Can you get just wine glasses?

krissyj89

I would like to bring a bottle of wine on board (following Carnival policy), but I dunno where I would get the cups. Any kind of cups would be fine, but actual wine glasses would be wonderful.

Will the room already have plastic cups like some hotels do? Or could we go to the buffet areas and just take a couple?

Would room service bring up just the cups?

Thanks from a newbie!

I would like to bring a bottle of wine on board (following Carnival policy), but I dunno where I would get the cups. Any kind of cups would be fine, but actual wine glasses would be wonderful.

Will the room already have plastic cups like some hotels do? Or could we go to the buffet areas and just take a couple?

Would room service bring up just the cups?

Thanks from a newbie!

Just ask the cabin steward for glasses and ice if you need it.

DON

Just ask your room steward and he/she should deliver them to your room in short order. That is part of what your gratuity covers, things like that.

We have always had glasses (wine or drinking) brought to our room with no problem.

Room stewards can take a while. I just go to the nearest bar & get them myself. If I think it will be a particularly long walk back to my cabin & bottle, I may have at least one of the wine glasses filled to sustain me on my on long trek. :D

You can ask for and get wine glasses at any bar on the ship. If the bar is on an outside deck, they will be plastic, inside bar, glass. I don't know if your steward will replace them with clean glasses so I just rinse/wash them and put them on shelve in closet.

You can get ice if you run out at any bar or in the buffet.

In your cabin you will have two small glass glasses in your bathroom and two glasses with your ice bucket. Sometimes these are like wine glasses and sometimes they're just bigger bathroom glasses.

If you take your bottle to the dining room you will be charged a corkage fee for opening it so I just carry my glass of wine with me going to the dinning room. Make sure you take the bottle in your carry on. Passenger told me her bottle was taken out of her checked suitcase - along with her iron, wine in her carry on was no problem. This was on Carnival.

Room stewards can take a while. I just go to the nearest bar & get them myself. If I think it will be a particularly long walk back to my cabin & bottle, I may have at least one of the wine glasses filled to sustain me on my on long trek. :D

Yes this is true if you wait until you are ready to drink your wine. But if you expect to have wine in your cabin then ask the steward the first day to please leave some glasses and replace them as used. No problem.

Also, your steward will be happy to ice down bottles on request if needed. If you know in advance you'll want this then ask him in the morning to have it ready at a certain time.

Archived