Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

This is the most valuable site for me. I finally started printing the photos for each ship so I have the reference handy. Thank you!

Why not just put the website in your favourites? Way less expensive and you save paper.

Theo

Thanks again Theo...

just used your site, once again, to book on the Crown. It is a bit harder to find now that the search function isn't working...wish the moderators would make this a stickie!

But I would not book without you...appreciate all your efforts and for keeping this current ....:p

Dolores

I have it bookmarked in my browser.

:D:D Thank you so much for this thread!! I will be sailing the Caribbean Princess in a few weeks and had what looked like (in thier brochure) an unobstruted view and then I saw your pictures and shrieeeked! I changed it this morning to cabin E414 from E406. Much better. Thank you! First time on Princess, first non-balcony cabin...let's see how this goes:rolleyes:

Thank you for your great site..I was able to select good cabins on the Ruby and Emerald. Just booked on the Royal and I hope you can once again help me.

I booked cabin E511, an obstructed balcony, that appears to be in the middle of a lifeboat/tender. My PVP said that E327 between two lifeboats/tenders would have a better view and I switched cabins.

After spending hours reading cc and looking at pics, I am not sure that E327 is the best choice. It seems as if the davits take up a lot of space between the tenders.

Are you familiar with these cabins? I will take pics of view when I am the ship.

Thank you,

Sandi

Thank you for your great site..I was able to select good cabins on the Ruby and Emerald. Just booked on the Royal and I hope you can once again help me.

I booked cabin E511, an obstructed balcony, that appears to be in the middle of a lifeboat/tender. My PVP said that E327 between two lifeboats/tenders would have a better view and I switched cabins.

After spending hours reading cc and looking at pics, I am not sure that E327 is the best choice. It seems as if the davits take up a lot of space between the tenders.

Are you familiar with these cabins? I will take pics of view when I am the ship.

Thank you,

Sandi

Sorry for not replying earlier but I'm on thr road a lot lately. As soon as I am home tonight I will have a look because

I think that I have some pictures. As far as I can tell you best bet is any cabin in the middle of the life boats and not in between. The ones in between look at the davits as compared to looking right over top of the lifeboat when you are in the middle.

Theo

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Forums mobile app

Thank you,

Sandi

OK here is a picture of the view from E327.

E327.jpg.e3b95932a81da43723d0bff9c9bead83.jpg

As you can see the davits are right in front of it.

Here is a picture of E524 which is at the opposite site of the ship but has about the same view as E511.

E524.jpg.fc94eaec7b3320acd1fec845835ac7bf.jpg

It looks like your PVP is wrong.

Hope this helps.

Theo

OK here is a picture of the view from E327.

[ATTACH]307401[/ATTACH]

As you can see the davits are right in front of it.

Here is a picture of E524 which is at the opposite site of the ship but has about the same view as E511.

[ATTACH]307402[/ATTACH]

It looks like your PVP is wrong.

Hope this helps.

Theo

Yes, it does help. I switched my cabin to E331, which appears to have the best view available. I plan on continuing checking availablity of other cabins.

I did contact my PVP. She was unaware that a cabin between 2 tenders/lifeboats on the Royal does not have a better view than a cabin mid tenders.

What a wonderful hobby you have. You have provided valuable information to thousands of cruisers. Thank you again for your help.

Sandi

Edited by sandybeaches44

• 2 weeks later...

thanks so much for this thread and putting the pictures and the floor plans together, it's a great help to us all.

we are looking to book a cruise on the Caribbean Princess on the Emerald Deck midship. The pictures for E414 and E415 show clear view however the floor plan shows there is a lifeboat in front of it. Which is correct? or are there better options?

Thanks again!

Michael

:D:D Thank you so much for this thread!! I will be sailing the Caribbean Princess in a few weeks and had what looked like (in thier brochure) an unobstruted view and then I saw your pictures and shrieeeked! I changed it this morning to cabin E414 from E406. Much better. Thank you! First time on Princess, first non-balcony cabin...let's see how this goes:rolleyes:

Hi Cookie, could you confirm your view from cabin E414 after your cruise? This would help to clear up any confusion about the cabin and the floor plan. Thanks in advance and hope you had a great cruise!

thanks so much for this thread and putting the pictures and the floor plans together, it's a great help to us all.

we are looking to book a cruise on the Caribbean Princess on the Emerald Deck midship. The pictures for E414 and E415 show clear view however the floor plan shows there is a lifeboat in front of it. Which is correct? or are there better options?

Thanks again!

Michael

I'm 99 % sure the pictures are correct. Both those cabins are looking out over top of the very small Zodiac type boat. If you look at the deck plans you can see that E416-E417-E418 & E419 have progressive less of a few due to the higher parts of that boat.

If you do end up selecting either E414 or 415 I would be interested if you could get me some updated pictures.

Theo

Theo is correct. I just took a screenshot and you can see the small raft in front of E414. Further back is a tender and even further back is a large lifeboat. Here's a photo of the Crown Princess and you can see the small boat in the middle. It doesn't block the view.

evege3e3.jpg

udequ9am.jpg

Thanks, Theo & Pam. Didn't realize that the zodiac is lower than the lifeboats, therefore the view is not blocked as much. Luckily the cabins are still open so we will go with it. Don't think we'll get better views unless they upgrade us to a balcony. :):)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Terry (AE_Collector) there are a few additional pictures for the Ocean & Pacific Princess.

You can check them out here.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/ocean-pacific-princess/cabins-6035--6049

Terry also submitted some pictures of the cabins on deck 3 that have a porthole. The attached pictures are of cabin 3027.

Theo

3027.jpg.8a76a468d06905d2902e32fe16af2f0a.jpg

3027a.jpg.7a6a6a5de2ec49fafd2de446111bfd44.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks again to one of our CC members who brought to my attention the addition of 2 inside cabins on the Emerald deck of the Golden Princess. I was either asleep or had a senior moment but I missed the announcement.

This screwed up the numbering in the 300 section on the port side of the Emerald deck.

I added a separate deck plan which shows those cabins and also adjusted the description for the cabins affected.

You can find this info here https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/golden-grand-star-princess/cabins-301--327

Theo

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody has information on the Ocean & Pacific Princess regarding the addition of a cabin on deck 6.

They added cabin 6044.

Here is the old deck plan; 1328962590_OceanPrincessdeck6.jpg.80146345040eb9a425b5c5c148907c4f.jpg

And here is the new deck plan; 1988778059_Oceannew.jpg.2461ef9ded06483c6d3f35669844c78b.jpg

Theo

I imagine it's the same view as 6047. I think that cabin was there all the time; it probably has been used for on-board entertainers like the comedians and such.

Edited by rdsqrl

I think this is mainly for our friends Down Under. Added some pictures for the Dawn-Sea & Sun Princess. ships. D 616 & D 619.

If you have sailed, or are going to sail, on any of the above ships please take some pictures for me of the following missing cabins. They are all on the Dolphin deck;

328-331-332-337

609-610-618-620-621-623.

Also need pictures of;

Coral & Island Princes # E622-E623

Golden-Grand & Star # E303-E304-E422-E423

Thanks, your fellow cruisers will appreciate it. :)

Theo

Thanks for your wonderful site. It helped me choose a cabin earlier today. Now, I can't get back on the site. It is refusing permission. I am even a google plus member. What am I doing wrong?? Help,please.

Thanks, Denise

Thanks for your wonderful site. It helped me choose a cabin earlier today. Now, I can't get back on the site. It is refusing permission. I am even a google plus member. What am I doing wrong?? Help,please.

Thanks, Denise

Try again. I had to take it off line for a few hours to do some maintenance.

Theo

Try again. I had to take it off line for a few hours to do some maintenance.

Theo

Bless your heart!!!! Thanks so much!!! You have done so much for so many. It is truly appreciated.

Cheers, Denise.