Lastest on QM2 refit

southwestie

The new striped carpet in the Commodore Club looks great IMO. Now let's hope they change the bedcovers and drapes so that everything matches in the staterooms. I can't see that they would specify the new carpet without following through on the rest. I really hope not!

YouTube clip posted on "We are Cunard":

Thanks for the video link.

Only Cunard could make a hectic, crazy, dirty, chaotic dry dock look civilized, calm, refined, quiet, and elegant! LOL

Amazing those big holes in the cement (or whatever surface it is) underneath the carpets. I've never heard of this problem on any other ship but QM2.

Ernie

Rob6852,

Do you know if the curtains, sofa fabric and bedding in the cabins will be coordinated with the new darker wave pattern carpet? Or will they remain the same?

Carpeting in CClub looks swank. I like.

Thanks,

Bobby

I think it really looks good, I was told that the curtains etc will be replaced and will match while on QM2 in october, the refit is almost complete now, cat wait to see the full result

Rob6852,Thanks for posting the picture and I have to admit that I like the new blue striped carpet in the Commodore Club.The new blue striped carpet does a nice decor with the new white leather chairs :) Regards,Jerry

Its a pleasure Jerry, hope your well, the carpet does look good, and new white chairs too, they were getting real bad, hope to see you on qm2 again soon

Its a pleasure Jerry, hope your well, the carpet does look good, and new white chairs too, they were getting real bad, hope to see you on qm2 again soon
Rob6852,Thank You and I see that on your post you'll be aboard the QM2 on June 5th European cruise.By any chance are you staying aboard the QM2 for the June 10th & June 17th crossings?You see I am going aboard QM2 for the June 17th & June 24th crossings. Regards,Jerry

Thanks, MaineTraveler, for the video link.

Let's all be grateful for the hundreds of artisans who are working 24/7 in Hamburg.

Think that the new cabin decor is "too busy?" Someone else thinks that the "old" cabins were beige boxes.

Think that a tartan carpet in the Golden Lion clashes with the tiling near the bar? Someone else thinks that it's a vast improvement over the psychodelic red original carpeting. (But PLEASE... leave the dartboard!)

Think that the "holes" beneath the carpeting prior to this refit were scandalous? Someone else looks at the thickness of the levelling compound, considers the human traffic patterns onboard, and wonders "how did it last so long?". (In eight more years this will, no doubt, provide grist for the French/German craftsmanship debate mill. For now, based on frequent views of the vessel's sheer, I'm amazed at how little compound was originally used to "true" the interior decks.)

I, for one, am pleased that the only civilian vessel capable of providing safe passage anywhere in the world in any season is being properly maintained. (So long as they preserve the dartboard.)

My wife and I eagerly anticipate our return aboard in two weeks, and we don't plan to spend any time staring at the stateroom carpet.

JWB

P.S. (PLEASE... leave the dartboard!)

I wonder how much the refit costs! In lost revenue and actual costs. The youtube link is really interesting.

QM2 allows smoking in the staterooms? A shame their new policy doesn't come into effect as from the date of the refit.

I wonder how much the refit costs! In lost revenue and actual costs. The youtube link is really interesting.

QM2 allows smoking in the staterooms? A shame their new policy doesn't come into effect as from the date of the refit.

Puska, no worries: CCL last reported net profit =26.43%

Perhaps more importanly to the changes in decor, are changes made to unseen areas. - Just a thought. Regards, Salcaia

Yes on page 5 there is an image of a Queens Suite with the new brown and cream striped carpet, cream or beige sofa and cream curtains with a beige pattern.

Also a puce colour easy chair and matching sofa and bed cushions. Similar to this > :o

Puska, no worries: CCL last reported net profit =26.43%

Perhaps more importanly to the changes in decor, are changes made to unseen areas. - Just a thought. Regards, Salcaia

That is pretty good in the current economic environment. Just love it that when we have our very short taster in March she will be in pristine condition.

Archived