Solstice vs Millenium??

KDC1224

Hi guys/ girls.. I took my virgin cruise last year on the Solstice and LOVED it- was ready to get back on board the same day... now it looks like I may do the W/Carib. on the Millenium- has anyone sailed on both and how do the two ships compare in comfort, service, rooms, etc,..?? Many thanks in advance...:p

I don't have an answer for you, yet, but I wanted to respond, because I am in a similar situation. I loved our Sostice cruise last April. It was my first Celebrity cruise, although not my first cruise ever. I am now sold on the Celebrity line! Due to a new job that no longer allows me to take 7 day cruises, we will be sailing the Millenium for a 5 day western caribbean cruise this March. I can't wait to try this ship! I look forward to hearing any responses!

Hi,

We have yet to sail on Solstice but have been on Equinox as well as all the Millie class including the Refurbed Connie. I will have start by saying these new larger ship are really neat with lots of verity. If you have been on the Millie class before and are planning only 1 cruise before year end, go with the Solstice since it will not be till next summer before the remaining Millie class get their upgrade. Then you can start over on the all the Millie class. If any of the other refurbs are like the Connie these are going to be great addition. Don't get me wrong there all great but we had a great time on the Equinox as you will on the Solstice.

Hi guys/ girls.. I took my virgin cruise last year on the Solstice and LOVED it- was ready to get back on board the same day... now it looks like I may do the W/Carib. on the Millenium- has anyone sailed on both and how do the two ships compare in comfort, service, rooms, etc,..?? Many thanks in advance...:p

Hi,:) Millennium is being "Solsticized" in April 2012. When are you sailing?

I have been on both but it has been 5 years since I was on Millennium.

I find the service great on all the ships:D.

Right now they are totally different deck plans/venues, some of which

I prefer the M class better. But that is just my opinion. Others will

say they prefer S class better. But overall, its all good:)

We have sailed on the Solstice and the Eclipse in the Caribbean and they are our favorites; the classiest of any ships we have been on. In May we went on the Pacific Northwest wine cruise on the Millenium, and although it feels dated, we enjoyed it also..in fact we will be doing a 4 night Caribbean in October on the Mille; we wanted a short cruise and it will be just fine. Anxious to see the redo though and are thinking about the Panama Canal in May 2012, which looks like their first sailing after the "Solsticizing".

It's M-Class for us due to the ship design. We like the longer promenade and the T-Pool.

We didn't care for the layout of the Equinox with the central Grand-Foyer noise and the abbreviated "promenade" area.

S-Class ships have a better designed Buffet; but a poor second level Main Dining area.

M-Class has more interior views to the sea. S-Class design has minimized public room views of the sea.

I would not cruise on S-Class with an inside cabin. If there is a next time, we must book a balcony cabin.

-Marisela

Millie (Med & Trans-Atlantic 2x)

Summit (rt S Carib)

Galaxy (rt Baltimore to Carib)

Horizon (San Juan rt S Carib)

Equinox (Med & Trans-Atlantic)

- prefer Princess over Celebrity

For ships, service, food, rooms, tours, perks, and more (24 hr dining, laundry, entertainment)

We've sailed both, @ as far as comfort, service, & rooms, we found them comparable, A while the Solsice is beautiful, we prefer the Millenium class ships to the Solstice class.

Can someone sum up the difference in the speciality dining options on a millenium ship compared to a solticized ship

We are booked on Summit next April 21 after she has been solticized in dry dock in January 2012 and am trying to find out what the speciality dining options and costs will be available then on Summit compared to now. Currently our booking only offers Normandie with an icon for Qsine which is not active so we are a bit confused

We were on the Millie in 2005 and much prefer the Solstice class ships. We almost didn't try the Eclipse and Solstice because we didn't care for the Millie and thought all Celebrity experiences would be like that one, but I am glad we changed our mind. We love the Solstice class. I'm sure you will get as many opinions as there are sailors, so just go and have a great time. There is something to enjoy on all ships at sea. Just being at sea is the greatest joy of all!

Carole

My opinions:

Millennium class ships are better for:

dancing -- there is no proper dance floor on S-class

T-pool -- S-class has an indoor Solarium pool, but it is not a T-pool

buffets -- S- class has no trays at the buffet, less seating

in-room storage -- S-class has poorly designed bedside tables, storage over

the bed that's hard to get to if you are short, & poorly designed closets

classy elegant decor -- S-class ships have neon (ugh!) in the MDR

quiet foyer/atrium area -- S-class ships use this as a music venue making it

hard to talk to Guest Relations staff

views of the ocean from public spaces -- S-class ships have fewer picture

windows and indoor places you can just sit and watch the water

wet bathing suites -- M-class ships have clothes lines in the bathroom,

S-class ships do not

three sets of elevators -- S-class ships have only two banks of elevators

location of hamburger grill poolside -- S-class ships (so far) have this on a

different level, making it hard to take your lunch to the pool areas

Solstice class ships are better for:

nightlights in the bathrooms

fresh water in all the pools (M-class has saltwater pools, freshwater hot tubs

All said- I am sure you can´t go wrong on either one. I prefer Millenium- Class also- because of all the reason already mentioned. I can´t wait to board the " new" Connie- I sailed her on her last cruise in her " old outfit" ! Tomcat- did you like the new one better???

Well as for the Specialty Restaurants, all four Milli- Class ships have different themed styles:

Millenium- The Olmypic with original paneling from the sister ship of the infamous Titanic- Olympic

Constellation- Ocean Liners- an omage to Ocean Liners of former years with memorabilia from the French Lines - Ile de France

Summit- The Normandie original paneling from one of the greates Liners ever built- the Normandie

Infinity- United States Restaurant with orignial chairs and glas from the 50´s United States once the fastest ship ever built- the hull is still floading somehwere in the States

So if you are a ship buff each one of them is a MUST! It is if you are transported back in time..!

Michael

Germancruiser -- I know you asked Tomcat which "Connie" he liked better, but I'll throw in my two cents worth.

The new "Cellar Masters" was a dud. The machines hardly ever worked, the wine in them was icky. It was hardly ever staffed. We missed the Martini Bar.

The new Martini Bar/Ice Bar was showy, but not a place for quiet conversation. The tables were lined up against the window, making it impossible for a group of six or eight to sit facing each other and have a chat. Service was slow. Something happened to the water cooling system and the carpet got wet and began to be musty smelling. Completely unappealing. Dump the Cellar Masters and give us back the Martini Bar ambiance in that location and we'll be happy.

Bistro on 5 was ok. I'm not the huge fan some people are, but if you like Bistro on 5 on other ships, you'll like this one.

Putting a specialty restaurant in the old Conservatory was a stroke of genius on someone's part. They took an underused space and made it delightful.

No more "Rags" in the Observation lounge!!!

Archived