B2B two different cabins?

itzmered

We are looking at changing our Dec cruise on the Emerald to a B2B on the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan. So far I am finding that if I book them separate instead of as a 14 day it only a few dollars more but I think we will end up having to change cabins. How much of a pain is this? Do we have to pack and then get off the ship with our luggage wait and then get back on or can we just go to our next cabin?

Someone asked this question a few weeks ago. The cabin stewart will move you stuff on a cart to your new room. You will get off and get back on the ship. don't know how long this will take. They will issue new cruises cards and deliver them to your room a few days prior to the end of the first cruise.

And on turnaround day, if you wish you can off the ship anytime disembarkation has started if you want to. You can return (using your new cruise card) once all disembarking passengers have lefty, usually around 10 AM.

If you do not want to spend time in the port city, you will be asked to meet around 10 AM so your new cruise cards can be activated.

Above is true if you book this as one cruise or two seperate cruises.

the date is stil quite a few months away, and if you book a gurantee if you can't get the sem cabin by selecting a cabin, there is a good chance you will get assigned the same cabin. We normally do, unless we book different categories type cabins, i.e. inside then a balcony.

Very easy to change cabins though like Pam says. We usually move our own stuff though first thing and just place suitecases in closet area and clothes on the rod, takes maybe 10 minutes. But the crew is very willing to move items too.

It's not a huge pain. Put your bathroom and drawer stuff in your suitcases and leave the clothing on hangers. They'll have a trolley to move the suitcases and it has a rod for the hangers.

The 4 times we have moved to a new cabin,the room stewards left the drawers full and just brought the empty drawers back to the original cabin.Makes things a lot easier.Once we moved 1 cabin over and walked everything over using the balcony and coridor.

I am doing a B2B in November, and will be changing cabins, since my cruise buddy is not staying onboard, and for my budget, staying in the balcony cabin we have together is not an option for me.

It's good to know that the steward will help. I was dreading the idea of having to pack up everything and move it myself. I will certainly give the steward a nice tip for the assistance.

While I agree that it is not a huge problem changing cabins and the actual move doesn't take long, I vastly prefer staying in the same cabin because your last afternoon of the first leg is not disrupted by having to pack. Also, if the turnaround port is an interesting place, being able to launch out for a day trip without spending time moving luggage and unpacking again is a big plus.

It's OK either way, but staying in the same cabin avoids wasting even a few hours of your precious cruise time; having a full free day to yourself on turnaround is priceless!

We have NEVER been offered help to move our things from one cabin to the next. In fact, the last time we did it, on the Golden Princess, it took several phone calls to get the cart that would help us do it ourselves. We don't pack everything in suitcases...mostly put the clothes from shelves into suitcases and put the hanging items on the cart and then carry drawer and bathroom items in bags over several trips.

We generally contact the new cabin steward toward the end of cruise #1 and tell them we're moving over from another cabin and they agree to make cleaning our new cabin a priority. Then we notify our existing steward that we might be a bit late getting out of cabin #1 on the last morning of our first cruise.

Frankly, the stewards always seem way too busy to help us move on turnaround day.

We are looking at changing our Dec cruise on the Emerald to a B2B on the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan. So far I am finding that if I book them separate instead of as a 14 day it only a few dollars more but I think we will end up having to change cabins. How much of a pain is this? Do we have to pack and then get off the ship with our luggage wait and then get back on or can we just go to our next cabin?

If I understand you correctly you can book as a single 14 day cruise and it is cheaper than two 7 day cruises. Why don't you do that then you will not have to change cabins?

The "help" our steward provided wqas to show up with the rolling rack. We had to re-pack everything and unpack again. I wouldn't do a B2B if I had to change cabins.

WOW!!! I would do quite a bit to be able to do a b2b. Heck, I would do alot just to get one cruise:eek:! I did a b2b last year and had to move cabins. The new room steward was no help, but I was so excited, I would have offered to clean the cabin myself!! Different strokes for different folks! :)No offense, just a difference of opinion here.

Janet

If I understand you correctly you can book as a single 14 day cruise and it is cheaper than two 7 day cruises. Why don't you do that then you will not have to change cabins?

If you're counting number of cruises (verses days) 2 cruises gets you closer to your next level (Platinum or Elite). If I had booked my B2B as two instead of one, I would now be Elite:(:(:(

I was going to book it as 2 cruises to get the extra cruise credits but I was just thinking about this and I may just book it as the 14 day because we each have a future cruise credit we had applied towards the emerald cruise we are currently booked on. If we book it as two 7 days then we will loose OBC so I think I will book it as the 14 day so we get the bigger OBC and I guess it will just take us longer to get to Platinum level :)

The "help" our steward provided wqas to show up with the rolling rack. We had to re-pack everything and unpack again. I wouldn't do a B2B if I had to change cabins.

Seems like a pretty small price to pay to stay on for another cruise.

I was going to book it as 2 cruises to get the extra cruise credits but I was just thinking about this and I may just book it as the 14 day because we each have a future cruise credit we had applied towards the emerald cruise we are currently booked on. If we book it as two 7 days then we will loose OBC so I think I will book it as the 14 day so we get the bigger OBC and I guess it will just take us longer to get to Platinum level :)

There are so many variables for each of us to decide about which way works best for each of us. :)

We learned our lesson the hard way to keep enough FCCs when we lost out on $300 of OBC. :o

For us, we overcame the 10% discount from booking a future cruise as one cruise with enough military, shareholder, fcc, & TA OBCs on our b2b cruises which isn't always the case. ;)

The "help" our steward provided was to show up with the rolling rack. We had to re-pack everything and unpack again. I wouldn't do a B2B if I had to change cabins.

The help we received was always to move everything while we were on shore for the day.

Maybe we just got an unhelpful steward.

As much as I enjoy cruising, I also feel that I give up some of the things I like about other types of vacations for the privilege of not having to pack and re-pack. If I have to do that, then I'd just as soon take a different type of vacation.

Archived