Slept through the security briefing

rae.holmes

I am not saying its right but in the past we've always hid so we didnt have to do the cattle call. So i've never done one, so this time when we took my sister i made a big deal about it and we were going to do it!!

but we feel asleep.. i remember our door opening but i was so tired that i didnt care to figure out who it was! who it was, was carnival staff checking the rooms for people but saw us asleep and left us alone.. i sorta love that guy now..

anyone else had a experience like this!?

I am not saying its right but in the past we've always hid so we didnt have to do the cattle call. So i've never done one, so this time when we took my sister i made a big deal about it and we were going to do it!!

but we feel asleep.. i remember our door opening but i was so tired that i didnt care to figure out who it was! who it was, was carnival staff checking the rooms for people but saw us asleep and left us alone.. i sorta love that guy now..

Uh oh! I think you should be prepared with a flame retardent suit for this one!:p

• Haha 1

We accidentally missed one on our Fantasy cruise a few years ago. We were in a suite and had invited a couple of people from our roll call up to our cabin before we were due to leave. Both brought a bottle of champagne to the room.... so we each had a glass or two and visited with each other. I heard the first call and commented that we would go after they made a final call.... but they never made the final call! So we stayed in our cabin and waited until it was over with... :rolleyes:

No one checked our cabin.

On our first cruise we didn't hear the anouncement at all although we ere waiting for it. No one came for us either! Luckily nothing happened!

Yeah, luckily nothing happened. Sometimes it does. Don't ask me where to go or what to do. I'll be too busy getting to my muster station.:cool:

If you choose to or accidentally miss it I would at least make it a priority to note your station and where you should go just in case something should happen...

It's printed on your sail and sign card now.....

Edited by MissDiva1

On our last cruise, my DH wasn't feeling well and fell asleep in the cabin. My MIL, SIL and I all went to the drill and didn't know until after that he missed it. There was a note in our mailbox telling him where to go in case of emergency

On our first cruise, we stood in a storm for over an hour while every last passenger on board was rounded up and forcibly dragged to the muster drill per the Coast Guard officers who were conducting an inspection. I would not want to create that situation.

That being said, with the current briefing, you really do not miss much.:p

Doc

We almost missed ours. We were out on our balcony and didn't hear the first announcement. As we went to leave the room a lady yelled as us to get to our station. When we arrived we sat around not talking and then were dragged up to the deck where they talked but we couldn't hear. Then they let us go.

not flameing but for me the muster drill is a must ,because i travel with my 12 year old and i want to know where to take him if there is an emergency.......i work for an utility company and our drill changes consistly.....god forbid...they give out information that you not going to get in the event of a ............... (u fill in the blank)

We've never missed a muster drill, but on one cruise we flew in the day of, had cruise line transportation and got to the ship so late that they were all going to the muster drill when we arrived. We went to our cabins, grabbed our life vests (you had to wear them, then) and hurried off to the drill. They used to check you in and call off cabin numbers if people had not checked in. On our last RCI cruise on the Allure of the Seas, they scanned our cards with a hand scanner. I guess that is so they can let people who did not show up know where they are supposed to go in case of an emergency, or maybe to track them down! ;)

I don't necessarily have strong feelings either way about others attending the muster drill. For me, it really marks the beginning of cruise. I have a picture of the muster drill from every cruise I have been on. I am grateful that we don't have to drag our life jackets with us anymore. :)

It might sound weird, but the muster drill always gives me the feeling of kicking off the cruise - like "I'm at the muster drill - my cruise is finally happening". I'm also a rule follower in general anyway. If I ever missed it - that would be the cruise where something went wrong. It's painless...hiding out to avoid it just doesn't seem to make any sense.

• Like 2

Based on my experience this summer on RCCL's Mariner, they actually took role call by muster station.

I have no idea what happened to those who did not check in. Maybe RC clients are more valuable to RCCL then Carnival's are to it.:D

Some people figure they can swim it back to shore if the boat goes down. Afterall, as a cruise director once said, "during your cruise you will never be more than 5 miles away from land...straight down." Personally I want to know which orange bobber I'm going to be on.

• Like 1

I don't necessarily have strong feelings either way about others attending the muster drill. For me, it really marks the beginning of cruise. I have a picture of the muster drill from every cruise I have been on. I am grateful that we don't have to drag our life jackets with us anymore. :)

cool - the photo we use from the first muster drill

We've gone to it on both of our cruises and will on the next two cruises we have planned. However, I have panic attacks in large groups of people and last time we got there right after they called it. I was in the row right against the wall with a ton of people in front of me. I started freaking out a bit and hyperventilating. Next time will wait till the majority of people go in so I can be in the front. Really started my cruise off badly. I just couldn't believe how many people they packed into such a small place. My poor DH. He knew what was going to happen when they kept putting people in front of us.:(