Current Concierges continued

PH8

Unfortunately, Nellie's Cabanas do not have the same privileges as before, effective Oct. 4th.

There are 2 threads to that effect on the Private Islands board

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1924738

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1924664

Edited by melbur

We just returned from an Oasis B2B.

According to Charmaine (concierge), beginning this October, Nellie's Cabana renters do NOT have access to the Barefoot Beach lunch UNLESS they are suite guests (or Pinnacle gold card holders). This was on the Oasis, other ships with fewer suites might still allow access.

I stand corrected, sorry! :o Silly me, I was operating under the misconception that there was some consistency to the policy. :eek: I will be canceling our cabana when we board Freedom, I have had it booked for months, and the upgraded buffet WAS part of the deal. :mad:

Edited by travelgoddess1

I stand corrected, sorry! :o Silly me, I was operating under the misconception that there was some consistency to the policy. :eek: I will be canceling our cabana when we board Freedom, I have had it booked for months, and the upgraded buffet WAS part of the deal. :mad:

I believe Pinnacle members still have access to the upgraded buffet.

We just returned from an Oasis B2B.

According to Charmaine (concierge), beginning this October, Nellie's Cabana renters do NOT have access to the Barefoot Beach lunch UNLESS they are suite guests (or Pinnacle gold card holders). This was on the Oasis, other ships with fewer suites might still allow access.

Why would you cancel. You are a Gold Card Holder!;):D

Edited by cruisenfever

Karen, anything booked before Oct 4th will have the same amenities. You are OK with your cabana.

That wouldn't make a difference would it? I thought that when renting a cabana, at least one person has to be in a suite or have the Gold Card.

I'm totally guessing, but I got the impression that she may have been booked in the non-suite (Nellie's?) cabana because those are the ones that are losing access to the upgraded lunch at Barefoot.

I'm totally guessing, but I got the impression that she may have been booked in the non-suite (Nellie's?) cabana because those are the ones that are losing access to the upgraded lunch at Barefoot.

Oh, I was under the impression that if you had a Gold Card and rented a cabana at NB you were still eligible for the upgraded lunch....or did I read it wrong ?:confused:

".....beginning this October, Nellie's Cabana renters do NOT have access to the Barefoot Beach lunch UNLESS they are suite guests (or Pinnacle gold card holders)".

Oh, I was under the impression that if you had a Gold Card and rented a cabana at NB you were still eligible for the upgraded lunch....or did I read it wrong ?:confused:

".....beginning this October, Nellie's Cabana renters do NOT have access to the Barefoot Beach lunch UNLESS they are suite guests (or Pinnacle gold card holders)".

I agree, Gold Card holders have access to the Barefoot lunch. However, I figured there was some other reason that Karen said she was going to cancel (post #2531). The only thing I could come up with was that she had rented a Nellie's cabana and was planning to share it with some others who did not have a Gold Card. The new policy would prevent her non Gold Card friends from being able to go to the Barefoot lunch.

I'm probably way off base here.

Sorry for not explaining myself. :o I realize I can have access to BB with my Gold Seapass card, cabana or no cabana. What bothers me is this constant churning of the rules, where we book under one set of rules, and cruise under another set. Who on Labadee will be keeping track of the other Nellies Beach cabana bookings caught in the rules change? I'm going to Labadee to relax in a cabana, not to argue with someone about my bottled water and BB buffet access. I foresee messiness.

I know, I'm creating problems where none exist. I'm sure everything will be fine. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

Sorry for not explaining myself. :o I realize I can have access to BB with my Gold Seapass card, cabana or no cabana. What bothers me is this constant churning of the rules, where we book under one set of rules, and cruise under another set. Who on Labadee will be keeping track of the other Nellies Beach cabana bookings caught in the rules change? I'm going to Labadee to relax in a cabana, not to argue with someone about my bottled water and BB buffet access. I foresee messiness.

I know, I'm creating problems where none exist. I'm sure everything will be fine. :)

I was wondering if your plan to cancel was based on principle. Good for you. The constant rule changing gets annoying, to put it mildly. I realize there are worse things in life to worry about, but a relaxing vacation shouldn't have to be constantly monitored for rule changes. And we shouldn't have to explain anything to the beach attendants.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

I was wondering if your plan to cancel was based on principle. Good for you. The constant rule changing gets annoying, to put it mildly. I realize there are worse things in life to worry about, but a relaxing vacation shouldn't have to be constantly monitored for rule changes. And we should have to explain anything to the beach attendants.

Gina

Yes:)

I think they all aren't available on line because not everyone is very tech savvy, if using a computer is even called that anymore. ;) But I still wouldn't wait to hear from the concierge. I would contact them maybe 9 or 10 days prior and ask if they can get one for you while they are still available. Or if you want to wait and don't hear from them by 7 days prior, contact them 6 days prior since the first day of the cruise rush will be over for that week.

At least you have a Nellie's cabana still, don't you? Being a suite guest you will still have access to the suite buffet lunch so unlike the non-suite guests on Nellie's beach you get the full value of what you are paying.

It does seem like it should be easy for the concierge to just switch you out of one beach to the other. Good luck!

Gina

Yes I have the Nellie's Cabana. I have already sent a follow-up email to both concierges and am waiting for a reply. If I don't hear anything I will certainly follow up the week before the cruise. If nothing else I'll chat with them first thing on the 17th when I board.

Being in a Grande Suite for the first time, I do have access to Barefoot Beach anyway, maybe I should just cancel the cabana altogether and hang out under the trees! And yes, I have seen postings that those who booked Nellie's cabanas before 10/4 still can go over for the upgraded buffett but those who book after cannot. I'm a suite guest so I could go no matter what.

We just returned from the Brilliance, and the Concierge is currently Wilfredo J. Salaya.

Probably my least favorite Concierge. Basically ignored anyone that wasn't in a suite when we sailed on the Freedom a few years ago. Oh, and the guitar playing (same song, over and over again) was a real treat.

JMO YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was interesting......just got off the Explorer. The Suite guests were provided their own lounge on Deck 14....Cloud 9. Us D+ cruisers had the Concierge Lounge almost to ourselves. Have not seen that before! Neither area was too crowded. We went to the CL every night and there were very few people there. We hardly ever saw any Suite Guests all week!

Were you allowed to go up to Cloud Nine or were you segregated? On the final Mariner cruise from LA, D+ (it was before Pinnacle was created) were banned from the CL at the cocktail hour and sent to the VCL. It turned out to be very pleasant up there, and we could get pretty much whatever we wanted to drink. And in a much nicer setting.:D

Probably my least favorite Concierge. Basically ignored anyone that wasn't in a suite when we sailed on the Freedom a few years ago. Oh, and the guitar playing (same song, over and over again) was a real treat.

JMO YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the same experience with Willie when we did our b2b on Freedom last December/January. Very disappointed in his attitude.

Fernando Cataldo will take over as Concierge on ID from the next cruise until the 23rd November.

We had the pleasure of cruising with Fernando on the Jewel TA in August of 2012. What a wonderful and caring individual he is. You are in for a real treat.

We had the pleasure of cruising with Fernando on the Jewel TA in August of 2012. What a wonderful and caring individual he is. You are in for a real treat.

I agree. He was Diamond concierge on Grandeur last year. He's a really lovely young man and very helpful. Unfortunately we won't be sailing with him on Indy, just passing on the information. :)

Were you allowed to go up to Cloud Nine or were you segregated? On the final Mariner cruise from LA, D+ (it was before Pinnacle was created) were banned from the CL at the cocktail hour and sent to the VCL. It turned out to be very pleasant up there, and we could get pretty much whatever we wanted to drink. And in a much nicer setting.:D

No ....we were not invited up to Cloud 9. We pretty much had the CL to ourselves. Hardly ever saw any Suite Guests. It was interesting.