Hairdryers in cabin

Glammy Grammy

We're booked into a CC cabin on Solstice, and note that it mentions an extra hairdryer. Is this a conventional hand held hairdryer that you can use in your cabin as opposed to the ones that are on the wall in the bathroom? I always take my own hairdryer as the ones in the bathroom just leave me a mass of frizz - not a good look ladies, but if there is a good quality hand held one in addition it will cut down on some of my luggage weight. Thanks for any info.

In my experience the handheld ones are barely acceptable, but I am not willing to use valuable luggage space to bring my 1875 watt dryer from home! I muddle along somehow!

On our next cruise we will be in a FV on Solstice--does anyone know if you can get a handheld dryer in this cabin class?

We're booked into a CC cabin on Solstice, and note that it mentions an extra hairdryer. Is this a conventional hand held hairdryer that you can use in your cabin as opposed to the ones that are on the wall in the bathroom? I always take my own hairdryer as the ones in the bathroom just leave me a mass of frizz - not a good look ladies, but if there is a good quality hand held one in addition it will cut down on some of my luggage weight. Thanks for any info.

The one I had in a CC room on Solstice that was stored in the cupboard above the refrigerator didn't look like the one in the picture u2cruiser posted. It was black, had two speeds with a switch you didn't need to keep depressed and it was pretty powerful.

Phil

The one I had in a CC room on Solstice that was stored in the cupboard above the refrigerator didn't look like the one in the picture u2cruiser posted. It was black, had two speeds with a switch you didn't need to keep depressed and it was pretty powerful.

Phil

Ah yes, sorry, I should have added that it was in a regular balcony cabin.

Last year we were in a CC cabin on the Equinox. I was really disappointed in the hair dryer kept in the cabin. Actually this was the only complaint I had. This year we are sailing on the Silhouette and will be driving to NJ so we will not be worrying about luggage, thankfully. I will definitely bring my own.

A tip I gleaned from this board is to wrap a rubberband around the button that keeps the hairdryer blowing. It sure makes styling easier!

Interesting! I missed that one. Can you actually get the rubber band tight enough to keep the hairdryer going? Of course, then I'd have to remember to bring the odd rubber band or two. :D

In my experience the handheld ones are barely acceptable, but I am not willing to use valuable luggage space to bring my 1875 watt dryer from home! I muddle along somehow!

On our next cruise we will be in a FV on Solstice--does anyone know if you can get a handheld dryer in this cabin class?

Only in the bathroom attached to the wall, but I am sure if you asked your room steward he may be able to get one for you.

A tip I gleaned from this board is to wrap a rubberband around the button that keeps the hairdryer blowing. It sure makes styling easier!

I'll remember that for next time thanks. :)

Whoever thought holding the button in for 15 mins was a good idea? :confused:

We were on Equinox in a CC cabin in June. We they provided two hair dryers, one was push button, one had a regular switch. They were not the most powerful but they did work. The push button ones are a pain, literally, especially if you have long, thick hair like my DW. Remember you can always ask your steward for a different dryer, especially if the whole push button thing is an issue.

Has anyone had a problem with the dryers overheating? I have this trouble with the hotel ones so I was considering bringing my own. Normally it takes 10 minutes to blow out my short thin hair...the hotel ones overheat on very stroke of hair and take me 30 minutes or so.:mad:

Archived