Out of Service List of Dates for 2012 (Charters, Dry Docks, and groups)

trvlcrzy

Found another group onboard Noordam for May 2012..of course, lucky me, it's on the cruise I am on :mad:

Medical Drugs/Dentistry, Pain Control/Analgesics, Use/Abuse of Antibiotics

Location: Mediterranean 10 day cruise aboard the Holland America ms Noordam

Friday, May 18—May 28, 2012

Please add Ryndam August 18 - 29, 2012 from Amsterdam to Barcelona, which has been chartered by Garrison Keillor's Prairie Home Companion. Cabins went on sale for prior PHC cruisers on Thursday December 1, 2011 and seem to be selling briskly - enough that my top 3 choices of cabin class sold out while I waited for a return call from the TA regarding their computer snafu!

In my experience, the doctors' groups for CME (Continuing Medical Education) are small, have a few hours of daily lectures in the smaller meeting rooms, then blend into non-group passenger crowd the rest of time

Found another group onboard Noordam for May 2012..of course, lucky me, it's on the cruise I am on :mad:

Medical Drugs/Dentistry, Pain Control/Analgesics, Use/Abuse of Antibiotics

Location: Mediterranean 10 day cruise aboard the Holland America ms Noordam

Friday, May 18—May 28, 2012

You should not be mad at all, trust me every single sailing has groups, this type of group you will not even have any idea they are on board unless you happen to be seated next to one of them and start chatting and find out they are in the medical industry. These groups are normally small and only use the meeting rooms during sea days.

Hello all,

following this thread on page 4, post #75 I could be again in trouble with our MS Amsterdam Alaska cruise next July.

We just could manage the change from our originally foreseen cruise on July 13 to the one on July 27, and now this.:(

And if one read correctly the announcement, its starts as the July 13 while just mentioning only for a one week group – instead this cruise is a two week one.

So HAL could ones more cancel all of our bookings and shoot us out.

Does someone else has information’s about it ???

G E R D

• 3 months later...

Large group is relative. We were on an Alaskan cruise with a large group of insurance company representative and had a ball with them. They were fun and offered help whenever they saw that someone needed help. They did take over the main dining room one night for their awards program but everyone that had the early seating was comped in the PG. I was sad to see the the Oosterdam is not scheduled for a dry dock. She is a wonderful ship but she needs a little sprucing up.

What a great service to us all!!!!! Thank you so much!!! We also vote for a sticky with this format... not a long list of thread reactions and comments.

Of course, our next cruise is outside your date span.:( Any chance on information about the Noordam Southern Caribbean 7 Jan 2013 embarkation.

Thanks in Advance!

Denny (& Karen) :rolleyes::)

• 3 weeks later...

Maasdam - January 4-18, 2013 http://www.jazzsea.com/

I always assumed that groups only did 7-day cruisers and thought I was safe to book a quiet 14-day cruise. I am booked on this 14-day cruise and am now worried that the ship's areas will be overtaken by this group. I love the Crow's Nest for a pre-dinner and after-dinner drinks and reading during the day. I would not like it at all if these areas were not open to all pax. They have a lot of groups performing.

Has anyone sailed with this group on board?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The list above is still showing a scheduled dry dock for the Zaandam Oct 9-23, 2012, however we have booked a 14 day Vancouver - Mexico - Vancouver cruise for the same dates, which our TA said was recently announced. Looks like they canceled the dry dock for some reason.

Here's a headstart on 2013: Atlantis has the Oosterdam chartered February 20 - March 3, 2013 for an Auckland to Sydney Mardi Gras Cruise.

Thank you for providing this very helpful information.

The list above is still showing a scheduled dry dock for the Zaandam Oct 9-23, 2012, however we have booked a 14 day Vancouver - Mexico - Vancouver cruise for the same dates, which our TA said was recently announced. Looks like they canceled the dry dock for some reason.

This may be, but I am still showing the dry dock in the most recent file I received. I received the file May 25, 2012, but the last "update" date listed is in November 2011. Any newer announcements aren't yet included in my newest version.

We also have info from another CC'er related to a December dry dock for the Oosterdam that is not yet showing in the HAL calendar file.

To all, please feel free to share any news of this type that you know. Do not assume that I have up-to-date info since mine is based on an older file.

I have been looking at HAL's 2013 cruises and thought I would pass on some information I have found (and some queries) in case they might help when putting together details for 2013

In addition to the 2013 information in post #75

DRY DOCKS

Noordam - 9th to 17th February 2013

CHARTERS

Eurodam - 9th to 16th February 2013- RSVP New Orleans Mardi Gras cruise.

Westerdam - 10th to 17th February 2013 - Gertrude Byrne Irish Cruise

I have also noticed these gaps in HAL’s schedule. These may be charters or dry dock. I don’t know if anyone can fill these gaps.

Statendam – 5th to 17th January 2013

Eurodam – 6th to 18th January 2013

N Amsterdam – 21st to 26th January 2013

N Amsterdam – 22nd to 29th April 2013

Noordam – 29th June to 23rd July 2013

Zaandam – 16th September to 17th October 2013

Maasdam – 19th to 24th October 2013

Thank you for publishing this list. It is very helpful.

• 1 month later...

Archived