Travel agent got me a deal!

slk230red

My travel agent just called me and told me that she could get me an Aqua Class stateroom for $220 less per person than the Balcony cabin I had previously booked on the Equinox 10 day Ultimate Caribbean cruise.

I'm so happy that she watches for these price reductions for me.

Yup...we started looking last year at this time and scored the 10 Day Ultimate AQ for less than the CC balcony on the equinox.

Our cruise on Solstice this December just had lowered the AQ price by $400 for the two of us

I think alot of the aqua class cabins are in more undesirable areas of the ship.On my cruise next May AQ is alot,lot cheaper than my CC1 but I am in an aft and I am not giving that up.I am on the Summit and I understand aft balconies are highly regarded.Can't wait to find out.

Laura

My travel agent just called me and told me that she could get me an Aqua Class stateroom for $220 less per person than the Balcony cabin I had previously booked on the Equinox 10 day Ultimate Caribbean cruise.

Fares on Equinox (Aqua Class) dropped last week. Glad you got the new lower fare.

We have 3 cruise booked over the next 18 months. The Aqua Cass is cheaper than CC1 for each cruise.

I wonder why?

I can't imagine why, especially on Solstice class where there is NO difference between the CC categories, that CC1 lists for so high. It seems ridiculous to me. It's the same on my Silhouette cruise- CC1 was about $1000 more than AQ and even more than that over CC2.

Seriously, who would even consider a CC1 for ~$1500+ more than a CC2 when the only difference is location? That seems like flushing your money down the toilet but I guess some people must do it or CC1 wouldn't consistently be so high.

Just checked our sailing on Feb 3rd. Can't see any reduction. Is it only selected sailings?

I think alot of the aqua class cabins are in more undesirable areas of the ship.On my cruise next May AQ is alot,lot cheaper than my CC1 but I am in an aft and I am not giving that up.I am on the Summit and I understand aft balconies are highly regarded.Can't wait to find out.

Laura

Laura, we are kinda in the same situation only on the Millennium in June. After booking our CC1 aft I saw the AQ at a cheaper price and wondered if I should change. Decided not to do that. This will be our first aft and looking forward to all the good things I have heard about these cabins.

Enjoy your aft.

Karen

Just checked our sailing on Feb 3rd. Can't see any reduction. Is it only selected sailings?

Just checked with my travel agent for you. She found Feb. 24 and March 16 have Aqua Class discounts and Concierge discounts. Nothing for Feb. 3.

Looks as thou the three Eastern (10 day) Caribbean Sailings after 2/3/12 had the fare reduction on Staterooms. We are booked in Concierge Class 3 and the fare was reduced saving us about $400 for the cabin.

The fares are listed on the Celebrity site for Equinox Sailings.

Laura, we are kinda in the same situation only on the Millennium in June. After booking our CC1 aft I saw the AQ at a cheaper price and wondered if I should change. Decided not to do that. This will be our first aft and looking forward to all the good things I have heard about these cabins.

Enjoy your aft.

Karen

We had an Aqua Class on the Solstice. The entire penthouse deck is where the AQ cabins are located. Forward, mid-ship, and aft.

Same deck as the Library. Wouldn't say this is undesirable!

We had an Aqua Class on the Solstice. The entire penthouse deck is where the AQ cabins are located. Forward, mid-ship, and aft.

Same deck as the Library. Wouldn't say this is undesirable!

Didn't say the location was undesirable --- just agreed that I didn't want to switch my aft for a AQ cabin. I think you are referring to the other poster's comment.

"Originally Posted by Laurab23 View Post

I think alot of the aqua class cabins are in more undesirable areas of the ship.On my cruise next May AQ is alot,lot cheaper than my CC1 but I am in an aft and I am not giving that up.I am on the Summit and I understand aft balconies are highly regarded.Can't wait to find out."

Laura

Karen

Wow...I can't find those deals anywhere and I'm ready to book...any names of the travel agents would be appreciated!!:)

I see that you're new to Cruise Critic and wish to welcome you. Sorry,names of agents cannot be posted on the Board.

Enjoy your aft.

Karen

Karen,enjoy yours too.

Enjoy your aft.

Karen

I didn't think there were any AQ cabins on the M-class. I believe Infinity is going to get some in dry dock, but there sure weren't any in April when we were on it.

On the S-class, I think the C1 cabins are all aft and some people really love them. The aft C1's are fantastic on the M-class with HUGE balconies. But on the S-class they have standard balconies and are totally uncovered except for the C1's on the resort deck. The C2 hump cabins all have larger balconies (some of them are really big) and are a real bargain. I expect some of them to change to C1 in the future.

I didn't think there were any AQ cabins on the M-class. I believe Infinity is going to get some in dry dock, but there sure weren't any in April when we were on it.

On the S-class, I think the C1 cabins are all aft and some people really love them. The aft C1's are fantastic on the M-class with HUGE balconies. But on the S-class they have standard balconies and are totally uncovered except for the C1's on the resort deck. The C2 hump cabins all have larger balconies (some of them are really big) and are a real bargain. I expect some of them to change to C1 in the future.

Believe you are correct in there are no AQ on the M Class ships.

Sailing the Silhouette on Nov. 6, 2011, Aqua Class, and the price dropped by $300 pp for "seniors." Very upset that we cannot even get a shipboard credit, let alone credit to credit card, as we paid in full 2 wks. ago. This is for new bookings only, and if we cancel and rebook, we will lose $450 pp deposit!

Believe you are correct in there are no AQ on the M Class ships.

Starting with the Solticization of Infinity this year and continuing with the remainder all M Class will be getting AQ - some cabins will be former CC refurbished but the area on the top deck aft which is where the Fun Factory is now will is being rebuilt into an AQ deck. Blu will be built in the port aft side of the upper level of the MDR. These changes are on the Celebrity deck plans to see if you choose the dates after the Solticization of each ship - Constellation didn't add AQ when she did the S but supposedly will be done after the other three.

See this quote below: :)

Starting with the Solticization of Infinity this year and continuing with the remainder all M Class will be getting AQ - some cabins will be former CC refurbished but the area on the top deck aft which is where the Fun Factory is now will is being rebuilt into an AQ deck. Blu will be built in the port aft side of the upper level of the MDR. These changes are on the Celebrity deck plans to see if you choose the dates after the Solticization of each ship - Constellation didn't add AQ when she did the S but supposedly will be done after the other three.

Karen

Archived