Captain's Welcome Back Reception

aggieland03

I'll be on the Allure in a couple weeks. As a C&A member, I'll be wanting to attend the Captain's Welcome Back Reception. DW isn't a member - her first cruise on Royal. Will she be allowed into the reception as my +1 or do I have to leave her at Sorrentos or something? ;)

In other words, are they going to be jerks about C&A membership when it's your spouse?

I'll be on the Allure in a couple weeks. As a C&A member, I'll be wanting to attend the Captain's Welcome Back Reception. DW isn't a member - her first cruise on Royal. Will she be allowed into the reception as my +1 or do I have to leave her at Sorrentos or something? ;)

In other words, are they going to be jerks about C&A membership when it's your spouse?

You would leave your wife at Sorrento's while you attend the party. Probably not a good idea!:)

In any case, you should have no problem getting her in and a happier marriage!

A trip to see the LA onboard (or a phone call before your cruise) should get your DW to the same status with you, but don't worry! You'll get a card in your room inviting you to the past guest party, and when you go to the party (as a couple) you can just hand them the card. They don't really check who's who or who's with whom - they just collect the invitations at the door as you enter the party.

they just collect the invitations at the door as you enter the party.

Is that an Allure thing or fleetwide? We've never handed them anything - just flashed the invite card as we walked in. Actually we got invite for "welcome back" in our cabin on our first cruise so we went ahead and used it. :D

- they just collect the invitations at the door as you enter the party.

This has been our experience on all cruises where we attended the C&A Welcome Back reception. However, if the person collecting reads it, they will see it is for a designated person or couple.

But if you don't drink champagne, they charge you! I only drink wine, so it was pay for the wine or drink water.

We've never bothered going, seems like there's always been something we'd rather be doing than take the time out of our day just for a free drink and some cheesy snacks:rolleyes:

We've never bothered going, seems like there's always been something we'd rather be doing than take the time out of our day just for a free drink and some cheesy snacks:rolleyes:

We never go either, I think the invite comes with a note about dress code for the event. I can't wear shorts and flip flops I don't want to go.

Perhaps I am getting ships confused, but I thought the Oasis class did NOT have the general C&A welcome back party.

Am I mistaken?

M

I thought that too Marci, but they had an all C&A event at the Aquatheater on our Allure cruise a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps it varies by ship and C&A numbers on a particular cruise.

They also had a Platinum and above event in the Amber theater one evening.

Bob

Your spouse (assuming you live together) should have the same C&A level as you. Since it is her first Royal cruise, you should be able to stop at the Loyalty desk together and they can start/adjust her C&A status there.

Your wife will have the same crown and anchor status you do. Call the crown and anchor desk and they will add her as a member with your status. Enjoy your cruise.

Your spouse can not have C&A status until after her first completed cruise. However, since she is already on the ship, she obviously is going to complete a cruise. So, go to the Loyalty Ambassador's desk and ask to have her enrolled. At that time, she will have the same status as you.

Glad to see that there is now a party on some (maybe all) Oasis class ships or sailings. Glad to see a change for the benefit of passengers. Who is surprised that this is contrary to the RCCL website which indicates the following?

"......2 Member-Only Welcome Back Party and Dinner with an Officer available only on cruise vacations of 7 nights or longer. The Welcome Back Party excludes Oasis of the Seas® and Allure of the Seas® due to venue capacity."

To the OP - you will have NO problem bringing your spouse. Enjoy!

M

This past March on my honeymoon we went on the Voyager OTS and received the invite for the Welcome Back Reception in Cleopatra's Needle, we attended and had free champagne, free red or white wine, mimosas (I think) and punch offered free of charge. There was also the free champagne getting handed out like crazy in the Promenade, we decided to sit in the Pig & Whistle to avoid the crazies trying to get free glass after free glass, but since we were in there they handed us one or two since that's were the servers were pouring the glasses :D Anyhoo, we did get to enjoy the free drinks, but my question is this, are children allowed at the C&A Welcome Back Reception? I cannot remember if there were children on the Voyager to save my life! lol We are saailing on Mariner OTS March 2012 and I was just curious. Thank you!

Archived