Christmas Week Cruise Debate - Need Advice

Sueil33

Hi

My husband and I are looking for advice on the best Christmas cruise options. We are looking at three options - Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Sun or Ruby Princess. Obviously they come with different itineraries and $$ but overall experience is the biggest question right now.

Our last 2 cruises were with Disney and we love the service and the beauty of the ships - we don't have kids though so a Christmas Disney cruise seemed like it would be a little too family focused for us.

We love great food, entertainment and the extra touches that make you feel pampered when you are on vacation.

Any thoughts for the board members?

We have close family members (all adults) who cruised on the Epic last Christmas week, and by all reports they had a good time. I think the Epic's large selection of specialty restaurants is very useful for being able to get away from the hordes of children that will be on a Christmas week cruise because they will allow you to have a quieter dinner than might be possible in the MDRs. (I have nothing against children...but on a holiday cruise the ships can get very crowded and noisy from all the kids on board.)

The Epic is a wonderful ship with so many things to do. With the entertainment (Blue Man, Second City, Cirque, the magician, and Legends) there's always something to do. There is tons of dining options and specialty dining. We enjoyed our Epic vacation and it is the best cruise I've been on to date. We wouldn't hesitate to go again (and some of our roll call already has). :)

I was on the Epic for Christmas week. It was nice and we got to watch Christmas Story in the Atrium on Christmas eve.

Epic is the ship for kids because of the slides/water park.

Consider me a kid then but I'm 61. I loved the Epic and had a great time on the water slides. The entertainment is top notch...not the normal cruise fare entertainment. Specialty dining on NCL can't be beat, especially if it is just the two of you.

I vote Epic. Have a great time no matter which cruise you choose.

I was on the Epic for Christmas week. It was nice and we got to watch Christmas Story in the Atrium on Christmas eve.

Epic is the ship for kids because of the slides/water park.

That makes me a kid too at 45 years old because my husband and I LOVED the water slides especially the Plunge (toilet bowl). A couple from our roll call that we are still friends with went on it over 50 times during their week long cruise and the staff knew them by name. They sailed the Epic again months later and the crew still remembered them. They said they think they broke a record for how many times anyone had ever went on it over and over. It's not just for kids. Actually when we were on our cruise last year, I would venture to say that there was about 80% adults compared to kids. :D

If you like entertainment and great food, Epic is for you. There are countless specialty restaurants (2 steak houses, sushi, chinese, italian, french, noodle, etc)

Even people that hated Epic stated it had the best entertainment at sea

If you like to be pampered, get a suite.

So, its too late for me to voice my love of the SUN. A nice ship, without tons of bells and whistles but lovely staff and when I was on her a great CD with Pedro Serra.

I hope you have a wonderful time on the EPIC! If you can upgrade go for the suite!!

Happy sailing.

So, its too late for me to voice my love of the SUN. A nice ship, without tons of bells and whistles but lovely staff and when I was on her a great CD with Pedro Serra.

I hope you have a wonderful time on the EPIC! If you can upgrade go for the suite!!

Happy sailing.

We're going on the Sun in January 2013 for the first time and I am very excited :)

@Sueil33 -

Do we have room for one more minority opinion? We'll have to recommend the Sun, mainly for the reasons Sauer-kraut mentioned. Our very first cruise was on the Sun, celebrating our 47th anniversary in early December 04. The ship was already decked out for Christmas and we had an aft balcony. It was magical. Wish you a peaceful journey.

Juergen (and Helen)

Via Tapatalk & iPod touch.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315616819.042315.jpg.a2264891981ee7d945066ab7e5d6497e.jpg

Archived