Question for D+

rozen

Could you use the free specialty restaurant coupon on the first night when you booked and prepaid on line.

Do you get the credit back for one person on your see pass? Or you have to make reservation on board, to take advantage of it.

Also to you have to reserve the shows on Oasis and Allure or as a D+ you don’t have to do it. I know that they have reserved seats in all the Venues for Suites and D+.

Thank you for the answer

You can book for two on line and receive a credit to your Sea Pass or you can book one and show up with two or you can wait until you are on board to book.

With the exception of the Comedy Show you do not have to make show reservations but is is suggested that you do. On our last Oasis trip we did not make any show reservations and had no problem getting into any of the shows. I believe they release the "no show" seats about 10 minutes before show time so be sure to arrive before that.

D+ do NOT have access to shows without reservations like suite guests do. You do however have access to sit in the reserved seating area once in. You will need to make advanced reservations or wait in a standby line with all those that also don't have reservations.....they allow the standby ine entry about 10 minutes prior as long as there is still seating available.....but the good seats are mostly gone or you may have trouble getting several seats together at that point.

D+ do NOT have access to shows without reservations like suite guests do. You do however have access to sit in the reserved seating area once in. You will need to make advanced reservations or wait in a standby line with all those that also don't have reservations.....they allow the standby ine entry about 10 minutes prior as long as there is still seating available.....but the good seats are mostly gone or you may have trouble getting several seats together at that point.

On our last two Oasis trips we did not make any reservations and attended shows. They just scanned our cards and let us in. The exception was the Comedy Show.

What venue's have the reserved seating areas? I assume like you are saying these areas have signs stating Diamond Plus and suite guest only?

Jimbo:)

Getting several seats together might be a problem for last minute arrivals but there are very few "bad" seats in the theaters, in my opinion at least. Unless you absolutely have to be assured of having a seat and being able to be among the first guests admitted to the shows, reservations are not an absolute necessity.:)

On our last two Oasis trips we did not make any reservations and attended shows. They just scanned our cards and let us in. The exception was the Comedy Show.

I have no idea what that was about:confused: Even with suite guests with gold cards...it doesn't go by scanning the card....they are given a sticker on their card that allows them access into all shows without reservations, except for the comedy show.

What venue's have the reserved seating areas? I assume like you are saying these areas have signs stating Diamond Plus and suite guest only?

Jimbo:)

Ice show in Studio B....shows in the main theater and also shows at the Aquatheater will have reserved seating....yes there will be a sign and rope marking off the area.

Yes, you do. Well, in our experience, you do.

Apparently your experience was different?????

Could you use the free specialty restaurant coupon on the first night when you booked and prepaid on line.

Do you get the credit back for one person on your see pass? Or you have to make reservation on board, to take advantage of it.

Also to you have to reserve the shows on Oasis and Allure or as a D+ you don’t have to do it. I know that they have reserved seats in all the Venues for Suites and D+.

Thank you for the answer

We booked and paid on line for dining on the Freedom ( in May) and used the BOGO coupon. We were given a credit card credit, not a credit to the cabin account. We watched for the credit and it came in about 10 days after the meal.

I have no idea what that was about:confused: Even with suite guests with gold cards...it doesn't go by scanning the card....they are given a sticker on their card that allows them access into all shows without reservations, except for the comedy show.

They have scanned the card on all our trips. That is how they keep a count of available seats.

Yes, you do. Well, in our experience, you do.

Apparently your experience was different?????

I would like to hear more about this from other D+ guests:confused:I have never tried it....I always have reservations. This is not something that I remember ever being told or seeing as a D+ perk on Oasis class.....and like I said, it doesn't even work that way with suite guests.....unless this is something all brand new.

They have scanned the card on all our trips. That is how they keep a count of available seats.

Not when I had a gold card with my sticker....you just showed it and walked right in...no scanning required...and that was on the same Oasis sailing you were on.

I would like to hear more about this from other D+ guests:confused:I have never tried it....I always have reservations. This is not something that I remember ever being told or seeing as a D+ perk on Oasis class.....and like I said, it doesn't even work that way with suite guests.....unless this is something all brand new.

Last August.

Oasis.

Concierge slapped a sticker on our SeaPass cards.

We could just walk into any show by flashing the card.

(no memory of whether they scanned it when we did that or not. Some shows, we had reservations for, and they scanned then.)

Not when I had a gold card with my sticker....you just showed it and walked right in...no scanning required...and that was on the same Oasis sailing you were on.

Well I guess there is more than one way to get into a show. :confused: I remember them scanning the card because the guy said you don't have a reservation. Oh well life goes on.

Last August.

Oasis.

Concierge slapped a sticker on our SeaPass cards.

We could just walk into any show by flashing the card.

(no memory of whether they scanned it when we did that or not. Some shows, we had reservations for, and they scanned then.)

That is something different....that is really a suite guest perk....not a D+ perk.

Well I guess there is more than one way to get into a show. :confused: I remember them scanning the card because the guy said you don't have a reservation. Oh well life goes on.

The people who scan your cards often are confused as to who they are supposed to let in and who they aren't;)....goes the same for the reserved seating.

Steve, on the Allure back in June, we were told that those in suites no longer needed the sticker. Just show our SeaPass card. They still scanned it but we did not need the sticker. Of course we all know how consistent RCI is with their policies. ;)

Steve, on the Allure back in June, we were told that those in suites no longer needed the sticker. Just show our SeaPass card. They still scanned it but we did not need the sticker. Of course we all know how consistent RCI is with their policies. ;)

Thats sure is an understatement :rolleyes:...I love Royal...but the inconsistency of the line never fails to amaze.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought the On Board Benefits might help regarding show reservations.

The reference post note does say "Select ships only. Priority Seating at Theater, ice show & AquaTheater events will be held up to ten minutes before show time"

Joanne

1527243925_CAOnboardBenefits.jpg.ea7ede55351b758d5af69561d605b5d9.jpg

Archived