Downloadable, printable deck plans?

wldflr

Just wondering...now that HAL is no longer printing the lovely brochures with the deck plans, it there a way to download a pdf of the ship's deck plans?

It helps me determine which cabin I would like to book and to know if it is above/below a noisy public area/kitchen/etc.

I know I can click thru online the deck plans but it's rather hard to judge where cabins are in the grand scheme of things.

(If this isn't available, HAL I hope you're reading this and might consider offering it!)

here is an example...

http://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/fleet/next/ed.pdf

Each deck is available either together or separately (by ship) by going to the HAL site selecting "Onboard our Ships" / Deck Plans /whichever ship. Near the bottom of the page in the middle (right above the symbols legend) are links that say

* Printable version of Deck 1 - Main (PDF)

* Printable version of all decks (PDF)

* Email the deck plan for the ms Eurodam

*Accessible Route Maps (PDF)

Click on your selection.

Looks like this...

Deckplan.jpg

Just wondering...now that HAL is no longer printing the lovely brochures with the deck plans, it there a way to download a pdf of the ship's deck plans?

It helps me determine which cabin I would like to book and to know if it is above/below a noisy public area/kitchen/etc.

I know I can click thru online the deck plans but it's rather hard to judge where cabins are in the grand scheme of things .

This may be what you are looking for:

Drag It Decks - CruiseDeckplans.com

It lets you drag and position the decks directly over one another so you can line them up to see exactly what is above and below any cabin that you are considering.

I have taken the ship deck plans from old books and put them in plastic sleaves in a 3 ring notebook for quick referance

I'm also hanging onto old brochures in order to keep the deck plans.

They may become "collectibles." :D

Oh, you don't recycle in Texas? :confused:

Not really. They make a half-hearted attempt here but it's more for show than anything else. They do like metals but not paper or glass. Anyhow, I was protesting HAL so I burnt them. :rolleyes::D

Could someone tell me how to check what is under the main floor.. I have a cabin 1069 on Niew Amsterdam.. I heard it was a great room, just wondering if its above the kitchen, etc… Thanks

The galley on the Nieuw Amsterdam (on all the Vista/Signature ships), will be aft of the mid-ship elevator bank, and up a deck or two.

So all in all this is a good choice?

It would be one of my first three choices of cabin on that ship. The others are the next two heading forward on the same side.

I have been right along there on the Noordam, Westerdam, E-dam, and am scheduled to be in the next cabin on the Zuiderdam. Yes, I think it's a good choice. These cabins are huge. They are under the Queens Lounge, where evening activity ends by 11:00-ish. They are far enough away from the mid-ship public area that there's no noise from there.

I am not a frequent cruiser or visitor to my TA. Are you experts saying that HAL no longer offers printed brochures? So I can not go to my TA and get a HAL Caribbean or Europe or Hawaii, etc book with pictures, cruises, prices, etc listed?

I am not a frequent cruiser or visitor to my TA. Are you experts saying that HAL no longer offers printed brochures? So I can not go to my TA and get a HAL Caribbean or Europe or Hawaii, etc book with pictures, cruises, prices, etc listed?
Not one of the "experts" and don't know anything about your TA, but all the cruise ships that I have been on have always carried the printed brochures for the various destinations that have the deck plans in them.

Why not just order the brochures you want directly from HAL?

Request Brochure

Yes, of course HAL still offers printed brochures! :) And yes, you can go to your TA to get any HAL brochure; Caribbean, Europe & Hawaii, included, along with pics, cruise itineraries, prices, etc. (listed)!

There is a great HAL ap for the iPad, iphone, and android phone. You load your cruise and the you can see a nice large deck plan. You can also add your excursions and create a nice itinerary. The ap is called "Ship Mate" and is available for a number of different cruise lines.

Archived