Current Concierges continued

PH8

Hi There!

We have Gustavo as our concierge on Indy in two weeks. Does he seem to be ok with D+ in the CL or is he more a suites only guy? I ask bc his email came across with the latter.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He uses his legal name and his actual position in his signature as required by the ship. He is the suites concierge, not the diamond concierge, but is as kind, welcoming, and helpful to all. We were in a JS on our sailing with Butcher this year on a different ship.

Hi There!

We have Gustavo as our concierge on Indy in two weeks. Does he seem to be ok with D+ in the CL or is he more a suites only guy? I ask bc his email came across with the latter.

Thanks!

We did not have an issue with Butcher when we last sailed with him. We were not in a suite and he treated us just fine.

So happy you enjoyed being with Alan. Do you know how long he will be on this ship? We are sailing on SR January 3 and Alan made our cruise last year. Went downtown to welcome the ship today. She looks great! Counting down the days till we board.

I did not quote you previously as my comments were not directed to you specifically. The information I offered was simply for those who may not know.

I cut crew more slack than land CS employees for what I think are obvious reasons - no days off for an entire contract along with being away from family for many months at a time. I'm sure you understand all of that. Others, including lurkers, may not.

There have been some around here who have been very hard on a random concierge from time to time. I wasn't accusing you of doing so. I'm sorry if you thought I was. Thanks.

Gina,

Thank you for your comments. I did think your post was directed at me even though you didn't quote. I'm happy to know I was mistaken.

Thanks!

Pennie

So happy you enjoyed being with Alan. Do you know how long he will be on this ship? We are sailing on SR January 3 and Alan made our cruise last year. Went downtown to welcome the ship today. She looks great! Counting down the days till we board.

He will be in the CL in January for a couple of months is what we were told.

Great news. We had the pleasure of having Alan del Fierro on the SR in the DL these past 3 weeks. What a joy! We felt un-welcomed in the CL frankly - but were lucky enough to be treated wonderfully by Alan. He deserves the CL job in the future.

Totally agree - what a lovely man. We were made to feel very welcome in the CL (by Rami Tabassi) but preferred the DL because Alan created such a lovely atmosphere in there.

She's home, in Costa Rica! She doesn't know if she will be back!!!

Sending her a message, and I'll let you know, when I get the answer.

Betsy just told me she's coming back in January but not sure which ship.

Totally agree - what a lovely man. We were made to feel very welcome in the CL (by Rami Tabassi) but preferred the DL because Alan created such a lovely atmosphere in there.

We also found Alan to be a very enthusiastic and attentive host in the DL during our voyages in Jan 2014.

We look forward to seeing him again when we return to Serenade in Jan 2015.

What is the standard rotation for Concierges? We are on the Jewel at the end of January. Does it seems improbable that Diego may still be in the CL since he started back in mid July? He was great last time we were on the Jewel.

I'm sorry but Diego will be on vacation at that time.