Hotel in Paris

Jancruz

Here is the name of the restaurant I mentioned in my previous post.

Le Florimond

19, Avenue de la Motte-Picquet

75007 Paris

www.leflorimond.com

Currently #22 on Trip Advisor out of 6400 Paris restaurants. Reservations definitely necessary.

Joe

Thanks for the recommendation, Joe. That €35 prix fixe looks marvelous.

I will reciprocate with our favorite place, although I haven't been there in a long time (we hope to go back in April). These are my notes from our first visit many years ago:

Wonderful dinner at Les’ recommended bistro, Astier in the 11th Arrondisement (44 Rue Jean Pierre Timbaud, 01 43 5716 35; closed Saturdays and Sundays!)

The métro stop is Parmentier. We were practically the only Americans there. Wine cost as much as the meal so we just each had a glass of white wine: I couldn’t get red wine by the glass, only by the bottle!

Mura

P.S. I just checked and L'Astier now lets you make reservations online: http://restaurant-astier.com/

On our previous visits the waiters didn't seem to speak much English, but the website says they are bilingual ... I guess we'll see about that.

And that is one of the places we ate during our week in Paris at Hotel Muguet in 2007, probably located three minutes from our hotel.

I agree; very good food. (And so Parisian: one lady had her small dog sitting quietly beside her in a fashionable bag during her entire meal with her friend.)

Hi Pam - We were there in 2007 as well.... :D

Joe

Thanks for the recommendation, Joe. That €35 prix fixe looks marvelous.

I will reciprocate with our favorite place, although I haven't been there in a long time (we hope to go back in April). These are my notes from our first visit many years ago:

Wonderful dinner at Les’ recommended bistro, Astier in the 11th Arrondisement (44 Rue Jean Pierre Timbaud, 01 43 5716 35; closed Saturdays and Sundays!)

The métro stop is Parmentier. We were practically the only Americans there. Wine cost as much as the meal so we just each had a glass of white wine: I couldn’t get red wine by the glass, only by the bottle!

Mura

P.S. I just checked and L'Astier now lets you make reservations online: http://restaurant-astier.com/

On our previous visits the waiters didn't seem to speak much English, but the website says they are bilingual ... I guess we'll see about that.

Thanks Mura. Looks lovely - of course it has to be with all those happy piggies! Not sure when we'll be back in Paris. We are off to Rome in November, then a TA on Celebrity. Seriously considering the transpacific on Celebrity in April 2013.....

Joe

Hi everyone,

After checking all the hotels you gave to me..and searching through Trip Advisor I chose a hotel called Le Senat. It is a little higher than Hotel du Champs and much lower in price then most of the hotels you all suggested. It is number 69 on trip advisor and I went for a mini suit (which I am sure is mini according to the reviews) at $331 per night. I saw lots of hotels you sent me that I loved but most were really up there in price.

If anyone has stayed here please let me know what you think..

Thsnks so much for exverything..

Jancruz1

I use the Starwood Amex card for almost all charges and they give you anywhere from 10000-25000 points just for getting the card. Almost all cities have Sheratons, Westins, W Hotels, just to name a few in the program and they require anywhere from 2000 points (probably for their notell motels) ranging to 25000 points a night for great hotels. We stayed at the Westin St Francis for 6 nights before our Alaska cruise and it was 10000 points a night, and the last night cost no points. We haven't had to pay for a hotel stay in quite a while.

I use the Starwood Amex card for almost all charges and they give you anywhere from 10000-25000 points just for getting the card. Almost all cities have Sheratons, Westins, W Hotels, just to name a few in the program and they require anywhere from 2000 points (probably for their notell motels) ranging to 25000 points a night for great hotels. We stayed at the Westin St Francis for 6 nights before our Alaska cruise and it was 10000 points a night, and the last night cost no points. We haven't had to pay for a hotel stay in quite a while.

Thanks Benits, I have applied for a Marriott card and they are giving 6 nights but I have to get it first..so I will let you know..

Jancruz1

Thanks Benits, I have applied for a Marriott card and they are giving 6 nights but I have to get it first..so I will let you know..

Jancruz1

Jan,

I have a much better offer for you. If you get the Chase Hyatt card, after first purchase (no Minimum spending amount required), you get TWO free nights at any Hyatt in the world (as long as they have standard rooms for booking). You do the same for Stu and you have FOUR free nights anywhere; plus 1 free cat 4 Hyatt every year and Platinum status with the card.

In Paris that would be worth well over $800/ night - not a bad deal?. We just booked 2 nights at Park Hyatt Sydney for same promotion (also in that price range).

Caveat - free night certificat has to be used within 1 year of issue. So, if your stay is more than a year away, get the card but do not use it until 1 year to needed stay.

Jan,

I have a much better offer for you. If you get the Chase Hyatt card, after first purchase (no Minimum spending amount required), you get TWO free nights at any Hyatt in the world (as long as they have standard rooms for booking). You do the same for Stu and you have FOUR free nights anywhere; plus 1 free cat 4 Hyatt every year and Platinum status with the card.

In Paris that would be worth well over $800/ night - not a bad deal?. We just booked 2 nights at Park Hyatt Sydney for same promotion (also in that price range).

Caveat - free night certificat has to be used within 1 year of issue. So, if your stay is more than a year away, get the card but do not use it until 1 year to needed stay.

Hi Paul,

OK..I applied on line for the Hyatt Chase card..I will see when I get them both which hotel is easier to book..Thanks for the info..I am going on a Viking cruise in France and end up in Paris in April..Hmmm that would make a great song!!(maybe I will see Gene Kelly)

Jancruz1

Hi Jan,

I have so many all time favorite hotels for Paris, but the

one I go back to over and over just like our Colon ;-) is

Hotel Splendide Etoille ( it is reach out and touching the Arc de Triomphe)..and absolutely wonderful !!!

They usually have great packages so check that.

Archived