Weird Issues Raised

navybankerteacher

Why are all these strange questions/comments coming along? I have recently read a posting about whether a cruise line would let you bring home made beer aboard; another claiming that the name "Ron" indicates that a person is German; and finally, one seriously asking about getting botox treatments on a ship. Are there any other contributions to the "What are people thinking?" folder?

Why are all these strange questions/comments coming along? I have recently read a posting about whether a cruise line would let you bring home made beer aboard; another claiming that the name "Ron" indicates that a person is German; and finally, one seriously asking about getting botox treatments on a ship. Are there any other contributions to the "What are people thinking?" folder?

and NCL does/did Botox on its ships.....so it may not be a serious question to some but it actually makes some sort of sense....

remember one of the questions that is sometimes asked is "does the crew sleep on the ship"...

Being the Ron in Germany, OP if you look at this thread, message 24 and you will be enlightened:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1487008&page=2

I love weird questions and answers, breaks up the monotony of:

Do I need a passport

How can I smuggle booze onboard

Can I get a flight at 7:05 am when the ship arrives at 7:00 am

etc. etc.

Ron

remember one of the questions that is sometimes asked is "does the crew sleep on the ship"...

I am glad you brought that one up; I have often contemplated that myself. There does not appear to be any sleeping quarters for the crew according to the deck plans. I wonder if a tug boat picks them up? :confused::D

Why are all these strange questions/comments coming along? I have recently read a posting about whether a cruise line would let you bring home made beer aboard; Are there any other contributions to the "What are people thinking?" folder?

That question I believe is quite legit. It would seem to be OK.

Airlines regard ANY liquid with deep suspicion, I nearly lost a bottle of nose drops once.

Be honest. 'Could you tell the difference between, beer, whiskey, or gasoline, if all were in similar generic bottles?'

john

Don't knock the weird issues. They keep these message boards interesting and entertaining.

If not for the refreshing "strange questions/comments" that come along, just think how dull, boring and repetitive these boards would be if we only keep on recycling the same old opinions on the same old topics such as dress codes, tipping, smoking, chair hogs, etc. ;)

I am glad you brought that one up; I have often contemplated that myself. There does not appear to be any sleeping quarters for the crew according to the deck plans. I wonder if a tug boat picks them up? :confused::D

No, no, no ... they tender off & on. ;)

I seem to remember a post asking if they bring a machete. Or the guy who refused to sail without his therapy hamster (gerbil?). :confused:

Personally, I don't think I've asked anything TOO moronic. However, I refuse to go back and read over my previous posts to disprove my theory. :o

No, no, no ... they tender off & on. ;)

Nonsense.:rolleyes:

But almost right.:)

Have you noticed how deck crew are always fettling & cleaning the lifeboats?

And how they don't like stowaways hiding in them?

And have you noticed that even when there are long lines for tenders, most of the lifeboats are kept in their davits?

Ever wondered why?

Well now you know.

JB :D

I'm fine with the questions, weird or repetitive. What's odd to me is when a person asks a question, gets the true answer and doesn't like it, so the bickering begins.

Yes, but often what happens is someones asks a question, gets a good answer but others chime in with their own opinion on some other item which really was not what the OP was asking about.

For example, if someone says should I bring an umbrella to Alaska. The question is answered but then someone say I don't like umbrellas. Well, that was not the question. The question was should one take an umbrella to Alaska. The question was not does someone like umbrellas.

Many times it is not the question but the answers that get way off the mark.

Keith

I don't so much mind the "weird" questions. Some of them, I've sometimes given some thought to, but never bothered to post the question. It's interesting seeing the replies and thoughts concerning some of them. What is a bit annoying is when someone posts something like "late flight...will the ship wait?" and then as you scroll down, there's like, 25 posts taking about whether someone is German or not........what's up with that?!?!?!?!?!?!? That's just one example, but it happens over and over. If a post catches my eye, I either want to see what other folks have to say about the topic or contribute my own thoughts (about that original post) Stick to the topic of the original poster, answer their question, provide the info they are looking for.................... or start a new post!

Stick to the topic of the original poster, answer their question, provide the info they are looking for.................... or start a new post!

Why stick to the topic???????

If the OP question has been answered, then why not have some fun, with a bit of chit chat with other cruiser who are of the same mind.

Ron

I have to agree with marco on this one. I'm fairly new to cruisecritc and I'm usually looking for info or the answer to a question based on what the original post is. I've found that most threads, once there are 50-ish or more posts, if you go to the last post, more often than not, it has nothing to do with the original post....very frustrating when you have the same question and are looking for answers.

I have to agree with marco on this one. I'm fairly new to cruisecritc and I'm usually looking for info or the answer to a question based on what the original post is. I've found that most threads, once there are 50-ish or more posts, if you go to the last post, more often than not, it has nothing to do with the original post....very frustrating when you have the same question and are looking for answers.

Sort of like the game we played in grade school - whisper a sentence to the person next to you, then on down the line and the what the last person heard is nothing like what was said originally.

If you want fireworks go to the family board - someone asks if the ship has baby food on board and the next 15 people tell the OP their child should be eating table food by now.

Archived