Must try food on NCL?

michelle028

I have to reccommend the Chilled Fruit soups on NCL. I never was much of a soup eater, let alone chilled or fruit soups, until I tried them on NCL. Now I am hooked. They have different ones throughout the cruise. Wonderful.

Also like NCL's Ceasar Salads. Not sure why, they are like any other Cesar Salad, just have good taste.

...there are some items a lot of people rave about and a similar number write in to say they were not impressed, but why not try for yourself?

Pretzel bread/rolls in the buffet

Wings in the Blue Lagoon

Cream of Mushroom soup in Le Bistro

Chocolate fondue in Le Bistro

Shrimp Cocktail in Cagney's

:D

The desserts on NCL aren't the greatest. I haven't eaten in any of the upcharge restaurants so I can't comment on them there. BUT! The bread pudding in the buffet is really really good. One night they had chocolate bread pudding ...ooh so good!

I agree, the chilled soups are good as well, although when I sailed last Oct. they were only offered in the buffet. So you might want to check out the buffet menu before making up your mind where you want to eat.

Just an aside: One of the MDR's will be open for lunch every day, even embarkation day.

teriyaki chicken skewers which use to be the appetizer and now i see on the new menus that it is an entree--which we always made it into...they were to good to just have a few.....lol...

pretzel rolls in the buffet, but i found that i liked the cheese rolls in the mdr just as much-- wish they had them every nite:D

my go to meal is chicken breast with baked potato--that always tastes good along with the ceasar salad (i only eat on NCL)

Turkey Burger (every ship if they are not offered-the chef has been happy to make them)--hubby LOVES usually Great Outdoors or outside grill.

chicken strips/wings at the Blue Lagoon (Sports Bar on the Sun)

My two favorite desserts are the creme brulee with the chocolate ganache which on our last cruise to Hawaii on POA the waiter in the Italian restaurant, advised was only available in the MDR. I mentioned it was my FAVORITE, and he send someone and brought me back not 1 but 2! (Saved one for a late night snack.) Wonderful service!!

And my other favorite is the made to order crepes that are on the buffet and made to order. Spirit did them the best with sliced bananas, whipped creme and a drizzle of chocolate. I hope the Gem has them too!

Enjoy.. try new things too!

Made to order ANYTHING; crepes, omelets, pasta, waffles, etc. in the buffet.

The smoked salmon and fixings at the breakfast buffet.

The little tea sandwiches at lunch, variety of desserts and cheeses, and the pretzel rolls.

Creme brullee, cookies, and bread pudding.

We like Cagney's, the Italian, and Blue Lagoon but love the Asian restaurant the best.

I have to reccommend the Chilled Fruit soups on NCL.

Agreed! I had the granny apple smith bisque with walnuts, it was amazing! I wish the bowl would have been bigger! I also loved the truffle fries from Cagney's, the creme brulee from Le Bistro was really good, pretzel rolls from the buffet are also yum-o, and all the fresh baked breakfast pastries are also really good.

Enjoy :)

My husband loved the salad bar on the Jewel in the buffet. Everything was fresh and there were many options.

Also the pretzel rolls & bread pudding were delicious. They have a soft serve ice cream machine where my husband would take my thermal mug, fill it with ice cream and then hot coffee. Yum!:D

We were able to have breakfast & lunch in Cagney's (as a Suite perk) and we had the shrimp cocktail every day.

My favorite was the Italian Specialty Restaurant, Mama's Italian. We ate there 3 times on our cruise & I wish I fit it in more. Loved their Roasted Chicken Pizza, Spaghetti Carbonara & the Tiramisu.

We loved the Blue Lagoon for wings & fries, the chicken sandwich and brownie sundae.

There are so many places to eat and so many choices that you will find lots of favorites by the end of your cruise.

Try everything and if you don't like it, try something else.

Have fun!

Hi everyone,

First time on NCL. Is there a must eat dinner/dessert that you strongly recommend?

Does NCL have a special signature food like the Chocolate melting cake on Carnival?

Thanks for your replies:)

Must..try..anything...you've never had.

At the morning breakfast buffet, go to the fresh fruit section and get a small plate of cottage cheese. Take it to the omelette station and have the short order chef make an omelette with your choice of vegetables or not.

It is a power packed breakfast with plenty of proteins. Also, I eat a combination of museli with milk and a box of fiber one or raisin bran-plenty of fiber for the rest of the day.

Archived