Monarch Plus On-Site Parking Changes

disfan

Just off the Monarch, today. Since my last cruise 3 weeks ago, made to order breakfast omelets have been discontinued. It seems that it was getting too confusing, trying to track down people who placed an order and left the counter area.

Also the self parking charge for the 4 day cruise went up from $60 to $75. I called the Port and they told me that you must now pay for the day in AND the day out. 4 day cruisers pay for 5 days and 7 day cruisers will pay 8.

I guess a lot more people will be parking off-site.

We are sailing for the first time on the Monarch next month. We just read about the extra day parking charge. That is new and apparently it is both on site and also off site parking. I would guess this trend will follow to other Florida locations, but I hope not

Double dipping!!!

Bummer about the omeletes!!! :(

Just off the Monarch, today. Since my last cruise 3 weeks ago, made to order breakfast omelets have been discontinued. It seems that it was getting too confusing, trying to track down people who placed an order and left the counter area.

Also the self parking charge for the 4 day cruise went up from $60 to $75. I called the Port and they told me that you must now pay for the day in AND the day out. 4 day cruisers pay for 5 days and 7 day cruisers will pay 8.

I guess a lot more people will be parking off-site.

Ahoy disfan....

What a disappointment about no more omelet station on the Monarch. Do you know if this is ship wide?

Thanks for the heads up on the port parking...

I say the Best Western's offer is the way to go.

We last parked at the Best Western this past September. Cocoa Beach shuttle took us to and from the port. We were very satisfied with our nights stay as well as the shuttle service.... (A One!)

Best Western Cocoa Beach is offering parking vouchers for $8.99 per day for the port, if you book a night with them. Your other option is the port for parking at $15 per night.

http://www.bestwesterncocoabeach.com/embed/bw2.html

It used to be $15 per night, now it is $15 per day or part thereof :mad:

Just a more creative way of raising the daily rate. The last two times they ratcheted up the $$/day by a few bucks and those caused the same reaction - so this time they kept the daily rate the same, and changed how they count days to be consistent with how they do it at MCO. Now they can go back to the voters and say they kept the rates the same:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Omelette station up and running on the MN when I was on(Nov 28th-Dec5th)

No more free parking at the BW......they don't allow it at all........just the discount for parking at the port............sucha shame..we always stayed at the BW.....

In Nov,we stayed at the Doubletree.....they still had parking there and shuttle service..

Heads up to anyone on the Monarch for NYE:

Freedom AND Monarch will be in on that Friday 12/30. May be an issue with transfers

if you use the parking lot at the port.

Me? I am now giving my business to the taxi service in the area. ;)

Thats what happened a couple of years ago....FR got the RCCL terminal.........MN got the Carnival one........so when we came back(on the MN) we berthed back in the RCCL terminal and had to use one of the shuttles they provided to take us to our car in the Carnival lot.

Thats what happened a couple of years ago....FR got the RCCL terminal.........MN got the Carnival one........so when we came back(on the MN) we berthed back in the RCCL terminal and had to use one of the shuttles they provided to take us to our car in the Carnival lot.

Hopefully our taxi driver will find the hidden Monarch on embarkation! :eek: ;) ;)

"No..no...don't turn in there...Over there, over there!!" :D

I was on the Monarch Dec 5-9 and there was not omelet station then either.

Must be hit or miss for some reason. I was on 11/28 cruise as well and there was definately an omelet station. I was pleasantly surprised as I had read on here that is had been discountinued.

I was on the Monarch Dec 5-9 and there was not omelet station then either.

Maybe it was just not obvious to you.......on other ships,you can see them making them as you order.........on the MN (in the main part of the WJ.not the forward part),there was a crew member standing there taking orders......she brought them into the kitchen where they made the eggs......gave me a number and when they were ready,would call out the number.

Maybe it was just not obvious to you.......on other ships,you can see them making them as you order.........on the MN (in the main part of the WJ.not the forward part),there was a crew member standing there taking orders......she brought them into the kitchen where they made the eggs......gave me a number and when they were ready,would call out the number.

Except for the last day, the Freedom was making omlets to order in the WJ as of last

week. Though I never did use that service. Lots of choices everywhere. Great

fresh fruit everyday. :)

Will be on Monarch again in 8 days, so will check it out then.

Except for the last day, the Freedom was making omlets to order in the WJ as of last

week. Though I never did use that service. Lots of choices everywhere. Great

fresh fruit everyday. :)

Will be on Monarch again in 8 days, so will check it out then.

It is at the counter (between the bread and the hot food)...where there is an opening to behind the counter.......

enjoy!!

It is at the counter (between the bread and the hot food)...where there is an opening to behind the counter.......

enjoy!!

Thanks! Time for a nice decadent omlet to order to bring in the New Year for sure!! :D

Though the Diamond breakfast event they had on the Freedom one morning was enough to spoil me totally! ;)

For those of you cruising out of Port Canaveral soon - this was just posted on Park n cruises facebook page:

Park 'N Cruise

We are running a Holiday Parking Special! $4.99/day with online reservation and coupon. Expires 1/5/12. Go to www.parkcruise.com to make a reservation and print coupon.

Thank you! We are leaving tonight to head to FL for our Christmas cruise on Monarch. Already had my reservation at Park 'N Cruise. What a nice Christmas gift this coupon was. Gotta love CC!

Just off the Majesty 12-12 to 16 and had an omelet everyday in the WJ. There were 2 stations side by side in the first section and also on the aft section.

Would hate to see them go. My favorite part of mornings on board except for coffee on the balcony.

Thank you! We are leaving tonight to head to FL for our Christmas cruise on Monarch. Already had my reservation at Park 'N Cruise. What a nice Christmas gift this coupon was. Gotta love CC!

Good glad someone got to take advantage of this. How was Christmas on the Monarch?

Archived