How do we order at Qsine?

coffeebean

I've looked at the Qsine menu on the Celebrity web site and there are many offerings. It will be two of us...just my husband and myself. I watched a video on YouTube about Qsine and I get the impression all the different foods are served on "small plates".

Do we order multiple options and share? For example...is the Filet Mignon portion large enough for us to share or should we each order our own filet mignon? I would like to try as many offerings as possible but I'm afraid it will be too much food.

I've read from several posters that one visit to Qsine is enough on one cruise. Does that mean these folks got to "sample" all the offerings they were interested in trying? No need to go back to try something else on the menu?

Please shed some light on this unique dining experience. Thank you.

You will be given an ipad with the menu. If you are two people (that's the way we did Qsine), they will ask you to select six items from the menu "to start with". But remember, you don't have to finish any item you order and you can always order more....that's just fine. We decided that the dishes we ordered were actually what we wanted so we (almost) finished them and moved on to dessert.

Everything is big enough to share (it's designed to be shared)....and that's why it's much fun...they bring dishes one at a time so you have time to share. Plan on a long meal :)

If you can possibly arrange it, perhaps with others on your roll call, it's probably better to go to Qsine with more than two people. There are so many choices that to get a variety, it's good to have a group. You will only want to order one of each item but if you're really crazy about something, you could always ask for another serving.

We went to Qsine with a group of twelve. After we finished I went back to our cabin, changed clothes and did a mile on the track. We had eaten so much I had to burn off a little of the food!

If you want to try several items (a good idea in IMHO as many are quite good), then not only should you not both order the item, you should request smaller than normal portions. For example the "Slider Party" usually comes with six mini hamburgers; you may want to request only two or four mini hamburgers if ordering that dish for the two of you. If you do not make the portions smaller either you will become full after a handful of dishes or will end up wasting a lot of food.

I think Qsine is a restaurant to plan to visit at least twice on a cruise. It is such a fun venue and quite different from restaurants I have been to on land and there are many tasty dishes. By knowing you will be visiting twice you do not feel pressure to try every dish that sounds good the first time. We went to Qsine twice this past cruise and plan to do it again twice next time we sail on a ship with Qsine. Jacques Van Staden gets an A+ from me on Qsine; very fun, entertaining dining venue.

I don't eat beef, chicken or pork (although my husband does) but I do eat fish. Is this speciality restaurant a good option for me? Will they substitue fish in any option (i.e. sliders). Thanks!

There is a fair amount of fish and veggie dishes available; I am not sure if they are able to sub fish for meat dishes. Off the top of my head they have a sushi lollipop dish, a ceviche, a soup and souffle dish, a disco shrimp dish, a crab dish, a lobster escargot dish, a fish & chip dish, a cruncy munchy dish (different types of French fries and chips), a veggie dish (several different types of veggies creamed in a different manner with various sauces/combinations), and a Mediterranean dish that has lots of different treats, many vegetarian (i.e. hummus, falafel etc.). There are probably a couple more non meat dishes I am forgetting about and then of course the desserts.

If you can possibly arrange it, perhaps with others on your roll call, it's probably better to go to Qsine with more than two people. There are so many choices that to get a variety, it's good to have a group. You will only want to order one of each item but if you're really crazy about something, you could always ask for another serving.

We went to Qsine with a group of twelve. After we finished I went back to our cabin, changed clothes and did a mile on the track. We had eaten so much I had to burn off a little of the food!

I agree wholeheartedly with the "go with a group" theory. My DH an I went and it was just so much food we stopped enjoying it before it was through....there's only so much a person can eat!! It IS an interesting concept and with a large group even better. We will go again but we will make sure there are at least 6 of us at the table. As Gonzo said you can ask for smaller portions on some items, which we did but I still think for two it's just an overwhelming amount of food....and, trust me, I LOVE to eat!!! :)

For those of you who have dined in Qsine...

What are the "not to be missed" items on the Qsine menu?

I loved the filet because the presentation was great and the side dishes that came with it are fabulous. We loved the spring rolls. I normally don't like lamb and thought the small lamb chops were fabulous. My family loved the lava crab. I am sure that i am missing things, it was all good.

I agree wholeheartedly with the "go with a group" theory. My DH an I went and it was just so much food we stopped enjoying it before it was through....there's only so much a person can eat!! It IS an interesting concept and with a large group even better. We will go again but we will make sure there are at least 6 of us at the table. As Gonzo said you can ask for smaller portions on some items, which we did but I still think for two it's just an overwhelming amount of food....and, trust me, I LOVE to eat!!! :)

Fully agree, that's what my DH and I concluded as well : go with larger group, it is a bit wasted if you are just 2 of you. We each selected different things, but could only try a limited selection as each item portion - even shared by two - was a lot.

• 1 year later...

The most original restaurant I've ever been to -- can't wait to go back in December -- would not miss it!!

The food quality is excellent - everything tastes great in it's own right -- next time, I will skip foods that you can get anywhere, like sliders, fries and shrimp cocktail (even though presentation is so stunning) and get right to the things I don't get very often at restaurants such as kibi, hummus, and the most delicious rice that accompanied the chicken skewers. And I would also save room for dessert; had fun decorating our own cupcakes but couldn't take even one bite.

We loved Qsine (will be going back in a few days) and did it with another couple which turned out to be great fun. That being said, I am not sure there is a problem with doing it as a couple as long as you tell the waiter to keep the portions small. When we had our group of 4 we went through 10 dishes plus a couple of desserts....but we all ate too darn much (and it was all sooo good). If we did it as a couple we could still eat exactly the same amounts we did as a group

Hank

A group of 8 of us plan to go to Qsine on our cruise this coming May. Based on the above, I'm thinking of suggesting that each person order 3 dishes--each different from each other and each different from someone else's. We can all share the 24 dishes (sounds like a LOT of food!). If there is a dish we like, we can always order a second (or third :eek:) serving.

For dessert, I'm thinking we'll order everything on the menu, and then share all the sweets.

Would this work?

We think some folks might have an anxiety attack if they follow this thread. So for their sake we would advise that the waiters in Qsine are very good at giving advice on how much to order and they will also suggest certain items. Also keep in mind that if your initial order does not fully satisfy your appetites it is a simple matter to order additional dishes at any time.

Hank

A group of 8 of us plan to go to Qsine on our cruise this coming May. Based on the above, I'm thinking of suggesting that each person order 3 dishes--each different from each other and each different from someone else's. We can all share the 24 dishes (sounds like a LOT of food!). If there is a dish we like, we can always order a second (or third :eek:) serving.

For dessert, I'm thinking we'll order everything on the menu, and then share all the sweets.

Would this work?

Not too many of the dishes would serve eight - so you might want to either pick fewer dishes and order two of each, or have four people coordinate their orders with one another and share the dishes as well as the other four people do this as well (i.e. all sit together, but operate as two separate groups of four in terms of ordering and sharing).

Archived