When do AD minisuites sell out?

ActiveTraveler

By just booking a Mini suite guarantee for a 2012 Hawaii cruise. Seems strange they would assign this to a guarantee if they are so desirable.

I think The AA's go first as some people don't want to be in the back of the ship.

I am not the reluctant one. I need my mom's approval first. She wants more information about prices and payments before giving me the OK.
He who hesitates is lost. For every day you delay booking the cabin, the fewer your options. Many people think they have plenty of time to book and how could it possibly be sold out months, if not a year in advance. Not so for quite a few cruises. My March cruise has been more or less sold out for months with most categories GTY or waitlisted. I just booked a cruise for next April and was surprised myself that many categories are sold out and only bookable as GTY.

If it were me, I'd go ahead and book the cabin and then talk to Mom and stress that she needs to decide soon. As for pricing, if you book directly, you can then look for a TA with a lower price.

Those AD's seem to hang around for a while and then one day, BAM, they're gone. The sooner you book the better.

I don't understand why it is so imperative to have E711, or 715 or 713.

I've had all of these in the past, including e733 and E731. Most prefer E733/731 -- not me, even though most like the larger balconies.

E711,13 and 15 are all the same. What itinerary? And why not the starboard side? Unless you are planning on staying in the cabin and rarely exiting the cabin, it shouldn't matter starboard.

For our upcoming Hawaii cruise we wanted an AD. We can't have one since we dragged our feet too long, even though the AD's were available for months, and then exactly one year to the date, boom, they were all gone. Therefore, we will be happy with a mini on Dolphin deck.

Those mini's are not bad at all. Realistically, so many people I've spoken with don't utilize their balconies as much as they think they will, depending on the itinerary or if it's port-intensive or not.

Book your cabin now and you can always cancel later.

I am not the reluctant one. I need my mom's approval first. She wants more information about prices and payments before giving me the OK.

I really don't understand this. If the cabin is that important to you, book it and don't tell her. If she decides she can't go, then cancel. As long as you are an adult and using your own credit card, you don't need her approval first.

I really don't understand this. If the cabin is that important to you, book it and don't tell her. If she decides she can't go, then cancel. As long as you are an adult and using your own credit card, you don't need her approval first.

Maybe her mum is paying for the trip.

I always ask the question, how big of a deal would it be if I couldn't get that cabin. If its a deal breaker i.e you don't go then you need to tell your mum that if you delay you might not be able to have that cabin.

So I want to know if I am still able to get the cabin I want (E711) when the cruise has been on sale 7-9 months. I would not mind sleeping in 713, 715, 717, etc. as long as there are three beds.

What Princess ship has a cabin numbered E713?

LOL! I also replied that I'd stayed in E713 -- it was e731; isn't the numbering #E715, E719, E711? i don't have the chart in front of me at the moment/ I've stayed in so many on the starboard side even I'm getting confused. :D

I did not look carefully at the deck plan at first and assumed there is a 713. Later I saw it again to count the AD cabins. That was when I discovered Princess skips 13.

Then I was confused about no 717 before realizing it is an inside cabin.

I did not look carefully at the deck plan at first and assumed there is a 713. Later I saw it again to count the AD cabins. That was when I discovered Princess skips 13.

Then I was confused about no 717 before realizing it is an inside cabin.

Princess also does not have a 13th deck on their ships. I know the same is true for RCCL and Carnival as well.

Princess also does not have a 13th deck on their ships. I know the same is true for RCCL and Carnival as well.

Because of that I will never call decks by their numbers. I think it is stupid, but that topiic is for a different thread.

Anyway, my mom finally agreed to let me book it after I explained why it is crucial to do so now and I don't have to pay the whole $3,687 for 3 people just to reserve a specific cabin or include the third person immediately. But she still wanted to know about cancellation penalties, so I asked my TA if I get a full refund after canceling. He said usually all money is returned when someone cancels, but there are exceptions. That sealed it for her. :)

The 13th floor is often omitted in multi-level buildings in countries where the number 13 is considered unlucky. The next time you are in a hotel or office building check it out. I guess the practice also includes cruise ships.

You and your mother need to get on the same page. Either you accept that she is in no hurry and relax and not worry aboutr cabin availability. Or she needs to realize how worked up you are and agree to make a decision. As others have said the depeosit is usually refundable if someone changes their mind.

Because of that I will never call decks by their numbers. I think it is stupid, but that topiic is for a different thread.

Anyway, my mom finally agreed to let me book it after I explained why it is crucial to do so now and I don't have to pay the whole $3,687 for 3 people just to reserve a specific cabin or include the third person immediately. But she still wanted to know about cancellation penalties, so I asked my TA if I get a full refund after canceling. He said usually all money is returned when someone cancels, but there are exceptions. That sealed it for her. :)

Did you ask your TA if they charge a fee for canceling? If so what is the amount they charge? If you cancel before final payment you should receive a full refund from Princess. Since you are so unsure of the future you may also want to consider trip insurance where you can cancel for any reason after final payment.

If you cancel before final payment, there are no cancelation fees from Princess and you will get a 100% refund. Some TAs charge a fee but not Princess. After final payment, there is a set schedule of penalties and you will get a partial refund.

It is always a good idea to get cruise insurance in case you have to cancel or need medical attention while onboard.

So, did you book your desired cabin?

She did because the deposit is $940. Actually, it was not the cabin I wanted originally - E711 had already been booked - but it is only three doors down because 717 is inside. That is good enough for me.

I also got $50 onboard credit, which is awesome because my mom and sister like wine and there certainly are other ways we can spend that much on the ship. :)

She did because the deposit is $940. Actually, it was not the cabin I wanted originally - E711 had already been booked - but it is only three doors down because 717 is inside. That is good enough for me.

I also got $50 onboard credit, which is awesome because my mom and sister like wine and there certainly are other ways we can spend that much on the ship. :)

Congratulations.

Congratulations. You got a wonderful mini suite on a beautiful ship. I am sure you will love your cruise.

What is wrong with E731? You won't have to worry about that one being available. I booked E731 over a year ago for our cruise on the Diamond in Jan 2012. We were in E723 on the Emerald but wanted a bigger balcony this time. I don't like the minisuites on Dolphin deck but I don't think the side of the boat is important. I couldn't tell you in 24 cruises which side of the boat I was on for any cruise.

We are new to Princess, but just booked a Fall 2012 cruise in an AD suite after reading that they were covered and more private. At the time of booking 2 cabins showed available for that category. And now, I see that AD category for that particular ship and date is "guarantee" only and the price has gone up by nearly $1,000 a person?? Is this a fluke?

Archived