"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Aug 11, 2011

Radio

S11.JPG

I think today may be another sunny day

S12.JPG

Great pictures, Radio!

The above is what I missed on our Voyager cruise. Of course we had an inside cabin so that didn't help much but we also had an inside cabin on the Rhapsody and the above is what we saw steps from our cabin.

What do those portholes look down on? As always, loving your "LIVE" report. Well done, so far, and you haven't even reached your first port. New England is a beautiful part of the country. Enjoy! I know I will, through your wonderful pictures.

Tried to copy the picture with the portholes as a reference but CC wasn't cooperating.. or it's me.

The holes on the pool deck (behind the bar) look down through metal grates to water directly below. It's in the section that was stretched and is bumped out over the decks below.

Your pictures are very nice and your live cruise broadcasts are something I've never seen before.

I hope the 2 for 1 drink of the day is offered on the Aug 25 cruise on Enchantment.

When you get back home you might try....

How to Remove the Horizon's Curvature With Photoshop

http://www.ehow.com/how_7302378_remove-horizon_s-curvature-photoshop.html

Interesting to know that you can remove it...but I love how it looks as is!

Hi Radio!

My husband, parents, and I will be on the EOS on the 8 Sept sailing. We are really looking forward to it and I'm loving following your day-to-day postings and photos! Thank you!

Have two questions for you?

1. I noted that you are using wi-fi hotspots within the ship. Are they free hotspots or are you on some ship plan that will allow you so many minutes? I was planning to bring my ipad (and Android), and was curious about the ability to answer my emails.

2. I am an avid wildlife seeker and would like to ask that between your journey from Portland to Bar Harbor and beyond if you would watch for the wildlife? Specifically looking to know if there are whales along the journey.

We just returned from a trip to Yellowstone and have tons of wonderful photos that I took with my Sony DSC-H10 :) (I have since changed to the Sony HX100 v/b. There are a bit more 'automated' features but as you well know, you can't beat the pictures and quality it offers. The HX100 has 30x zoom...which will allow me to get a little bit closer without actually disturbing the wildlife by physically getting closer. :D

Lynn

You are right down the road from us. We border Robbinsville/Hightstown.

Now off to join you on FB. :)

Radio,

When we sailed her last year we had Capt Rob and Carly and they were the best. I was hoping they were still going to be on this year but it doesn't look good. Out of all my cruises that was the best I ever had with a Captain and CD being so approachable.

Local folks. My wife and I grew up in Mercer County. In-laws are in West Windsor.

Very excited to be cruising with Radio again; I hope Mrs. Radio isn't jealous with all of these ladies cruising with you. Love all of your live threads. Will be tuning in several times a day. Thanks Radio.

Hey neighbor!! We always seem to cross paths on the live threads. :D

I just got off the Enchantment on Thursday and had such a great time that I didn't want to leave so I'm glad you are posting live to let me feel as if I never left! I too thought the cruise director John and his wife were great. John is really hilarious during the Adult Quest show and the Love and Marriage game show. I highly recommend that you see both of them! I wrote a long review here http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=87167. Would love to go on her again but not sure how the crowd would be on a nine night cruise even in the summer to either NE or Caribbean since I'm in mid twenties. We found the fellow passengers to be great mix on the five night to Bermuda. Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thanks for the update Mariem. . . I should be heading down to Cruise Maryland around 11AM.

Did you get that image from Marine Traffic dot com ?

I use that site alot with my iPad. . .

Radio

;);)

I did actually. It is a great site to watch the paths and cruising speeds of cruise ships. It is also at the bottom of the port canaveral, port everglades, and new york webcams. If you liked that site try cruisett dot com. It shows the cruise ships time tables and is very interesting.

I was wondering if you were ever going to sail on Epic or the Carnival Dream. I would really love a "LIVE" review from one of those cruise ships. Anyway have a blast on the cruise and don't forget to post!!

>SNIP<

I was wondering if you were ever going to sail on Epic or the Carnival Dream. I would really love a "LIVE" review from one of those cruise ships. Anyway have a blast on the cruise and don't forget to post!!

Tge Epic is "penciled" in on my Calendar from 2012. . . There is no current booking, but I would like to try EPIC !

Radio

;);)

What is a “Savvy Traveler” Travel Organizer?

What is the $30 NE lunch?

Are you going to get any lobster rolls onshore?

I will try to get a photo of the Travel Organizer. . .

The $30 Lunch is in Chops on the last day. . .They will offer Live Lobster steaming for the guests who sign up, and help prepare the Canada/NE Lobster Lunch.

My fingers may have typed (fumbled too fast):o

Radio

;);)

Local folks. My wife and I grew up in Mercer County. In-laws are in West Windsor.

I was born in Trenton, went to school in Bordentown small world.

Stacy, Meg, maybe we can all get together for lunch one day. :D

Radio, loving the pictures today of Portland. DS did a one year internship there for theatre and we visited quite often. The Mainely trolley tour is nice and love the Lighthouses.

I can't remember are you going to Halifax? If so definitely go to Peggy's Cove you'll get some beautiful shots there.

Great Report, i have been reviewing your old posts on Bermuda, wife and i are doing the 5 day next may, and you are a great wealth of knowledge....

BTW....it would be nice for you and the fellow passengers to experience my town here in little Rody...NEWPORT,,,favorite cruise destination of QM 2 Princess,Carnival,MSC,Holland America etc....the only large line that dosent come is RCCL....it is nice to wake up in August the next 3 weekends to see Carribean princess here off our Town...that ship will be here thru October....also cant wait for the new "QE"...have a safe trip....

Hello everyone. . . Wow. . .I made it back, and I need to spend week here on vacation !

I loved it here in Portland. . .I spoke to many locals today and most of them talked to me about the “heat wave” they were having. Heat Wave? Come to Baltimore for July, and you would have felt a heat wave(98F-103F). . . This is beautiful up here (but is much warmer than they are used too)

I was off of the ship by noon, and walked around the city waterfront. It kind of reminds me of the Annapolis waterfront, except that the water transportation is everywhere. The Casco Bay Ferries are very efficient, and they keep passengers moving all day.

The City of Portland has 6 islands that are inhabited by many locals (mostly), and in the summer months the passenger counts triple as people seek the simple and carefree solitude of the lovely cottages, bungalows and inns.

I took one of the ferries over to Peaks Island, and walked around for about an hour. It was beautiful.

Peaks Island is only about 1 mile wide and 2 miles long. There are about 1000 residents of Peaks, but they have 2 Inns, 3 restaurants, a couple of cafés and about 2 dozen shops(vendors). I also noticed a small beach, marina and Kayak rentals. If I had more time I would loved to ferry over to all of the Portland Islands. You can do it in one day. . .but you have to start early. . .

I came to Portland, and walked around the city for 2 hours. The city felt safe, with a lot of Hotels, shops, and places to dine. I was glad I was able to make the walk as there is a lot of interesting shops I may have missed if I rented a car today.

As I walked around, I asked many of the shop employees “Where would you recommend that a tourist get Lobster, that is very good, and reasonably priced. Most them offered 1 of 2 answers. . .Dimillo’s, and Oyster J’s.

So off I went to find one of them. . .I found Dimillo’s first. . .it is over on Long Wharf, just a few blocks from our pier. I loved the food and service there. I was able to get a huge Lobster Roll, with fries and a Soda for $18.00. . . It seemed that there was at least one whole lobster worth of meat on that roll. It was wonderful, and I will remember Dimillo’s. It was really worth it. . .

Its funny that I spoke with several crew on the way back to the ship and mentioned where I ate. These crew members (7) went to Oyster J’s. . .Imagine that !

We are about to pull away from Portland at 7PM, and we have just a short distance (148nm) until we arrive at out next port of call. . .

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Welcome to Portland

S1.JPG

Whoa, what a long gangway. . .

S61.JPG

We were docked at the Portland Ocean Terminal

S55.JPG

On the Casco Line to Peaks

S38.JPG

We see Enchantment on the way. . .

S36.JPG

The Ferry I was on held about 12 vehicles

S39.JPG

Here are a few more. . .I have many more pics, and will try to get a few more up this week. . .

Radio

We arrive at Peaks Island

S41.JPG

There were Inns, and vendors throughout the Island

S42.JPG

There were a lot of families on Peaks. . .Here they cooled off while jumping into Casco Bay

S44.JPG

Here is a view of Enchantment from Dimillo’s Floating Restaurant

S46.JPG

Our ship is next to Casco Bay Lines. . .

S48.JPG

My home for the next week. . . Ahhhh. . .

S56.JPG

I'm going to be on the enchantment in 7 days - would love to hear Radio's comments/whatever -- but have no idea hwere to seee/read/head it. Also - how can I find Radio on Facebook?

Welcome cookiebox !

My comments are HERE ! :)I will post many pics each day and offer daily comments and photos of my Cruise . . . CruiseDivaNJ will send you a link to her Cruise Page. I am commenting on that board as well.

We still have 4 more ports to go :D

Radio

;);)

Radio, the dial is set for your station and awaiting "our" next port of call. Loving every minute.

Ha ha. . .Thanks for the nice comments. . .

I will try to get more up tonight.

Radio

;);)

I'm going to be on the enchantment in 7 days - would love to hear Radio's comments/whatever -- but have no idea hwere to seee/read/head it. Also - how can I find Radio on Facebook?

Welcome cookiebox !

My comments are HERE ! :)I will post many pics each day and offer daily comments and photos of my Cruise . . . CruiseDivaNJ will send you a link to her Cruise Page. I am commenting on that board as well.

We still have 4 more ports to go :D

Radio

;);)

fairy_dust.gif

Cruise Chatter with CruiseDivaNJ

Radio, Just want to say thank your for your time and effort. I have wanted to cruise to NE and Canada this summer and had a trip booked but family medical situation made us cancel. You are just what the doctor ordered. I love your pictures and cannot wait to actually get there probably next summer hopefully.

Thanks again and while I know you like doing Live Reports I know we all appreciate it greatly!!!

Archived