In room Alcohol

Hi,

I know there are wine packages but is there a list of hard liquor we can order for the room? we like to make drinks with Coke and Sothern Comfort or Rum and wanted to know if we could buy a bottle for the room?

Thanks.

Hi,

I know there are wine packages but is there a list of hard liquor we can order for the room? we like to make drinks with Coke and Sothern Comfort or Rum and wanted to know if we could buy a bottle for the room?

Thanks.

No...RC doesn't allow you to bring your own, nor to buy for onboard consumption, other than mixed drinks, etc at the bars onboard.

Go to the search feature and do a search for "alcohol"...you'll get plenty of hits. :)

When I went on the Epic I ordered a bottle of Absolute for the room and it ended up being such a waste. I would make myself a drink while I was getting ready to go out to dinner and then maybe make myself one to take with me but thats all I ended up using it for. Ended up with over 1/2 the bottle left at the end of the 7 days. It was always just too inconvinient for me to go back to the room for a refresher so I just ordered from the bars or wherever we were on the boat. If given the opportunity I wouldnt order a bottle for the room again, but I understand that some people maybe those with a balcony or a suite might spend more time in their cabin and I think it should at least be an option.

Since you are in a suite, you will have access to the free cocktail "hour" in the Concierge Lounge. You can get rum and coke there. The hours for free drinks are usually 5 PM to 8:30 PM. I know this is not as handy as making your own. But it is free! Also, tho' you are not supposed to take drinks out of the Lounge, some concierges will allow you to do so if you will pour your drink in a paper coffee cup. Just ask. But I would wait until the second night. Get to know the concierge on the first night.

Yes we are in a suite and do spend some time in the room and would'nt find it to difficult to polish off a liter in a week.

Are you upset because of a lack of convenience of having a bottle of alcohol in your room or because overall of overall costs of being able to make your own drinks vs. buying them individually?

Not upset, just disappointed in something we have done in the past and enjoyed but RCL does not have any option. I really don't care if it was the same price as buying the drinks on board as I was expecting to buy the bottle on board, it is just the convenience...

Kind of a bummer they don't even have real mini-bars in the rooms. Not even in suites, AFIK. I dunno if I could go through a liter on my own in my cabin unless I had guests over. Of course, when I drink hard liquor, the stuff I like to make is usually more involved than spirit plus some sort of soda or fruit juice.

I'm pretty sure that you can buy a bottle of alcohol from their "Gifts" department

to be delivered to the room.

I think though that they are the small bottles for the price of a litre. Very expensive.

Check it out.

Since you are in a suite, you will have access to the free cocktail "hour" in the Concierge Lounge. You can get rum and coke there. The hours for free drinks are usually 5 PM to 8:30 PM. I know this is not as handy as making your own. But it is free! Also, tho' you are not supposed to take drinks out of the Lounge, some concierges will allow you to do so if you will pour your drink in a paper coffee cup. Just ask. But I would wait until the second night. Get to know the concierge on the first night.

I have never seen Southern Comfort in the CL.

Our last cruise was with Princess......where we are Elite, and could enjoy our favorite "adult" drink.......without having to smuggle it onboard was wonderful, but still prefer to cruise on Royal Caribbean.

Royal Caribbean, has gone overboard......as far as their liquor policy goes. However, we still enjoy them, as we still feel that, for us, it's home.

And being in a suite.......to have access to the concierge lounge......on the ships that have that feature, is very nice!

Alas........the question of ordering bottles of liquor for your cabin.......today, it just cannot be done! I, for one, wish it could.;)

Rick

Our last cruise was with Princess......where we are Elite, and could enjoy our favorite "adult" drink.......without having to smuggle it onboard was wonderful, but still prefer to cruise on Royal Caribbean.

Royal Caribbean, has gone overboard......as far as their liquor policy goes. However, we still enjoy them, as we still feel that, for us, it's home.

And being in a suite.......to have access to the concierge lounge......on the ships that have that feature, is very nice!

Alas........the question of ordering bottles of liquor for your cabin.......today, it just cannot be done! I, for one, wish it could.;)

Rick

Rick, when I read posters talking about being able to do this on other cruise lines, I understand why Royal Caribbean doesn't. (not agreeing or disagreeing, just understanding :))

Today or yesterday someone expressed "dismay" that he couldn't order a bottle as he had on his last cruise...........for approximately $40 more than what he would pay for that bottle at home. (his words, not mine).

I don't think that many RC cruisers would do that. Thus, there would still be massive smuggling.

4 years ago, I did a poll on this topic. The results bear me out.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=538889

Rick, when I read posters talking about being able to do this on other cruise lines, I understand why Royal Caribbean doesn't. (not agreeing or disagreeing, just understanding :))

Today or yesterday someone expressed "dismay" that he couldn't order a bottle as he had on his last cruise...........for approximately $40 more than what he would pay for that bottle at home. (his words, not mine).

I don't think that many RC cruisers would do that. Thus, there would still be massive smuggling.

4 years ago, I did a poll on this topic. The results bear me out.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=538889

How so? your poll indicates that about 70% of the respondents would be willing to pay SOME amount of premium to have a bottle in their stateroom?

How so? your poll indicates that about 70% of the respondents would be willing to pay SOME amount of premium to have a bottle in their stateroom?

But nowhere near that amount. Royal Caribbean isn't going to "give away the store."

The poll shows that people are not willing to pay anywhere NEAR $40 above the cost of the booze for this privilege.

But nowhere near that amount. Royal Caribbean isn't going to "give away the store."

The poll shows that people are not willing to pay anywhere NEAR $40 above the cost of the booze for this privilege.

But that isn't the question your poll asked. It asked "would you pay" and gave a wide range of prices to pick from, plus the 'I would not pay anything option". 70% percent indicate a willingness to pay SOME premium, if if it was as low as $15.

Anyway... Not that it matters too much. I probably wouldn't need/want a bottle of hard liquor for reasons mentioned earlier. But a bottle of wine of champagne? Some beers in a mini bar? That would be nice. I guess I don't get why they would eliminate a potential revenue stream. It wouldn't be the ONLY way to drink. Just another way to buy something to drink. Just like the extra pay specialty restaurants are other ways to pay extra money to eat.

Archived