is always someone with a problem with something. Well here I am. The problem was resolved. They did not clean my clothes. I took the clothes just as they came back, to the desk. It took a few days before they removed the charge. THIS HAD NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE OR SINCE.

I am also one star away. Sailing Aug2,2011. 2012 I will be four star. Then I will simply send the clothes back.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Marilyn, I've never had anything shrink, however as you are in a suite, you are entitled to free drycleaning. So, if you have something that you want handled tenderly, put it for drycleaning instead of laundry:D I do that with anything that requires a 'delicate' cycle. Everything else goes in the laundry and comes back clean, crisp and pressed. :)

Marilyn, I've never had anything shrink, however as you are in a suite, you are entitled to free drycleaning. So, if you have something that you want handled tenderly, put it for drycleaning instead of laundry:D I do that with anything that requires a 'delicate' cycle. Everything else goes in the laundry and comes back clean, crisp and pressed. :)

Many thanks for the info...now I can pack without being concerned with the laundry/dry cleaning element,

Marilyn

Many thanks for the info...now I can pack without being concerned with the laundry/dry cleaning element,

Marilyn

You are more than welcome Marilyn. we love it. one caveat - now and then, something can go missing, doesn't happen often, but it can. Take pictures of your items like KK or record on your copy of the laundry order your description (ie shirt - blue). They will quickly find it with that and deliver it to you (if it happens, just see your concierge in the Neptune Lounge;)). have a great cruise:)

DH left a jump drive in one of the pockets of a pair of pants that we sent off to be washed...we figured it was toast, and if it came back we would just have to dry it out to see if it still worked...well turns out apparently they check the pockets of everything before they wash them because it was sent back up to our room with a note saying that it was in his pants and they found it before they were washed!

Archived