"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Aug 11, 2011

Radio

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

We are heading Northeast. . .and should see land in about 7AM tomorrow morning.

FG7.JPG

Here is the Jump Zone (Just above the Windjammer)

FG6.JPG

The promenade deck during sundown

FG23.JPG

An odd view down the side of the ship from Deck 9

FG.JPG

Passengers were already filling up the Orpheum Theater at 730 for an 815 Show!

FG21.JPG

Here is our current position. . .

MAP4.jpg

Hi TechKnow! I was talking to Radio a moment ago and to answer your question about finding him on face book - follow this link to my Cruise Chatter with CruiseDivaNJ discussion group where you can find RADIO posting! Cheers,

I just sent you a request on fb to join the group. I have a strawhat on in my pic. Would love to join in.

Thanks,

Pat

What fabulous weather for the NE. We had really good weather for our cruise to Bermuda two weeks ago, but the seas were rarely as good as you have. The northern Atlantic can be so questionable.

The funniest thing was the last sea day they had sea sick bags out. We came out of the MDR from breakfast and saw them and thought "oh no, they're expecting bad seas". Not, the seas were a little bit bouncy (6-7 feet maybe) but definitely not seasick bag worthy. I guess because there were so many first timers onboard they were prepared. But, it wasn't necessary. I even asked one of the crew if they were expecting bad weather. He said no, but it was a little rough. I said, no, it's not and he said, "maybe not for you and me, but..." LOL, I get seasick if it's rough, but I felt nothing this trip.

Hi Jeepers, Im right up the road (130) in the Cranbury/Htown area. Nice to see someone local on the boards!

CruiseDivaNJ

Cruise Chatter with CruiseDivaNJ

You are right down the road from us. We border Robbinsville/Hightstown.

Now off to join you on FB. :)

Radio,

When we sailed her last year we had Capt Rob and Carly and they were the best. I was hoping they were still going to be on this year but it doesn't look good. Out of all my cruises that was the best I ever had with a Captain and CD being so approachable.

Your pictures are very nice and your live cruise broadcasts are something I've never seen before.

I hope the 2 for 1 drink of the day is offered on the Aug 25 cruise on Enchantment.

When you get back home you might try....

How to Remove the Horizon's Curvature With Photoshop

http://www.ehow.com/how_7302378_remove-horizon_s-curvature-photoshop.html

Hi Radio, a quick question... What is the average age of your passengers-just an estimate-? When we were on her last Oct, we were part of the "younger" crowd, we're in our 60's lol! Never saw so many oxygen tanks, walkers and scooters in one place just wondering what it's like for your cruise? Thanks again for the wonderful review!!

We were on EOS in April and saw the same assortment of geriatric accessories!! They even altered the traditional dining times to each be 30 minutes earlier than they typically are! Talk about an early bird special! LOL!

What do those portholes look down on? As always, loving your "LIVE" report. Well done, so far, and you haven't even reached your first port. New England is a beautiful part of the country. Enjoy! I know I will, through your wonderful pictures.

Tried to copy the picture with the portholes as a reference but CC wasn't cooperating.. or it's me.

Radio

We are heading Northeast. . .and should see land in about 7AM tomorrow morning.

FG7.JPG

Here is the Jump Zone (Just above the Windjammer)

FG6.JPG

The promenade deck during sundown

FG23.JPG

An odd view down the side of the ship from Deck 9

FG.JPG

Passengers were already filling up the Orpheum Theater at 730 for an 815 Show!

FG21.JPG

Here is our current position. . .

MAP4.jpg

Radio- thanks so much for all of the info and pix- i am booked for this same cruise on September 22 so I am of course very interested in your experience this month. I am sure it will be a little cooler when we go which frankly after this summer I am looking forward to this!

Really enjoying seeing these photographs - we are due to take our first RC cruise on Enchantment in Feb 2012. We have a balcony cabin 7054 so I am hoping it will look like yours. Thank you for all the information. Disappointed to hear such a low percentage in DJ on formal night but we don't mind as we will dress up anyway.

Thank you

Good morning Radio. Mark welcome to Maine, just a short ride south to my hometown. Made sure the weather was great for you. Enjoy your Maine day. See you later as i cruise from my seat here at the computer.

Radio :)

Have a fantastic cruise to my hometown of Halifax, Nova Scotia! If you are a seafood lover, and you have the time - head over to a restaurant called McKelvies, it is not far from the port...oh, and if you like beer - have an Alexander Keiths for me ;)

I will be following this thread and anxiously anticipating your comments and pictures - have fun!!!!! :D

We will be in Halifax on Oct. 11th on Enchanment and I love beer. What kind of beer is Alexander. My beer of choice is IPA.

Hi Jeepers, Im right up the road (130) in the Cranbury/Htown area. Nice to see someone local on the boards!

CruiseDivaNJ

Cruise Chatter with CruiseDivaNJ

stacey.....

i am currently staying with family down the road from you.......

we should do lunch or something!!!

mojitomeg at gmail you can figure out the rest!! :-):rolleyes:;):p

hey Mark..the 1st time i saw that savvy traveler thinggie was on the Summit..>AND i did see it advertised last week when I visited my..OOPSY..our ship!

On Summit, they were flying out.....i wonder if it replaces the other coupon book? I don't recall seeing those on Summit.....

Anyway...gorgeous photos as usual.....you have a really W I D E angle lens right?? pretty cool!

have fun!

stacey.....

i am currently staying with family down the road from you.......

we should do lunch or something!!!

mojitomeg at gmail you can figure out the rest!! :-):rolleyes:;):p

Meg, I was too lazy to open an email so I shot you a message on FB.

(((Im ready to disembark @ Noon....))) Too bad virtual Lobster just isnt the same. Maybe I should reschedule that BBQ I had planned for tonight & have my DH pick us up Lobster! (hey, they cook them for us there too) :)

Have a WONDERFUL time in Portland today, Radio.

Hi Radio.....another fan of your wonderful posts here.

You know, I actually get a rush when I open this thread! For a brief few moments I think I am on the ship!

Can/New England is prob'ly my favourite itinerary.....had briefly thought about doing it again this fall, but just couldn't swing it. As I read your posts and see your pics, I wish I had tried a little harder to go. Thank goodness I can sail vicariously with you!

Also love the Enchantment....will be doing a second sailing on her in December.

Alexander Keith's is a great beer.....had my first one a couple of weeks ago on a very hot day after playing golf. It sure hit the spot!

Yes, that itinerary seems to attract the geriatric set for some reason.....I'm one of them, but at times I felt young as I looked around me. Funny story....Perry Grant was doing his show in the Rendezvous one evening, and asked in his exuberant way, "Does anyone feel like dancing?" No response. As he looked around the room, he then asked, "Does anyone feel like moving?" Maybe you had to be there, but it sure made me laugh.

So Radio and everyone else, have a super cruise!

Sheila.

We were on EOS in April and saw the same assortment of geriatric accessories!! They even altered the traditional dining times to each be 30 minutes earlier than they typically are! Talk about an early bird special! LOL!

Staci, that Enchantment cruise was an eye opener for us! We are on the Explorer this October and we are praying that it will be better! At least the Ex is bigger! We are taking our heavy steel toed boots to protect us from the many wheelchair rollovers we had on Enchantment-LOL! Even though our mother's raised us better, we WILL remove the canes and walkers being used to block off rows of theater seats so that we don't have to stand at the back for all the shows and we WILL NOT cater to the people who feel they are entitled to push in front of us in line. As I said, it was quite an experience!

Radio,

We will be on EOS in oct. and are really enjoying your "live" reports and photos. In fact, your photos (particulary interior shots) show such good quality I was wondering what camera you are using.

Richard

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I use (mostly) a Sony DSC H10 (w/Wide Angle Lens)

Radio

;);)

I've found it's not just the itinerary but the time of year. Anyone with kids in school won't leave them the 1st few weeks of school. We are in our mid fifties and take our college aged daughter on a summer cruise each year but really enjoy our fall cruises w/o kids on board. Once you no longer have small children I find the tolerence for them decreases.

Your pictures are very nice and your live cruise broadcasts are something I've never seen before.

I hope the 2 for 1 drink of the day is offered on the Aug 25 cruise on Enchantment.

When you get back home you might try....

How to Remove the Horizon's Curvature With Photoshop

Thanks Joe. . . I control the Horizon curve manually with my lens. :) The pics I posted with the curve are on purpose. Thanks for the link though. . .I love Photoshop !

Radio

;);)

I have to mention that the coffee in the CL is so very good and while I was enjoying a cup during my last post, it had me wired !

What does "CL" stand for? If it's an area where only C&A Diamond-and-above folks have access, how's the coffee elsewhere? Asking so we know where to go when onboard the EnOS in 2 weeks - really appreciate all the previews you're giving us with your ship photos.

Hello everyone. . .We arrived on port around 945 (just as planned), and we were tied up at the pier by 10:00AM. The first passengers were cleared to debark by 10:20AM.

I have no specific plans today for excursions, but I have heard there are many tour companies just outside the pier. They are there for the 1000’s of tourists who come to Portland daily. My daughter (Transistor1010) was here a few years ago, and she provided some tips for me. . .

I will see what happens when I go ashore.

Here are a few pics from this morning. . .There will be many more when I return to the ship !

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

The sun is shining on Enchantment starboard side brightly. . .

S11.JPG

I think today may be another sunny day

S12.JPG

We are just a few mile away from Portland, Maine

S19.JPG

I was able to spot the first of many Lighthouses in Portland

S20.JPG

This is my favorite one!

S23.JPG

The US Coast Guard is at our side as we approach the Harbor

S24.JPG