Royal Caribbean has no Hurricane updates on their website??

I was just on the website and it had an update as of yesterday. Explorer leaving an hour earlier on Sunday and two others in the Caribbean that were to call on CocoCay. One staying in Nassau overnight and the other going to stay at sea another day.

The update was at the bottom of the screen in an orange box.

thanks! I usually keep the RCI site active on my computer, and when I went to their tab that says "Itinerary updates" it said, and still says, NO UPDATES. I thought that was a bit odd. I do see the update box.

just spoke with a woman who cannot get to the Explorer today as it is within the evacuation area in northern NJ.... what is one to do? She's hoping her travel insurance will cover it. Seems unlikely, if the ship is still sailing.

Hurricane season is always a gamble.....

God Bless your existence Kathy!!! I hate' date=' hate, hate facebook. There are plenty of us. Some are just to scared of the humiliation to admit their hatred. :D:)[/quote']

Why be scared and humiliated? It's not for everyone. I hate phones and Starbucks. I think they are both useless. No one else cares that I hate them. And if they do, I sure don't care. :)

thanks! I usually keep the RCI site active on my computer, and when I went to their tab that says "Itinerary updates" it said, and still says, NO UPDATES. I thought that was a bit odd. I do see the update box.

just spoke with a woman who cannot get to the Explorer today as it is within the evacuation area in northern NJ.... what is one to do? She's hoping her travel insurance will cover it. Seems unlikely, if the ship is still sailing.

Hurricane season is always a gamble.....

How can the ship still be sailing if it is in an evacuation zone. How is ANYONE going to get to it?

I fought Facebook for a long time... but then I joined and I enjoy it. For me, it's a great way to keep up our son who lives overseas, plus you can reconnect with old friends, see what they're up to.

I absolutely understand it's not for everyone, though. No hard feelings. :p

I fought Facebook for a long time... but then I joined and I enjoy it. For me, it's a great way to keep up our son who lives overseas, plus you can reconnect with old friends, see what they're up to.

Thanks!:D

How can the ship still be sailing if it is in an evacuation zone. How is ANYONE going to get to it?

I was wondering that myself. I'm curious if they would even have enough people able to work the embarkation, such as the staff that check-in passengers, porters, etc. Would they even be allowed in the area?

I was wondering that myself. I'm curious if they would even have enough people able to work the embarkation, such as the staff that check-in passengers, porters, etc. Would they even be allowed in the area?

I was wondering the same thing myself! Good question!!!

Yes, they are still allowing people to the cruiseship piers (the Manhattan and Brooklyn piers are also in evacuation zones and people have posted from there) and people are able to access the ships.

Still not a great situation though.

Althought it could be worse. Princess basically said we are still sailing, oh by the way you can't part at the pier, so figure something else out. And HAL brought a ship back in early but isn't sailing back out tonight - they are planning at staying at the pier with passengers onboard throughout the storm. Seems like all the cruiselines aren't thinking this week.

You are on it for the "right" reason Langely. In quotes, because right is subjective. It's the people, like my wife who post random thoughts about things no one should know or care about is one of the reasons I stay away. That and avoiding anyone I went to high school with 15 years ago.

Archived