Keep my aft on Millenium or upgrade to Sky Suite?

chita

:confused:Just booked for Millie trip in Asia early 2013. Managed to get an aft C1(8172) but still wondering if an upgrade to Sky Suite 6146 is worth the extra 1000 bucks.Love the idea of aft (never had one before) but really like extra space inside and out.Would appreciate your thoughts to put an end to my cabin wanderlust!!

Personally, I'd keep the aft. We really enjoy having the large veranda and the aft view. I think I would in any event but I'd have to think twice about it if for some odd reason the SS was the same price. At a $1,000 upgrade it would be a no brainer to keep the aft for us - I'd much rather either save the money or spend it on other cruise pleasures (nice wine, spa, specialty restuarant, excursions, etc).

But you have to consider what is more important to you and what your own preferences are. Also, I'm saying that without ever staying in a SS on the M class - we only did once on the Galaxy.

We loved SS6145 on Summit. It is larger and has a huge bathroom, being next door to the penthouse. I have photos in my signature link. That said, I would not pay an additional 1000 dollars for it. We got a great deal on a mid December cruise and paid under 1000 bucks each! Stick with the aft which everyone says is amazing, but keep an eye out for price reductions.

:confused:Just booked for Millie trip in Asia early 2013. Managed to get an aft C1(8172) but still wondering if an upgrade to Sky Suite 6146 is worth the extra 1000 bucks.Love the idea of aft (never had one before) but really like extra space inside and out.Would appreciate your thoughts to put an end to my cabin wanderlust!!

Hey Chita! Which 2013 trip are you booked for? DH and I are also doing Asia, Jan 6 2013 in a suite. One consideration is that the trip is 14 days, that is along time to spend in a smaller room, one thing we love about the suite is the extra space!

The aft on M-class are amazing, so it is a tough choice, but the bigger room/bathroom is what made our decision for us!

We gave up aft 7208 on Constellation for SS 6146 next to the penthouse suite. We got a senior rate that was $20 more per person for the sky suite than what we paid for the aft. We always book aft cabins on M class ships. But for the price and space in the room, we thought we'd try the sky suite. I hope we made the right choice!!

Sky suites are nice, but the aft cabins are the bees' knees for less money. Once you've had an aft cabin, you will be ruined for life!

ETA: If you mind the motion of the ocean, all bets are off. You will definitely feel it more in an aft cabin.

Never had a sky suite but having had a M-class aft I would definitely keep the aft cabin. It was a very special cabin for us and we spent a lot of time on the balcony. In fact, we had breakfast every morning of our 14-day cruise except for one there and lots of pre and post-dinner glasses of wine.

Sky suites are nice, but the aft cabins are the bees' knees for less money. Once you've had an aft cabin, you will be ruined for life!

ETA: If you mind the motion of the ocean, all bets are off. You will definitely feel it more in an aft cabin.

Agree to a point. I am easily seasick but like the afts so well I would keep one anyway unless the itinerary had alot of sea days. I just take extra care with keeping ahead of any seasickness as I do agree that there is more motion aft.

Thank you so much everyone.The overwhelming message we get is stick with the wonderful aft on Millie.We will, and I'm sure we won't regret it.So great to get all this feedback.Puts our minds completely at rest.

Hey Chita! Which 2013 trip are you booked for? DH and I are also doing Asia, Jan 6 2013 in a suite. One consideration is that the trip is 14 days, that is along time to spend in a smaller room, one thing we love about the suite is the extra space!

The aft on M-class are amazing, so it is a tough choice, but the bigger room/bathroom is what made our decision for us!

Hi yayvacation!,

I am also reserved in a suite on the January 6, 2013 cruise. I made the selection for the exact same reasons you did. I have also started a thread for this cruise and named it January 6, 2013 - Gems of Southeast Asia.

Ken

We gave up aft 7208 on Constellation for SS 6146 next to the penthouse suite. We got a senior rate that was $20 more per person for the sky suite than what we paid for the aft. We always book aft cabins on M class ships. But for the price and space in the room, we thought we'd try the sky suite. I hope we made the right choice!!

Yes, you made the right choice! If it costs only an extra $20/person, then it is a no brainer.

We upgraded to 6146 for $150/person and it was well worth it. Maybe it is not worth $1,000, but it is certainly worth $40. 6146 is not like the other SS. It is a very special cabin, a great find. It also has a huge balcony, but it has so much more.

Archived