Cruise Critic.. Still havings problems??

toberman

I've posted some msgs in the last two days.... some show up - some don't.

The board will show something like 42 msgs avbl, but only 25 show up.

I've actually seen where I posted an answer to the question, but another poster's reply (after me) shows up, and mine doesn't?? :confused::confused: Curious.:confused:

I´ve had a message creited to me which were not my words!!! However when I used the quote button to report it, my originañ correct message was quoted...go figure!!!

Sandy in Spain

A couple of niggles, I'm fairly new to the site but am used to very similar forums. To reply to a thread it says 'click on one of the quick reply icons in the posts above' but there aren't any so it goes to 'full' reply with the option for attachments etc. This isn't a problem, but is just a minor irritation.

The other more annoying thing is the strange behaviour when you click on one of the 'go to first unread post' or 'go to last post' buttons. You are immediately taken to the appropriate post - but for less than a second before it clicks again and you are taken to the top of that page and have to scroll down again - and as they are quite long pages on this site that can, when you're doing it on several threads in succession, take some time. I try to remember to click the button then stare fixedly at my monitor to see where the scroll bar button flashes before it goes to the top again, then scroll down to about that place.

I've not had either of these issues on other forums :( It just make having a quick check for updates a bit more onerous but doesn't take away from the great advice (and occasional provocative but entertaining comments);)

... You are immediately taken to the appropriate post - but for less than a second before it clicks again and you are taken to the top of that page and have to scroll down again - and as they are quite long pages on this site that can, when you're doing it on several threads in succession, take some time. I try to remember to click the button then stare fixedly at my monitor to see where the scroll bar button flashes before it goes to the top again, then scroll down to about that place.

I had this for a while - but only on firefox - explorer on a different PC was ok.

I don't know when it 'went away' but might have been after I got a new PC & everything was reinstalled anyway.

as you say it was annoying.

I'm using Explorer, not Firefox.

And there do seem to be a lot of posts missing. Some threads don't make sense until you find a post which quotes a post which isn't there! Also on the preview one thread said '4 replies' but there were only two to read. Now, I know some contentious posts get removed, and users banned (well, trolling is a fact of forum life) but these seem to be perfectly normal, informative posts.

It does make the forum a bit frustrating to use ...

Yes seems to be some issues on the boards the last few days, I just check back when I can to see if it is better. This is a pretty busy site , I suspect that they have to do some maintenance on the boards now and then to keep it running at speed.

Cori

I haven't had any problems with post showing up (that I know of and it shows that it's posted after I hit submit). But, I did notice about 3 days ago that I hit the multiple "quote" buttons to reply to several people and it kept only letting me quote 1 at a time. :rolleyes:

I thought it was only me having problems with posts not showing! Not that I'm glad you all are having problems too, but at least it's not my computer or something I've done!

Hope they sort it out soon - so difficult to tract what I've been posting :mad:

Beiing quite new here I might not be able to explain correct but I have posted and the posts were there, but if try to have a look under my name and "find all posts" I can't find the ones from the last days. Was looking there to be able to find any answers.. But it says on top that this system has been updated 19 hours ago.. hm I agree, a little frustrating.

But cc is aware and working on the problem, what else can we ask for?

On one of my roll calls there is a new post from today that isn't there when you click on the roll call. And when you try to find it through the poster, it doesn't show in his profile...And mine says I haven't posted since 14 Aug. EM

• 2 weeks later...

I got very excited last night when, after a few days away I realised that when one clicked on the 'first new post' button it took you to the first new post and stayed there! OK, it doesn't take much to please me ...

But I see normal service has been resumed today; click on the button and you get a tantalising fleeting glance of the post you seek, but it flicks back up to the top of the page immediately.

And the reply bit still tells you to click on a non-existent Quick Reply button :confused:

Archived