Help, tight tux blues.

joeyancho

If you have an iphone, download an app called "My Fitness Pal". You have to control the amount of calories going into your body.....MORE OUT than IN. ALso, start walking or jogging a few miles each day. You may be able to loose 3 - 5 lbs by the 16th if you stick to it. I have lost 30 since Aug 17th.

I tried on my tux for our Oct. 16th,2011 cruise and it just barely fit. I have one week to lose a few more pounds. Does Slimfast work? Help me!!

Maybe consider tailoring the tux to the present size you? Don't think slim fast would be effective in just a week's time.

And besides- by the time you go to wear it you will not have been on slim fast for a couple of days. So either go and get a new one, rent one, or give in to a suit or other wear. Blame it on the bloating that many people suffer from on a ship.

Every person responds differently to diets. My wife cuts out sugars, I resist (poorly) carbs. Walking and water are key to every diet. You might think you are hungry when in reality you will be fine with a large glass of water. Also wear the tux a couple times a week, at home, for the proper motivation.

That would make a great blues song-

I got that Tight Tux Blues

And don't fit in my shoes

It's just slim fast for me

dah dah dah dee dee dee

well- neither a poet or a songstress so I'll have to end it at that- perhaps others could continue?:cool:

I tried on my tux for our Oct. 16th,2011 cruise and it just barely fit. I have one week to lose a few more pounds. Does Slimfast work? Help me!!

Leave the tux and suit at home. Go with the majority and wear a shirt and a tie.

If the pants are too tight around the waist, ask your taylor to insert a piece of material at the back and ask him (or her) her to insert a stretchable elastic waist band and complete your tux with a nice cumberband. Problem solved. (speaking from too tight experience). If you can't button up your jacket, leave it open to show off your new cumberband. You'll feel and look like a million dollars.:D

Chances are that whatever you can loose in the next week will be back on you, certainly by the 2nd formal night. Weight loss that is recent comes back on VERY quickly if your not extremely careful.

My vote is to loose the stress entirely & leave the tux at home. A nice dark suit will look just as great! Don't have one? Then a dress shirt & tie will FIT RIGHT IN.. Enjoy your cruise:)

I DO fit into the tux. But it is snug. I have lost 12 pounds for this cruise, I just need a few more before I leave. Leaving it home is not an option. We will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary. I want to wear the tux I got married in to the steak house for a romantic dinner for two.. Thanks for all suggestions. I think I will try low carb for a week.

I DO fit into the tux. But it is snug. I have lost 12 pounds for this cruise, I just need a few more before I leave. Leaving it home is not an option. We will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary. I want to wear the tux I got married in to the steak house for a romantic dinner for two.. Thanks for all suggestions. I think I will try low carb for a week.

I'm doing the low carb thing too.....my formal night dress is "snug". I cruise in a week. I'd be thrilled with a 5 pound loss, even though I know by the end of the cruise I'll gain it right back. Just want to get my pic taken in the dress!!:p

Not sure if you like Caesar Salads but Ken's Steakhouse brand dressings makes a YUMMY Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing with zero carbs. I add romaine, parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper. Just no croutons. Very yummy and satsfying for lunch!!

That really is nice and don't worry about us joshing you- go for it. If it is just tight around the waist, get a big elastic band and loop it through the button hole and put both ends around the button. Not elegant but it will work and give you a bit of fudging room too. If you are wearing a a vest it will cover it. Have a lovely dinner and happy anniversary.

Archived