FREEDOM- GS 'reserved seating' at the pool

K L B

We are sailing on FOS in a GS this January, and it is our first RCL cruise. I'm curious about where the reserved suite seating is in the pool area. Anyone have some insight to share? How big is the reserved area, and can we normally be assured to just walk up and find seating? I hate the chair hog game, but in order to secure a seat sometimes you get sucked into playing it. I'd like to not have to!

It's above the Sky Bar.. a much better location than the tiered area on the pool deck.

Only better if you want direct sun all day. We didn't use it in Oct. DH has had melanoma and I burn fairly easily so we prefer some shade.

Only better if you want direct sun all day. We didn't use it in Oct. DH has had melanoma and I burn fairly easily so we prefer some shade.

All of the reserved seating for suites on the pool decks of any RCL ship is in the direct sun so this location is no different in that regard.

All of the reserved seating for suites on the pool decks of any RCL ship is in the direct sun so this location is no different in that regard.

Still don't like to sit in the direct sun all day. There was rarely anyone up there as a lot of people prefer not to bake.

On our last two FOS cruises, it was on the little sundeck on top of the sky bar. On our previous FOS cruises it was on the tiered area between the sky bar and the pool deck. Personally, I liked the tiered area a lot better. That top sundeck is always windy, and completely exposed to whatever weather happens by.

I'm looking forward to using the reserved suite seating on our upcoming Navigator cruise! I would rather sit in direct sunlight for an hour or so, then leave and be able to return knowing there is a good chance of a seat still being available. In the past we have got slightly toasted staying on a bed for too long as we knew we would not find another if we left for a while!

I'm looking forward to using the reserved suite seating on our upcoming Navigator cruise! I would rather sit in direct sunlight for an hour or so, then leave and be able to return knowing there is a good chance of a seat still being available. In the past we have got slightly toasted staying on a bed for too long as we knew we would not find another if we left for a while!

i feel the same way. I can deal with some sun, and just prepare accordingly by bringing a hat and sunscreen. i'm appreciative of this 'reserved seating' as previous cruises I've been on didn't have this feature.(it's not a long list of past cruises, but there have been a few)- as long as it works and there is enough seating. it sounds like there is- thanks to all for the information :)

I'm looking forward to using the reserved suite seating on our upcoming Navigator cruise! I would rather sit in direct sunlight for an hour or so, then leave and be able to return knowing there is a good chance of a seat still being available.

Agree. Great perk!!

Don't have to get up early and can leave and come back and still probably have a lounger!! Sea days are the best use of this!

Archived