The Wife is panicing!!!!

Archie4

We are out of New York on 11/20 on Explorer. I've told the light of my life it will be cold until at least the 2nd full sea day. Could someone kindly confirm this for me as she has me in a headlock!!!!!!;)

That is correct. Plus, the pools are not covered. You will not be able to stay on the open decks comfortably until the 2nd day.

There are inside activities to keep you busy.

We are on the same sailing! Have you registered for the Meet & Mingle as yet? Please do so as we have a large group already registered.

MARAPRINCE

I'm josing a little bit. The Mrs is actually very laid back about it all whilst I am getting worked up to a frenzy about it all!!! I've told her it will be the 2nd full sea day before she can water ski off the back of the ship lol!!!

Yes Maraprince I have signed up for the Meet & Mingle. Hope there is a free drink involved. Can I bring the Mrs along or do I duc tape her to the balcony door lol!!!!

We went on EOS in Dec. '09 and now again this year in Dec. The reason we're going this time of year is mostly because the rate is so cheap for the 12 day. Don't worry about it, this is a pretty big ship and plenty of places to walk around. I actually really enjoy watching the transition from cold to tropical. One morning you'll come out on deck and a warm, tropical breeze will make you forget about winter.

Have a great cruise!:)

Cold is only a state of mind, when you are coming from a city that will be well below freezing in February then anything above 32 will be tropical. I did a conference in Miami a few Febs ago (Superbowl weekend), people were running around in parkas, glove, hats and boots, and I was enjoying my meal on patio in shorts and a t-shirt.

007 We missed out on our usual summer Med or Red Sea holiday this year to have a go at cruising. And for us novices if you're going to cruise it has to be the Caribbean and we love NY and are fitting in some Christmas shopping at the end of the cruise. So we are probably trying to squeeze a couple of vacations into one this year and have waited for it a little longer than normal ( would usually have holiday in August early September) so we are really ready for it so watch out ship mates lol

gpmacki, your referance to what is cold for one is warm to another, reminds me of So Calif and where we live, anything under 70 and we are cold. We don't call it hot until it reaches 105.:D. We live in the So Calif Desert, 120 miles east of Los Angelas and on a cold day it might get down to 55 during the day during our winter months.:)

Archived