passport visa stamps

To get a visa stamped into your passport you will have to apply for a visa either via local consulate or embassy of the country from which you want to get a visa or at the entry to a country which requires visa for US Citizens.

The stamp you are asking about, I think, is an entry stamp which you receive when you enter another country. Have never received one in the Caribbean or Mexico while on a cruise.

I dont know if they still do it via the Purser's office.

When you get off the ship, you can ask someone where you can get your passport stamped. There is usually an office somewhere in the port area where you can have it done.

Why not post on the various ports of call board for the places you'll be visiting, asking if there's anywhere close to port where you can have your passport stamped.

(Keep in mind that San Juan and St. Thomas are part of the USA, so if you are visiting there, it will not be a foreign port)

i have given my passport to guest relations and/or the concierge and have asked for the guest admin officer to try and get it stamped for me...

i've been given a receipt, and amassed quite a nice collection of stamps...

alternately you can roam around the pier looking for customs/immigration...many times you can get a stamp this way...

i intend to do that on EX in 4 weeks, since my passport was renewed this summer and the pages are all blank...

Getting stamps is harder and harder. When we arrived in Barcelona for a cruise, they

refused to stamps because we'd been stamped in Paris, where we only changed planes.

Most of the stamps in my newest passport are for re-entry into the US, and the last two times I've come in on a cruise, I've been told they won't do it any more as the ship has checked our passports before we boarded. What's a girl to do?

• 1 month later...

we're taking our GS on FOS in July (Western), and this is the first time he's travelling with a passport. (His previous cruises with us were before they changed the rules). We'd love to get stamps for each country he visits - Haiti, Jamaica, BVI, and Mexico - but haven't a clue whether this is even possible anymore. Has anyone accomplished this recently at those ports?

on my recent EX cruise, i was only able to get a stamp for St Maarten. Two of the ports were US, and, while I had a stamp from Haiti in my old passport, this was not done this time when we stopped at Labadee....

you can try and find the Customs/Immigration office in port (you will not find this in Haiti as they come by boat i think from Cap Haitien) and ask....though I wouldn't wander too far in Jamaica...

I would ask guest relations if they could try and get the passport control/Guest Administration officer to see if they could get the passport stamped for you

In the past, I was able to find places to get stamps in Bermuda, St Maarten (which is hidden in amongst the containers in the dockyard) and Grand Cayman, which was pretty easy....

good luck..

on my recent EX cruise, i was only able to get a stamp for St Maarten. Two of the ports were US, and, while I had a stamp from Haiti in my old passport, this was not done this time when we stopped at Labadee....

you can try and find the Customs/Immigration office in port (you will not find this in Haiti as they come by boat i think from Cap Haitien) and ask....though I wouldn't wander too far in Jamaica...

I would ask guest relations if they could try and get the passport control/Guest Administration officer to see if they could get the passport stamped for you

In the past, I was able to find places to get stamps in Bermuda, St Maarten (which is hidden in amongst the containers in the dockyard) and Grand Cayman, which was pretty easy....

good luck..

I can confirm that getting a stamp in Grand Cayman was very easy. I have just taken my passport with me when I go ashore and had success getting stamed in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Nassau, Bahamas. You have to go into town aways in Cozumel to the Tourist Bureau to get stamped. In Grand Cayman and Nassau there are offices right in the port area to get stamped.

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know if you travel to the caribbean. Do they stamp your passport? On entry and exit? Going to these places. Bahamas, San Juan, St Thomas, St John, St Lucia, Curacao, Aruba, Caymen, Usa

I only have 1 page in my passport....too late to get another? Any suggestions

Does anyone know if you travel to the caribbean. Do they stamp your passport? On entry and exit? Going to these places. Bahamas, San Juan, St Thomas, St John, St Lucia, Curacao, Aruba, Caymen, Usa

I only have 1 page in my passport....too late to get another? Any suggestions

They normally do not stamp your passport if you entering by cruise ship. However, I've read here that if you want a stamp, you can get one by going to specific government offices. Someone had posted a list here on CC a few years ago. Maybe a Google search would work?

We got a stamp in Nassau. Immigration was in a building right at the dock. We went in on a lark and asked for a stamp. Joked around with them - they were happy to stamp the passport (or at least they didn't complain about us until we left). :o

In the past, I have found it very easy to get stamps in my passport, especially in the Caribbean. Every dock has an immigration office on the pier somewhere (remember there are other boats/ships entering their country, not just cruise ships). I have asked very nicely and never been turned down.

Europe is different. They generally will not stamp your passport when not passing through the airport. It doesn’t hurt to ask if you won’t be offended by a “no”.

It is possible in some places to get a “souvenir” stamp in your passport. We got one of these stamps in Ushuaia; end of the world and at Machu Picchu. Very cool!

Archived