Oceania is now part of the AMEX platinum cruise amenity program

stuNYC

I called our TA about the AMEX Platinum program and she followed up with Oceania and was told that we had to pay the deposit with the Platinum card and pay in full with the Platinum card. Since I had made the deposit with my AMEX Gold card, she was able to get a credit for our Gold card and put the deposit on the Platinum card. Evidently she didn't have to cancel and rebook the entire reservation. We are going with friends who have two cabins booked so between the two of us we will be getting $900 in shipboard credit from this program......great information through Cruise Critic!!

Only Amex Platinum cards issued by Amex itself will work.

That part is true.

But it is also true that you DO NOT have to use your Plat Amex at all for any payments - only to have one and pay everything with other Amex cards. This is to get the $300 OBC, wine, etc.

To get the 25K Reward Points, you must use the Pat. card and book through their cruise program.

At least this is how it has worked for me in the past on other cruise lines.

• 3 months later...
I wish I had known this when I booked my cruise to French Poly not that long ago... Ugghhh. I used my Visa to put down the deposit. I usually use my Amex Platinum to pay for my cruises on Silversea, etc. but didn't realize Oceania was now part of that. Well, will make note for the future.

Glad you were able to change your deposit over--I did this once.

Has anybody found out of Amex Canada is adding Oceania? I don't see it listed yet on their website, so I'm guessing the answer is no.

I got the same response from my TA - can't combine with prepaid gratuities which is more than $300. I don't understand the reference to suite level influencing the AMEX Plat OBC - have sailed often with Regent on top level suites and always got the AMEX OBC.

I have a united credit card, gives me free baggage , a free companion air fare, in coach on any fare in the US and Hawaii. Several club passes access to more free flight inventory than non UA card holders, and $65 not $450 yr. the past 20 years it has given me back over $10K a year. The$ 200 off airline fees is laughable. My card gets me 50% off fares!

I used to have a Amex... didnt get the value from it.

Find this thread extremely interesting with people unsure if or when this Program will apply to Oceania. So I decided to look at the American Express Cruise Privileges Program and was surprised to see that Oceania was not listed as one of the program cruise lines.

Someone posted that this won't begin until October but no information on when bookings qualify for this program. Am not saying this will exist come October or when bookings or cruises will qualify but, for sure, as of today Oceania is not listed as a cruise line eligible for the program.

i WAS THE OP AND OCEANIA HAS JOINED THE AMEX PLAT SEVERAL MONTHS AGO. I AM LEAVING IN THREE WEEKS AND I AM GETTING AMEX BENEFITS ON THIS CRUISE. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE OCT 2012 CAME FROM. ASK YOUR TA!

i WAS THE OP AND OCEANIA HAS JOINED THE AMEX PLAT SEVERAL MONTHS AGO. I AM LEAVING IN THREE WEEKS AND I AM GETTING AMEX BENEFITS ON THIS CRUISE. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE OCT 2012 CAME FROM. ASK YOUR TA!

I am getting mixed results as well. Oceania told my TA no. I made my deposit with the Amex any way

Don't even bother talking to Oceania. Have your TA contact Amex Platinum directly (has to be done online now) and he will get a reference number for your OBC. Make sure you get that number from your TA in case there is any problem onboard.

Glad you were able to change your deposit over--I did this once.

Has anybody found out of Amex Canada is adding Oceania? I don't see it listed yet on their website, so I'm guessing the answer is no.

Just saw this. No, we weren't able to change our deposit over. Oceania said our category was booked up so to do this we had to cancel and rebook at a much higher category. The ship board credit from Amex and the champagne weren't enough to pay for the new category.

But we know for the future.

Archived