Website trouble?

Tried to look at my reservation over the weekend and www.rccl.com (which I have always used) did not work at all. www.royalcaribbean.com worked.

Today, I just happened to decide to look to see if there "might" be a chance to upgrade due to a lower price on my upcoming cruise. (Wishful thinking, I know) I selected the month, location and ship that I am sailing on but was directed to a different ship sailing on a different day. Go figure? I can understand if the ship is sold out but why not just say so? I am rather certain that we are still cruising for our previously booked accomodation but it never hurts to check for a possible bargain.

I just went to check prices on one of my cruises on the RCCL US website and got this message -

emergency_home_main3.gif

It will be unavailable from 12 a.m. EST, 15-May-2011 to 6 a.m. EST, 15-May-2011.

Please try again after this time.

Ummm...isn't this July :confused:

I still can't get on using Safari.

I switched to Google Chrome and it worked! I did a search for a specific cruise and then it went downhill again. I can't even remember what error message I got ... so frustrating. Are others still having the same problems?

I can't get on using Google Chrome, but I tried IE and it works. Pain, since I use Chrome for everything else.
Thanks for the reply. I use a Mac. I suspect there is a software glitch due to some sort of update. This happened several months ago and eventually got straightened out.

I keep getting a report the site will be closed on the 15th, and we aren't even there yet?:eek: By my calendar we still have a week to go. Still down as of today. 3 days is a long time to be down.

It said MAY 15th, not July, but it's fine now.

Neither http://www.royalcaribbean.com nor http://www.rccl.com will open for me in Firefox. Just goes to a blank page.

Seems to work in IE, but I hate IE and never use it. Firefox is the number two most popular browser. How hard is it for a cruise line to have a functional website?!?!

Ditto.

This is asinine.

Its working for me but it's glitchy. It takes longer than normal to load. And I logged in and all the options to book shore excursions, dining etc were gone so I logged out and back in and they appeared. :confused:

Neither www.royalcaribbean.com nor www.rccl.com will open for me in Firefox. Just goes to a blank page.

Seems to work in IE, but I hate IE and never use it. Firefox is the number two most popular browser. How hard is it for a cruise line to have a functional website?!?!

We only use Firefox or Chrome..............ditto for all of the above.......:eek:

I tried yesterday and today and still cannot get on to RCCL's website. Last week when I wanted to check the prices of our upcoming New England cruise in Oct. I put all the info in and cruises to Brazil and Bahamas came up.

Today my DH gets an e-mail from RCCL giving him his current discount coupons. He is listed as Platnium with 38 points. We are Diamond Plus and have 175 points. What are they doing?? That is why I wanted to get on today and check our status. But can't get on.

They need to fix this

Irene

I get the "website unavailable message" every now and then when using Mozilla Firefox. And when I try the same thing on Internet Explorer, it seems to work just fine. I am more under the impression they have trouble making their website work for different browsers....

Cindy

I tried yesterday and today and still cannot get on to RCCL's website. Last week when I wanted to check the prices of our upcoming New England cruise in Oct. I put all the info in and cruises to Brazil and Bahamas came up.

Today my DH gets an e-mail from RCCL giving him his current discount coupons. He is listed as Platnium with 38 points. We are Diamond Plus and have 175 points. What are they doing?? That is why I wanted to get on today and check our status. But can't get on.

They need to fix this

Irene

Have you tried using a different browser? I had the exact same problem last week, wouldn't work all weekend on Mozilla. I tried IE and it worked like a charm

Cindy

Been trying to get on the website to book my excursions since yesterday and it's been down off and on...I was just on browsing them and the website went down again...booooo :confused:

I get the "website unavailable message" every now and then when using Mozilla Firefox. And when I try the same thing on Internet Explorer, it seems to work just fine. I am more under the impression they have trouble making their website work for different browsers....

Cindy

I agree as that's the only explanation. When I switched to a Mac last December, I couldn't get on the website at all. And, was warned that this problem with various websites was the negative of using a Mac. After a few weeks, Safari worked. Then more problems developed with the RCI site so I switched to Google Chrome and, again, it worked. To avoid frustration, I haven't even tried today. Yesterday, the website loaded using Google Chrome. I'd make it all the way through the booking process on the Mariner until I clicked "select stateroom" (or whatever it is) and then it reverts right back to the original page. Pricing seems to be part where it gets stuck and does not cooperate. Guess I'll take a deep breath and see what happens today.

Archived