"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Aug 11, 2011

Radio

Kitty...just remember two words..."The Quest"! I dare not say anaymore.:eek::rolleyes::p Make sure to be there!!!;)

Radio...thanx for the info about Capt. Anders and the Blairs. We've cruised with them all before and hope they are still aboard when we return in October.:D Love all the new pictures.

Radio - thank you for posting "live" from the Enchantment. I'm loving the pictures. I have not been on the Enchantment since the stretch, but it is on my list :D

Love the sunset and sunrise pictures. Please keep all the pictures and report coming. Hope you have a great time.

Good morning, and thanks for taking the time to share your cruise with us once again. Your pictures are amazing, as always, but the sunrise and sun set are spectacular!

That's exactly what I think everytime I read Radio's reviews!

Hi Radio,

I love, love, all your pictures and narrative. Wish I was there! I would love to do a B2B on the Enchantment! I hope it can happen soon!

They took my brother's PStrip, and gave him a claim ticket to pick it up after the Cruise. . . I guess it just depends who is doing the scanning.

Radio

;);)

do you know WHY they are taking them? I need mine for my cpap machine and when we sail in December and I will be VERY upset if they try to take it. Plus I need it for the phone and camera chargers too. ;)

Enjoy your trip Radio! Went to Bar Harbor for the 1st time last October on a Caribbean Princess cruise. It is a beautiful port. We did a one hour "Olley's Trolly" tour of Acadia National Park. Spectacular views of the ship from there! Best lobster roll I ever had, just wish I could remember the name of the place I had it at!! Looking forward to seeing interiors of the Enchantment!

The restaurant is Side Street Cafe, located at the top of the hill at 47 Rodick Street off Cottage Street. A 5 minute walk from the dock and well worth it, more pricey on the lobster rolls but sometimes you do get what you pay for. We found this place after asking local policemen directing traffic and local carpenters working on a house where they would go in town for the best lobsta' roll, both mentioned the Side Street Cafe, it was a good choice.

metgame24 should have remembered it because I asked her last week if Side Street Cafe rang a bell, of course it didn't so I reminded her and of course she then remembered. Bet shes glad she has me as her reminder to count on. :D.

So, need I remind her it is 229 days until the next cruise, sounds way too long. Enjoy your trip Radio and thanks for the blow by blow. Beautiful day today, it just doesnt get any better.

Amazing pictures as always Radio we can depend on you, like me you are always up early.

Thanks for the great reporting, we are sailing on Dec 5th for 12 days can't wait. Some amazing priceing as well LOL

Have a great day and looking foreward to more great news and pictures

Thanks

Brian J

Brian, my husband and I will be on your sailing. I don't recall seeing you on the role call. Are you on there?

Kitty...just remember two words..."The Quest"! I dare not say anaymore.:eek::rolleyes::p Make sure to be there!!!;)

Radio...thanx for the info about Capt. Anders and the Blairs. We've cruised with them all before and hope they are still aboard when we return in October.:D Love all the new pictures.

I've cruised with both before and agree with you.

Blairs just came back from vacation in July so should be on until December.

Captain Anders started his rotation the end of June so if they stick to a typical 10 week rotation I'm not sure he will be. The other Captian also seems to be nice.

first timers cruise ship tour? Cake decorating ? O.k what other surprises are awaiting me in less then 4 weeks. I am doing this cruise on sept 8th.

Kitty

There is usually (? Is it on every cruise? does anyone know? Im not sure.) a cake decorating "show" in one of the theaters. It will be in your cruise compass. The CD and head pastry chef chose someone from the audience to help them. Here are some pics of my DD cake decorating with the head pastry chef and Jimmy Rhodes (CD). It was hilarious, moreso because they couldnt believe my daughter was really 21 yrs old, she looks young.....they drizzle alcohol on the cake. Plus, they drink some as they're decorating, its part of the "show". :)

DSC_0438Cake.jpg - DSC_0445AlexaCrewCake.jpg

DSC_0597CuisineCake.jpgDSC_0813CuisineCake.jpg

My daughters cake came out fabulous. They brought it to the galley and brought it out to our table after dinner. We had cake for a few nights. lol

If it fits into your schedule it is a fun show.

We sailed these same ports last October, and had a wonderful time! You are going to have such a great time! As we sailed home, we cruised thur the fishing lanes, and watched pilot whales feeding. It was awesome!

I can't wait to read all you posts and see your photos. I know it's going to be good!

Wow Stacey...someone who actually made the cake and it LOOKED like a cake!!

Lovely photos Mark, as usual.....maybe i will NOT bring my camera on our November cruise...and just steal....OOPS, borrow your pix!!

Ha ha. . . It will cost you a fresh coffee. . . .:)

Radio

;);)

So happy that someone from our roll call let us know that you're sailing on the Enchantment. We'll be on the 12/5/11 sailing out of Baltimore and can't wait.

This is our second time leaving from Baltimore on the Enchantment and love the port and ship.

Keep up the great work.

So happy that someone from our roll call let us know that you're sailing on the Enchantment. We'll be on the 12/5/11 sailing out of Baltimore and can't wait.

This is our second time leaving from Baltimore on the Enchantment and love the port and ship.

Keep up the great work.

Hi Jeepers, Im right up the road (130) in the Cranbury/Htown area. Nice to see someone local on the boards!

CruiseDivaNJ

Cruise Chatter with CruiseDivaNJ

Mark...fantastic job as always my friend and enjoying every minute of your "Live" posts. Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy yourself. How you find the time to do such a great job with these live posts, I will never know. Be sure to make time for that nap, LOL ;).

Bill and myself love to cruise as you know, like yourself and we all are happy campers when we are sailing. :D We will be sailing in December on the Enchantment and your pics are making me drool.

Deal...

ya know...if we all got c&a credits for 'sailing along' with you through these LIVE froms...almost everyone would be Pinnacle!! ;):rolleyes::p

Meg...so true, LOL. Radio has a way with his posts, we feel like we are there sailing with him. Doing a lot of dreaming while reading and we would be in the hot tub, thinking about a snack about now. :D Catch me on Facebook and I will you too when I see you on.

Hello everyone. . .Today has been a beautiful day at sea. I can say that I can’t remember when my day at sea has been so perfect. The skies are clear, and the water is very calm. There is a slight breeze, but I would say that the temps are around 80F.

I ate breakfast today in the My Fair Lady MDR. I wanted to try the Diamond/Diamond + Breakfast on Deck 5 (MDR) and I’m glad I did. . I will be eating there throughout the Cruise. The service is very good, and you can order any Coffee Beverage (Non-Alcoholic) from Latte-tudes Coffee Bar. This is located in the same area as the MTD program for dinner. It appears that the menu is the same, but it is not open seating. You can have a table for two, four or for any amount.

I went to the Meet and Mingle from CC, and there were about 50 people in attendance. I am surprised that they held the meeting back in the Spotlight Lounge. . .this meeting is usually held up in the Viking Crown Lounge. The CD was there offering all Cruise Critic members a look at what will be happening this week. I was happy during the raffle, as my name was drawn for a FREE Internet coupon ! Wow. . . I think I may be able to use that !

The Port and shopping show gave a little insight on the different excursions that are available in our next 5 ports of call. They also discussed some of the shopping areas that are recommended by RCI.

There were a ton of sales for something I have not seen on a Cruise. They were selling the “Savvy Traveler” Travel Organizer for $30. Each (with a maximum purchase of 3) With this purchase, you get unlimited buy 1 get 1 Free Drink of the Day. . .Passengers were flocking for this bargain. . .

I spoke to the delightful Wendy Kirby (Loyalty Manager), and she suggested that as a special for D+ Members that RCI would be offering a 2 for 1 Dinner at Chops for the whole Cruise (not just the first night as suggested in the D+ Coupon book)

I am sure I will take advantage of this offer next week.

This will be the first Cruise for Enchantment of the Seas that will offer the New Behind the Scenes Tour. This was announced last month, and will include the whole fleet soon. The tour will include the Galley, Theater, Control room, Officers dining area, provisions area, laundry area, and Printing area The tour will last 3 hours and has a cost of $150. This is separate from the Back Stage Tour , Galley Tour and Bridge our that are offered to Diamond Plus guests. The D+ tour is no charge. I will stick with the free tour next week on Day 7 and 9.

Here are a few pics from today. . . I am posting this afternoon from Royal Caribbean On Line up on Deck 8 (Centrum)

There will be more pics tonight. . .Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

We have blue seas and blue skies. . .

F17.JPG

The seas are beautiful today

F25.JPG

The Freshwater pool is in the new section of the “stretch” The other pool is still saltwater.

F19.JPG

Cruise Director John Blair hosts our Meet & Mingle in the Spotlight Lounge at 12:30

F24.JPG

Seating in the rear section of the Spotlight Lounge

F23.JPG

My Cabin (D1) on Deck 7 FWD Port side

F22.JPG

Archived