Park Cafe vs. Cafe Promenade?

CSBM

Cafe Promenade is located inside along the royal promenade. They have things like cookies, pastries, small sandwiches, coffee. They are open 24 hours.

Park Cafe is located outside in Central Park. They are open for breakfast and lunch (not sure what time they close) and they serve things like the famous roast beef sandwich, made to order salads (they are delicious), paninis, etc. for lunch and for breakfast they have a bagel station as well as breakfast sandwiches. They also always have fresh fruit cups you can get to go. They have tables both inside and outside. We love to go there for breakfast - it's so peaceful there :D

We love the Park Cafe, more than we do the Cafe Promenade..

**hint, hint**

If you want to grab some lunch when you get onboard, go to the Park Cafe, most likely it will be open. The Windjammer is packed! And because of it's location, the not many people find out about the Park Cafe, so its not as packed as Windjammer with food just as good. Just not as many choices.

Park Cafe?!>>>>>AMAZING!! Roast beef sandwich every day for us

Ah, you beat me to it! Yes, the roast beef sandwich is the best. I also like the chips which are available in the Park Cafe.

Having said that, I hope the OP checks out Cafe Promenade every day. They have some wonderful mini sanwiches and desserts.

We hope to be sailing Oasis or Allure next summer. I have already begun my research:p What is the difference in these two eating venues?

Thanks!

CSBM

Definately, Park Cafe. The Roast Beef sandwich lives up to all of the raves and then some. Also, the make your own salad line is really nice. The two make a great lunch together.

Cafe promenade was good for a late night snack--good bakery items. Didn't try anything else there.

We hope to be sailing Oasis or Allure next summer. I have already begun my research:p What is the difference in these two eating venues?

Thanks!

CSBM

IMHO, Cafe Promenade is more suitable for a snack or a very, very light breakfast or lunch. Breakfast is pretty much limited to pastries/muffins, lunch is pretty much limited to little sandwiches/desserts. As others have mentioned, Park Cafe has what I would consider heartier options for both breakfast and lunch. And several things that are made-to-order. It quickly became a favorite of ours on both Oasis and Allure.

Arby's :eek:

I am assuming Park Cafe uses REAL roast beef deli meat ... Arby's says it is roast beef - but it has been so processed that it is unrecognizable ;) (and tastes it too)

It's real roast beef that is carved as you order your sandwich. Very good. Especially with horseradish. :)

Luv, luv, LUV Park Cafe for healthy eating options (even though I'm not a fan of Oasis). Be prepared to wait for a table during busy times, but the salad and sandwich options are outstanding! Did I say that I LUUUUV the Park Cafe? :)

Cafe Promenade is located inside along the royal promenade. They have things like cookies, pastries, small sandwiches, coffee. They are open 24 hours.

Park Cafe is located outside in Central Park. They are open for breakfast and lunch (not sure what time they close) and they serve things like the famous roast beef sandwich, made to order salads (they are delicious), paninis, etc. for lunch and for breakfast they have a bagel station as well as breakfast sandwiches. They also always have fresh fruit cups you can get to go. They have tables both inside and outside. We love to go there for breakfast - it's so peaceful there :D

I'm assuming these cafes charge for their food?:confused:

The Park Cafe is great for breakfast if you love bagels. They had cuban sandwiches and 2 kinds of quesadillas. As everyone points out, the roast beef sandwiches are not be missed. It is less frenetic than the promenade. The prominade cafe has mundane food. The one good thing I had there was the fresh mozarella sandwiches caprese style. The mozarella was wonderful but the tomatoes like the rest of the ship were nonripened hothouse tomatoes.

Archived