"Solsticization" changes...

covey

My favorite places on the Millenium are the Cova Cafe and the T-pool. Anyone know their fate after the so-called upgrades?

Cova will be turned into "Cafe Al Bacio" where coffees, teas, patries,

etc. will still be served.

No T-pool on the S class ships. Rather a newer "Solarium Pool" is in

that area. Constellation is the first ship to have been re-done so maybe

someone who has cruised on her can give you first hand information

about both areas.

Hi Lois & Covey !

That I noticed, there was virtually no change to the Solarium Pool area on Constellation. As the upgrades on the remaining 3 M-Class ships are more extensive than what was previously made to Constellation, there's no way of knowing if additional changes will be made to either venue.

We'll probably have to wait until early December, when the first Guests board Infinity in Ft Lauderdale.

On the Constellation the T pool wasn't touched and Cova Cafe was expanded (and re-named), and improved a bit (in my opinion). So nothing but positives there. While no one knows for certain until it is done, from what I've seen it will likely be just like the Connie in those areas.

When they add AQ to the M-Class (Summit in January 2012), will there be a Blu? If not, don't see any reason to book AQ on the M-Class.

Hi, it states on the Website Summit will be having Blu.

Here is the paragraph.

"Celebrity Summit® will soon sail with a new sense of style and excitement. The third member of Millennium Class to be "Solsticized," she'll undergo a dazzling revitalization in January. She'll be upgraded with AquaClass® accommodations including the Mediterranean-themed Blu specialty restaurant.

She'll get the hip Celebrity iLoungeSM where you can participate in the iLearn enrichment series or pick up the latest high-tech gadget from the first Apple Reseller at Sea. And get ready to have a unique, memorable dinner at the cutting edge QsineSM restaurant, with a menu and wine list housed in an iPad®. Finish with a chilled Lychee Martini at the ultra-cool, ice-topped Martini Bar. Plus more staterooms, more verandas, an expanded art collection, and completely new décor throughout. There's going to be a new way to make your next vacation truly different and better than any you've experienced before."

When they add AQ to the M-Class (Summit in January 2012), will there be a Blu? If not, don't see any reason to book AQ on the M-Class.

Some of the Concierge Class staterooms on Deck 9 are being converted to AquaClass... And new AquaClass cabins are being added on Deck 11 [where the Flower Shop is]...

Blu will occupy a dedicated section--don't know if it will be walled--of the upper level of the Main Dining Room...

There's not much out there but you can get a sense of what's planned--at least from a stateroom perspective--if you take a look at the Infinity Deck Plan [doing AQ in January] on the Celebrity website...

We'll probably have to wait until early December, when the first Guests board Infinity in Ft Lauderdale.

I hope to be reporting back as soon as I can but, as we get home just a few days before Christmas, I cannot promise when that will be! I will have to see what I can do on board. I am particularly keen to see what is done to the Celebrity Suites.

Sue

on Celebrity's website, you can look at deck plans for specific dates - the pulldown menu is a touch hard to find, but Blu is there (just off the MDR, upper floor)....also Qsine and Bistro on 5... for the Summit, that is...did So. Car. last Feb and repeating this year - the before and after...

Millennium, Infinity and Summit will NOT have a Tuscan Grill after the renovations. They will have Qsine instead. Also something of importance is the fact that there will be an increase in cabins and a decrease in public spaces and thus passenger/space ratio. Result: the ships will be more "crowded".

After the refurbishments, Constellation will be the roomiest ship in the fleet until she will also get the new cabins somewhere in 2013.

I hope to be reporting back as soon as I can but, as we get home just a few days before Christmas, I cannot promise when that will be! I will have to see what I can do on board. I am particularly keen to see what is done to the Celebrity Suites.

Sue

Hi Sue,

We will be anxious to get your report...especially concerning the Celebrity Suites, as we have one booked for the Millennium after its refurb!!

Thanks

Woody

Hi, As previously mentioned, the T-pool remains the same and the cafe's name is changed. They have added a gelato station adjacent to the cafe. There is now the Bisto on 5 which is very good. There is a $5 charge for dining there but I think well worth it. Another Solsticizing is the Martini Bar. Very cool...literally. It is a frosty,icy bar top to help keep those drinks cold! The Constellation is a grand ship! You will enjoy the upgrades.:D

I'm probably going to start a riot here but are they going to be ruining the M-class ships by Solsticizing them?

Personally, I love the Summit - have sailed on her 4 times. Will be sailing on Solstice in January 2012 so maybe I'll change my mind but I like the small ship feel that Summit has.

I must be getting old. Our first cruise was on the Zenith and it felt like the Queen Mary. Then we went on the Millenium, it felt enormous. We went on a few large CCl and RCCL ships and went on the Summit and it felt like the Zenith ... I think most times smaller is a bit more intimate. Bigger has more bells and whistles.

FF

I'm probably going to start a riot here but are they going to be ruining the M-class ships by Solsticizing them?

Personally, I love the Summit - have sailed on her 4 times. Will be sailing on Solstice in January 2012 so maybe I'll change my mind but I like the small ship feel that Summit has.

I'm sure the ships will still be very nice. From my perspective the only plus on the Connie is the updated upholstery and furnishings throughout and the addition of Tuscan Grill and Bistro on 5. Everything else was a push or a negative. Now they're taking away a few more of the features I love on the ships and adding more people. I'm sure the cruises will still be wonderful.... but we'll miss a few things.

Personally, I'd be happy if they just maintained what they had a little nicer - no need to "improve" these wonderful ships.

I must be getting old. Our first cruise was on the Zenith and it felt like the Queen Mary. Then we went on the Millenium, it felt enormous. We went on a few large CCl and RCCL ships and went on the Summit and it felt like the Zenith ... I think most times smaller is a bit more intimate. Bigger has more bells and whistles.

FF

FF,

Noticed that you are sailing on the Summit in February right after its' Solsticizing'. We are doing a family sail in April. We will look forward to your review of the new Summit. Say hi to your wife. After our trauma of getting home to NH after our Solstice Feb. '09, we are now sticking to April sailings.

I was just wondering where they might put blue and I lounge on board Summit? Maybe they transfer the Computer - Room into I lounge. I know the one on Deck five ( or was it four) will be transfered to the Martini Bar.

Well at least X sticks with their beauties of the Millenium Class!

I'm sure the ships will still be very nice. From my perspective the only plus on the Connie is the updated upholstery and furnishings throughout and the addition of Tuscan Grill and Bistro on 5. Everything else was a push or a negative. Now they're taking away a few more of the features I love on the ships and adding more people. I'm sure the cruises will still be wonderful.... but we'll miss a few things.

Personally, I'd be happy if they just maintained what they had a little nicer - no need to "improve" these wonderful ships.

We loved the new look Constellation but did miss the Champagne Bar and the "Hole".

Sue

Archived