Brilliance of the Seas not a Favorite on Radiance?

I know there are several people who prefer the Radiance class but I typically read people specify Radiance, Jewel or Serenade. I don't recall reading a lot mentioning Brilliance.

Any clues as to why that might be?

Primarily because Brilliance does not sail from North American ports so fewer US cruisers have experienced her. While many posters are from other parts of the world the majority of people posting on these boards are from the US and cruise mostly from US ports. Brilliance will be coming across the Atlantic in the Fall of 2012 to do a series of round trip cruises out of Québec City before heading down to the Caribbean to take over the Serenade's itineraries. When that happens you will probably see a dramatic increase in posts about Brilliance. We did our first transatlantic cruise in 2002 on Brilliance of the Seas (7 nights from Harwich, UK to Boston, MA with no ports of call in between) and it was marvelous. We later did a couple of longer Caribbean cruises on her out of Florida and loved her almost as much as we now love Jewel of the Seas.:)

I think baggal's assessment sums it up in a nutshell. There are probably fewer people contributing to this board who are sailing the Brilliance now. Sailed on the BOS when she was on this side of the pond 3 consecutive times, made a fan out of me and for all the Radiance class ships. Sailed on all of them at least once:)! She will be returning over here in the Fall of 2012.

I have been twice on Jewel, once on Serenade, and once on Brilliance. My impression was that the crew on Jewel and Serenade, seemed to be more happy with their job on board. It was a different atmosphere on board Brilliance. I don't know if it was that we had 6 days of rain in a 8 day cruise, but I still would say Brilliance was not the best of the 3 radiance class ships I have cruised on. And if the main dining room had been a restaurant ashore, I would have walked out again, because the peach coloured chairs were so dirty, stains all over every chair. This was about 3 years ago, so it might not be the case anymore. And I have booked Brilliance again, december 2012, not because of the ship, but the cruise destination, -southern caribbean.

We did an Eastern Med cruise on the Brilliance in the fall of 2007 and liked it.

Villafranche

2232156150096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

We are now booked for the B2B on her as she repos in Oct 2012 from Quebec City to San Juan thru Cape Liberty. That will be some contrast, Canada in late October to Puerto Rico in early November.

We have sailed on the Jewel twice and love the radiance class. So we booked a B2B on the Brilliance. We will be on the cruise that leaves from Cape Liberty. Our turnaround day will be in San Juan. There are 10 of us in our group. Can't wait.

Judi :)

We loved Brilliance, she was our introduction to Radiance class. We would say it was at least equal to Jewel and Radiance. Food, crew, decor, loved it all. First time I saw a food demo in the atrium, which was great. People lined the stairs and balconies all the way up.

I've seen them since, but none as much fun as that one.

We cruised on Brilliance 18 times: we love that ship; we did 3 med cruises, also; then we decided to stay local; Now we cruise mostly on Oasis, but when we heard that she was coming back to the states, we booked 4 cruises: scandinavia and TA, Sept 2012 (B2B) and from SJ in Dec 2012 (B2B)

Cant wait: some of the crew members still on the ship and we cant wait to see them again.....

Last time we cruised on her was Nov 2009, so really dont know if anything is changed, beside the dinnerware, and tableware and some furniture and carpet, due to the BIGWAVE, a year or so ago!!! We will see next Sept..... Cant wait:D

We've sailed Brilliance twice from Miami, one 11 day and one 12 day, deep southern Caribbean and Panama. Loved her, our fav Radiance class. On her again for TA next September. She's just not well known here in the states.

Rick and Deirdra

We've been on the Brilliance and the Jewel. Both lovely ships. I like the SeaView Cafe, the outdoor seating near the WJ and all of the glass. They are "just the right size" and make for enjoyable cruises.

When you mentioned the SeaView Cafe, the Brilliance was the only one of the Radiance class ships that had a different menu, it was Italian themed. I assume that has not changed:confused:, been awhile since we have been on board.

Brilliance originally had the same Seaview Cafe menu as the other Radiance class ships. When they announced that she was heading to the Med, they changed the menu to Italian/Med style and tested it stateside before they sailed to Europe.

R&D

It's been several years, but of all my cruises, the one on Brilliance has been my overall favorite. I loved the ship layout, the staff, and the ports. I've been on Radiance and Serenade since then, but Brilliance is still my favorite.

We've sailed Brilliance twice from Miami, one 11 day and one 12 day, deep southern Caribbean and Panama. Loved her, our fav Radiance class. On her again for TA next September. She's just not well known here in the states.

Rick and Deirdra

We will see you on board: we are doing the Scandinavia and the TA, also.....Cant wait: my favorite ship:D

I can not wait to sail on Brilliance when she comes to San Juan. Looking forward to vacationing on her befor she recieves the changes from the Royal Advantage program. Loved the Serenade the way she was and think we'll love Briliance just the way she is!!

Hi Debde,

Yes, it's going to be wonderful to sea Brilliance after several years away from her! She is really our fav Radiance class ship. We last sailed her in Jan/2006.

We have our Voyager 25 day adventure coming up soon. May not get to this Brilliance thread until later. Great to chat here with you!

Rick and Deirdra

We will see you on board: we are doing the Scandinavia and the TA, also.....Cant wait: my favorite ship:D

Gonna be great to sea you all on board the Brilliance B2B!

It's been a while since we were last on Brilliance, our fav Radiance class ship! Do you have any remembrance of a bartender Danny (aka Fish) on Brill? Would love to sea him again on our B2B!!!

R&D

When you mentioned the SeaView Cafe, the Brilliance was the only one of the Radiance class ships that had a different menu, it was Italian themed. I assume that has not changed, been awhile since we have been on board.

When we were on the Brilliance the Seaview had an Italian type menu, e.g. panini. It is such an oasis. I find something I like (not hard and the panini was yummy) and just enjoy the meal and the view. Once they had a BBQ on the pool deck with buffet and lines. I went to the Seaview and had a lovely burger, cooked to order, without lines. Priceless.

Archived