Current Concierges continued

PH8

I wouldn't ask him either and I am a good friend....I don't like to tell people that others are talking bad about them........they will no doubt just defend themselves and maybe feel bad about it.....

It is not my business to get involved......its between two parties and I was not one of them,

Edited by PH8

I wouldn't ask him either and I am a good friend....I don't like to tell people that others are talking bad about them........they will no doubt just defend themselves and maybe feel bad about it.....

It is not my business to get involved......its between two parties and I was not one of them,

I probably won't mention it to him. He busts his butt doing for folks, and yes it's his job, and we have been around him a lot but have never seen any behavior other than helpful and friendly to ALL, not just a small group or clique.

He arrived in Barcelona to board Allure this week and has been dreadfully sick. Not sure if he's even going to be on the first sailing this week as a result of it.

One other thing I will say. All of us on here have concierges we like better than others and some that we just don't click with at all. (I have one like that, but I don't come here broadcasting it). Just like the rest of us, they are human and make errors.

And this is my final post on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by internetwhiz

I had a concierge I could NOT STAND:mad::mad:...........things change and now I think the world of him..:)

Again, things change, feelings change. This one strictly catered to the suite people, and C and A members were 2nd class. It was hard for me as it was out first time in a concierge lounge, new D+, and it wasn't because we were making unusual or difficult requests. Who knows, it may have been a bad week for him. Anyway, it's better now when we sail with him.

He was one of the worst unfriendly concierges we have ever met! Another passenger said the same thing. The other passenger walked into the lounge to see his mom for 1 minute with a drink in hand since he had purchased the beverage package and then walked out. XXXXX yelled at him from across the room saying he would kick him out of the lounge if he took a drink out of the lounge again in front of all the guests. He embarrassed him about talking his drink out! XXXX has no class at all.

Mentioned a name or two in a negative way in the past. Was chastised...learned my lesson. However....

I understand some have their favorites, some have their least favorites and some really don't care but if this was posted without a name I seriously doubt anyone would have defended the action of the concierge and it is very likely there would have been several posts asking for more specifics.

Sometimes omitting the name does very little to hide who it was.

Example...On my last cruise the (insert position/title) was an absolute waste and very rude. How hard is it to look at poster history to find out which ship was the last cruise taken on? Wouldn't waste my time but many on here would.

A better approach would be to use the comment card.

Edited by looking4info

Again, things change, feelings change. This one strictly catered to the suite people, and C and A members were 2nd class. It was hard for me as it was out first time in a concierge lounge, new D+, and it wasn't because we were making unusual or difficult requests. Who knows, it may have been a bad week for him. Anyway, it's better now when we sail with him.

That's how I felt about the concierge I did not like then,but like him now.I think he got a lot of complaints and has since,changed his ways.

I know, why don't you do their job every day for six months and see if you can be happy every day, every week. Yes they have a job that requires patience beyond thatt of most jobs, but they also have other things in their lives. They are selected for that job because of excellent interpersonal skills and being able to handle many tasks at once, but just like in your jobs....or retirement...every day is not a happy day. We had a suite room steward once who just seemed off the norm. Come to find out he had just lost 11 relatives in the Phillipines typhoon and could not get a hold of several others. He had 3 more months on his contract and was feeling helpless. Once we talked he did so much better just knowing someone cared. Everyone has a story, including every person on this board. If we really knew each other's story how differently wouod we act. Next time you encounter someone who seems standoffish or less than helpful, reach out to them on a personal level and just watch the transformation. There are robots at bars on the new ships, but ships still use humans in the lounges. Also just sit a few times and watch the number of people that treat them like trash. Not trying to preach but just offering my own personal perspective. This is just my life story so please don't accuse me of preaching.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

I will be on Oasis June 6. Concierges are Israel and Nadia. Allan is on vacation.

We just got off of the May 9 sailing of Oasis. Nadia is very friendly and accommodating. Israel was as well, he just seemed a bit distant/busy all the time. We preferred to talk to Nadia if she was there. Either way it was an excellent experience, the amenities for suite guests on Oasis are top notch!

We just got off of the May 9 sailing of Oasis. Nadia is very friendly and accommodating. Israel was as well, he just seemed a bit distant/busy all the time. We preferred to talk to Nadia if she was there. Either way it was an excellent experience, the amenities for suite guests on Oasis are top notch!

Thanks for the info. I know Israel and I'm looking forward to meeting Nadia.

Also really looking forward to the Coastal Kitchen.

We just had Denzil Fernandez on Explorer of the Seas. A wonderful concierge, hard working, very friendly and polite with nothing too much trouble. Also CL staff, Kathy and Sumna were beyond excellent too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

He was a great concierge on our 12-4-2014 cruise.

Does EX have a Diamond Lounge now that she has been through Drydock and if so, who is the concierge?

He was a great concierge on our 12-4-2014 cruise.

Does EX have a Diamond Lounge now that she has been through Drydock and if so, who is the concierge?

Yes Explorer has a Diamond Lounge on 14. But because Denzil and the CL was so nice we only ventured up there once. Not sure who the Concierge was, but the other staff weren't very helpful at all. Just in my opinion of course.

I just learned that Catalina, who was great, is no longer concierge on Enchantment. She is still on the ship, though, in the Cruise Sales Department. The new concierge is Felix Vargas.

Yes, I can confirm that Felix Vargas is now the Enchantment concierge

and Aline Perez in the Diamond concierge.

Jim and Patti or anyone,

Do you know the email for contacting the CL or DL Concierge on the Brilliance??

I think it is Ivan.

Thank you

Don

All the email addresses are in this document:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

There are links in the Current Concierge GoogleDoc for both Concierges https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Just off Radiance and Katrine (Katya) Zolnikova was in the Diamond Lounge. She will be on for a while. I just sent her a message on Facebook asking how long she will be on.

Also, Gustavo Butcher is currently in the CL on Independence and going to Freedom on 8/19 (per his facebook post). Asked him if he's going to the DL or CL and awaiting his response.